Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (12/4, 12/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (12/4, 12/5)

Back to the league schedule.

Cornell is at RPI for the White Out game on Friday.

On Saturday, Colgate is at RPI for the Teddy Bear Toss and the Skate with the Engineers. I think there will be hockey played too.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (12/4, 12/5)

Wow you beat me by a minute.
    Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Should be an exciting weekend. It seems that this year anything can happen in these league games. Tough loss to take for RPI tonight against Union after coming all the way back from a 3-0 deficit. A lot may depend on the injury situation.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Can't make it to the Field House? Never fear, RPI TV has your back! RPI TV will be covering both of next weekend's games. We'll be broadcasting on Campus Cable, B2 Networks, Ustream (free), and in select sports bars in the Troy area.

Ustream link (free):
        http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey

RPI vs Bentley on 11/27 is currently streaming on our website, and I'm going to try to get tonight's (11/28) game vs Union on our site as soon as possible.
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Just heard that D'Amigo is out 2 weeks with an MCL sprain (thanks JCrawford...)
          RPI Engineers
          1954, 1985 NCAA Champions

New Jersey Devils
          1995, 2000, 2003 Stanley Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RPIHFH View Post
            uh oh... but hey, we showed depth in the team this past weekend, and here's to carrying that depth through to the next games. This is of course not to say that we wouldn't "need" him, because he's a very integral part of the team. However, other players will definitely be stepping up to the challenge.

I'll once again be taking my place on these boards for the games, as it's a much easier drive to see this matchup out here in Central NY than it is in the Capital region.

Also, Burgdoerfer hasn't gotten thrown out of a game yet. Perhaps this needs to change...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Also, Burgdoerfer hasn't gotten thrown out of a game yet. Perhaps this needs to change...
              *facepalm*

Comment

Originally posted by RPIHFH View Post
                Thankfully the initial diagnosis is a sprain and not a tear. I am guessing though that 2 weeks is extrememly optimistic. There are all different degrees of MCL sprains and it would have to be an extremely minor one for JD to be at full skating strength in only 2 weeks. I would think he may be ready in time for the GLI. I hope he gets well soon-he will be sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I would think he may be ready in time for the GLI. I hope he gets well soon-he will be sorely missed.
                  I believe we are already missing Jerry for the GLI due to him being selected for Team USA in the WJC's. Hope he makes a quick recovery and is ready to go for league play at the beginning of January.

Edit: The official roster doesnt get released until December 23rd. I would think if Jerry is healthy enough he shouldnt have a problem making the team.
                  Last edited by redhead18; 11-29-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    I believe we are already missing Jerry for the GLI due to him being selected for Team USA in the WJC's. Hope he makes a quick recovery and is ready to go for league play at the beginning of January.

Edit: The official roster doesnt get released until December 23rd. I would think if Jerry is healthy enough he shouldnt have a problem making the team.
                    Thanks for the info-I was not aware he was selected for Team USA. With MCL sprains they have to carefully check the medial meniscus for slight tears and depending on the direction the knee twisted, the posterior cruciate ligament which can very easily be injured when the knee is bent inward from a hit to the lateral side. The combination of MCL, PCL and Medial Meniscus being injured is referred to as the terrible triad and well known to orthopods who treat football and hockey injuries of the knee.

Comment

Cornell fans: Be aware that the game against RPI is a prestige pricing game, meaning you will have to pay more than usual to attend. This does not apply for the Colgate game. I do not know if Union's policies have changed.

Comment

Cornell fans: Be aware that the game against RPI is a prestige pricing game, meaning you will have to pay more than usual to attend. This does not apply for the Colgate game. I do not know if Union's policies have changed.
                        I don't think they have. But good on RPI for figuring out they can get more $$$ by bilking Cornell, Clarkson, and Union fans! (and of course, RPI fans for the Freakout!)
                        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                          I don't think they have. But good on RPI for figuring out they can get more $$$ by bilking Cornell, Clarkson, and Union fans! (and of course, RPI fans for the Freakout!)
                          Not only that, but I think it may also be a guarantee that we won't play Clarkson, Union, or Cornell for the Freakout, because not only would it be a waste of a big game for a lot of people to show up, but it would also decrease revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post

I think that there is a good cahcne that a healthy D'Amigo will be chosen, but it isn't a sure thing. Remember that players a year older are also eligible.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not only that, but I think it may also be a guarantee that we won't play Clarkson, Union, or Cornell for the Freakout, because not only would it be a waste of a big game for a lot of people to show up, but it would also decrease revenue.
                              This seems to be a backhanded slap at 'Gate. WARNING: Don't take the 'Gate lightly this season. We were ranked #20 before our close loss to Cornell. This is a different team than many of you may have seen as the "weak sister traveling partner" last year....
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                              X