Manhattanvile Vs Elmira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhattanvile Vs Elmira

Should be a good weekend of hockey. I know M'ville played them tough last year. It is a pretty good rival (maybe more so on mens side) However, I am looking forward to the games. Any predictions?

Re: Manhattanvile Vs Elmira

Originally posted by valiantfan08 View Post
    Should be a good weekend of hockey. I know M'ville played them tough last year. It is a pretty good rival (maybe more so on mens side) However, I am looking forward to the games. Any predictions?
    These games could go either way. Not sure about the Valiants this campaign as they have such a large roster.

EC will be gunning for the wins however as they can't afford to lose many more.

Maybe it will be like the old addage ...which runs faster the wolf or the rabbit?

The rabbit.... as the wolf is only running for his dinner...the rabbit is running for his life.

Looks as though only the first game is wecast & second is via smoke signal. Is that right?

Comment

Both games on Govaliants.Tv (Its done really well) My only complaint is you watch the games through a mesh net! But they do in between interviews with coaches,different camera angles its done professionally.

Comment

Say What? I’ll bite. The combined over/under on attendance at both games is hereby set at 167. And that includes players, coaches, trainers and rink attendants.

Comment

EC and Manhattanville had a pretty healthy rivalry back when EC won their two national titles as they met in the first two NCAA championship games with EC pulling out both wins. The first game was a classic, but EC pretty much manhandled Manhattanville in the 2nd game, much like they did to every D3 team that year.

Manhattanville ended Middlebury's 100ish? D-III game winning streak the night before they met each other for the first time. Elmira ended up winning and the rivalry was born from there.

I think it has cooled off a little bit more recently as Plattsburgh, RIT, and even Middlebury have come on a bit stronger in the past few years. But, make no mistake, these two teams will have no love lost when they meet the ice this weekend for two crucial games for both sides.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            EC and Manhattanville had a pretty healthy rivalry back when EC won their two national titles as they met in the first two NCAA championship games with EC pulling out both wins. The first game was a classic, but EC pretty much manhandled Manhattanville in the 2nd game, much like they did to every D3 team that year.

Manhattanville ended Middlebury's 100ish? D-III game winning streak the night before they met each other for the first time. Elmira ended up winning and the rivalry was born from there.

I think it has cooled off a little bit more recently as Plattsburgh, RIT, and even Middlebury have come on a bit stronger in the past few years. But, make no mistake, these two teams will have no love lost when they meet the ice this weekend for two crucial games for both sides.
            Excellant history lesson Prez. I'd bet you have a few more...

Comment

Both games on Govaliants.Tv (Its done really well) My only complaint is you watch the games through a mesh net! But they do in between interviews with coaches,different camera angles its done professionally.
              If I go to govalianttv under schedules I only see the Saturday game listed? Sunday shows MH Vs Williams in men's hockey @ 3:00? Maybe I'm missing something? Advise?

Comment

Originally posted by Say What? View Post
                Say What? I’ll bite. The combined over/under on attendance at both games is hereby set at 167. And that includes players, coaches, trainers and rink attendants.
                take the over - manhattanvilles roster covers most of the attendance

Comment

Good job Mville...it was a great game!

Comment

my only complaint is 6.95
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      my only complaint is 6.95
                      Too high, or too low?
                      Mark it 8, Dude

Comment