PDA

View Full Version : ***APB Alert: Devil's Advocate's***

Pages : [1] 2

hockeyguy99
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
This is an All-Points Bulletin checking on the whereabouts of a group that refers to themselves as the "Devil's Advocate's". This group is considered armed but not dangerous. They are said to have hockey sticks that they stole from the Wis. Stout hockey team early Friday morning causing the Wis. Stout hockey team to suffer from an inept offense and horrific goaltending. They are also wanted in the State of Wisconsin for identity fraud as the ideas and structure of their "group" were stolen from the nationally recognized Rowdy Crowd.

Due to the thievery of the DA's, the Wis. Stout mens hockey team must suffer a horrible fate due to their epic failure this weekend. They are forced to ride back to Wisconsin, a trip that lasts 21 hours. That is a little more than one hour for every goal allowed this weekend (16).

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the individual involved with this group. Please alert authorities immediately as they have not been seen at their usual hangout, the USCHO.com Fan Forum.

Thank You in advance.

powerofyellowandblack
11-28-2009, 11:06 PM
This is an All-Points Bulletin checking on the whereabouts of a group that refers to themselves as the "Devil's Advocate's". This group is considered armed but not dangerous. They are said to have hockey sticks that they stole from the Wis. Stout hockey team early Friday morning causing the Wis. Stout hockey team to suffer from an inept offense and horrific goaltending. They are also wanted in the State of Wisconsin for identity fraud as the ideas and structure of their "group" were stolen from the nationally recognized Rowdy Crowd.

Due to the thievery of the DA's, the Wis. Stout mens hockey team must suffer a horrible fate due to their epic failure this weekend. They are forced to ride back to Wisconsin, a trip that lasts 21 hours. That is a little more than one hour for every goal allowed this weekend (16).

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the individual involved with this group. Please alert authorities immediately as they have not been seen at their usual hangout, the USCHO.com Fan Forum.

Thank You in advance.

You, sir, win the internet. This is fantastic.

Fritz62
11-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Sorry, I had a 4 hour drive to take care of first. I must say this is clever, I hope you had a gay'ole time making it. But i would like to know how did we steal anything from the RC? Since when was it the RC's idea to cheer for their college team? I have never seen a student cheer for their team. Stealing their structure also, we must be really hurting on this since they had people who lead cheers before us. I've never heard of anyone cheerleading before. Maybe they have fires before games too, which especially in Wisconsin is unheard of. I've never sat on a tailgate by a fire before a game anywhere else. But I'm sure the RC came up with all these ideas out of nowhere.

Matthew Webb
11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Sorry, I had a 4 hour drive to take care of first. I must say this is clever, I hope you had a gay'ole time making it. But i would like to know how did we steal anything from the RC? Since when was it the RC's idea to cheer for their college team? I have never seen a student cheer for their team. Stealing their structure also, my we must be really hurting on this since they had people who lead cheers before us. I've never heard of anyone cheerleading before. Maybe they have fires before games too, which especially in Wisconsin is unheard of. I've never sat on a tailgate by a fire before a game anywhere else. But I'm sure the RC came up with all these ideas out of nowhere.

This...is true. You didn't steal anything from the RC unless they were the first to cheer for a team. As they weren't the first, and certainly won't be the last, you stole nothing.

PrezdeJohnson09
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
This...is true. You didn't steal anything from the RC unless they were the first to cheer for a team. As they weren't the first, and certainly won't be the last, you stole nothing.

I think the fairest way to settle this is one of two ways.

Either a pond hockey game between the Devil's Advocates and Rowdy Crowd played in Ron Fogarty's office or Chris Lerch's backyard.

or.

Mustache March showdown between Webb and BDR.

Fritz62
11-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Tried my best to internalize on this one Webb!

Matthew Webb
11-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Either a pond hockey game between the Devil's Advocates and Rowdy Crowd played in Ron Fogarty's office or Chris Lerch's backyard.

That depends. Are you talking Rowdy Crowd Hockey that us old guys are all part of or the current students that comprise the Rowdy Crowd cheering section? I think BDR played in high school which automatically gives them a leg up on our pond hockey team (three of us which didn't learn to skate until we were in college and got into DIII hockey, which is part of why the entire movie deal is going down)

If you're talking whatever might be able to be recruited out of the current cheering section it might be a different story, though. :)

And the game will obviously be played in Ron Fogarty's kitchen sink. Get it right.

Mustache March showdown between Webb and BDR.

Oh, I'd crush him. And beyond that...I'll put Caveman up against any one of them - or anyone on the planet for that matter - and it won't be close. There's a reason he's The Caveman...

Matthew Webb
11-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Tried my best to internalize on this one Webb!

Ha, my only point with that was to focus on what you have when you have it because reality can be a fickle and fleeting princess.

Not to say you can't have fun of course, but don't ever lose focus of what you have when the going is good as aside from a few exceptions...the good never lasts long.

Caveman-RC
11-29-2009, 07:47 AM
And the game will obviously be played in Ron Fogarty's kitchen sink. Get it right. Of course. It would play in our favor seeing how we are built to create chaos and thump opponents. If we played in his office, that large ice would cause us to give up 9 goals for ever one we scored.

Oh, I'd crush him. And beyond that...I'll put Caveman up against any one of them - or anyone on the planet for that matter - and it won't be close. There's a reason he's The Caveman...By March? I'd take on Grizzly Adams.

Caveman-RC
11-29-2009, 08:58 AM
But i would like to know how did we steal anything from the RC? Well, I guess you've never stolen anything from the RC, but other teams locker rooms? Now that's another story...

I've never sat on a tailgate by a fire before a game anywhere else.You've got us on that one. It's a cool idea. Of course no one else has a parking lot where you have to make sure you bring the tow straps.

Fritz62
11-29-2009, 10:31 AM
You've got us on that one. It's a cool idea. Of course no one else has a parking lot where you have to make sure you bring the tow straps.

It's part of the charm of the Dunn. Cow's in summer, hockey in winter, crappy racing most of the year. Oh how i loathe menomonie.

hockeyguy99
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
<div align="center"><MARQUEE><STRONG>******The Dunn County Sheriff has issued an Amber Alert for a group of children who go by the name of the Devil's Advocates.******</STRONG></MARQUEE></DIV>

The DA's disappeared sometime between overtime and the mini game of Saturday's NCHA Quarterfinal series versus UWSP. They were last seen exiting the arena on their own accord thinking that the game was over. This was the last that anyone has seen or heard from this group of individuals.

If you have any information about their whereabouts, please contact the Dunn County Sheriff's Dept.

StoutHockeyFan44
02-22-2010, 07:01 PM
<div align="center"><MARQUEE><STRONG>******The Dunn County Sheriff has issued an Amber Alert for a group of children who go by the name of the Devil's Advocates.******</STRONG></MARQUEE></DIV>

The DA's disappeared sometime between overtime and the mini game of Saturday's NCHA Quarterfinal series versus UWSP. They were last seen exiting the arena on their own accord thinking that the game was over. This was the last that anyone has seen or heard from this group of individuals.

If you have any information about their whereabouts, please contact the Dunn County Sheriff's Dept.

I would like to speak on behalf of many Devil's Advocates in saying the many of us didn't leave our seats for the mini game and we cheered and were there until the end.

We have not had the greatest season but many of us have been there for every game win or lose.

gojackets
02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
how do u make your text stream??

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Click "Quote" and you will see the code. :cool:

hockeyguy99
02-22-2010, 09:17 PM

<div align="center"><MARQUEE><STRONG>Like this</STRONG></MARQUEE></DIV>

BlueDevilRadio
02-22-2010, 10:45 PM
They were last seen exiting the arena on their own accord thinking that the game was over. .

You got it right there, they thought that was it over and began leaving. Those who were aware of the format/situation stayed around for the mini-game and cheered their hearts out.

They should have made an announcement regarding the mini-game but our PA announcer doubles as the zamboni driver and he left hastily after game 2 to cut the ice leaving some fans unaware of the mini-game.

hockeyguy99
02-22-2010, 10:53 PM
You got it right there, they thought that was it over and began leaving. Those who were aware of the format/situation stayed around for the mini-game and cheered their hearts out.

They should have made an announcement regarding the mini-game but our PA announcer doubles as the zamboni driver and he left hastily after game 2 to cut the ice leaving some fans unaware of the mini-game.

Since when would the "best fans in D-III hockey" need to be toldabout the mini-game?

Surely, the Rowdy Crowd would not make such a mistake.

The Heckler
02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
We might not be the best fans in the league but I know I am loyal to the team I was telling people to stay. All I have to say is I miss the days when more teams travled to games. Few years ago River came down with 50-75 plus students. St scholstica brought a bus once. I miss that, across all the schools the spirit is gone. Go ahead tell me it isn't true. I will be the first to say for Stout we use to pack it in the Dunn CO luckey if we full the bleachers....

BlueDevilRadio
02-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Surely, the Rowdy Crowd would not make such a mistake.

I wish I could tell you whether that's true or not, but the group formerly known as the Rowdy Crowd didn't bother to show. :rolleyes: