Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Tuesday night scores ...

Curry 4 Tufts 3
    UMass-Dartmouth 5 Babson 3
    Assumption 6 St. Mike's 4
    Potsdam 4 Skidmore 1

A trend?
    Comments?
    You forgot UMB beating Framingham 8-3. But you're right, not a good night.

For NCAA purposes, the Assumption - St. Mike's score does not count. The rap against the East has been they have a lousy OOC record, hence a one-bod conference. The NESCAC, IIRC, has a slightly better record, but not one to write home to Mother about, either.

Having the Interlock go 1-3 againt current/former ECAC-NE schools either speaks wonders for the strength of the MASCAC/NE, or the Interlock is losing its luster. The sample size (Prof?) is a bit small. I think we'll need to wait to the start of the spring semester to make a valid conclusion.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Tough Nite For the Interlock

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You forgot UMB beating Framingham 8-3. But you're right, not a good night.

For NCAA purposes, the Assumption - St. Mike's score does not count. The rap against the East has been they have a lousy OOC record, hence a one-bod conference. The NESCAC, IIRC, has a slightly better record, but not one to write home to Mother about, either.

Having the Interlock go 1-3 againt current/former ECAC-NE schools either speaks wonders for the strength of the MASCAC/NE, or the Interlock is losing its luster. The sample size (Prof?) is a bit small. I think we'll need to wait to the start of the spring semester to make a valid conclusion.
      The sample size is small, and in addition the only real surprise out of those results was the Babson loss. A St. Mike's loss is never a surprise, and Tufts has always been a pretty weak program. Let's see how things play out over the weekend before we pass judgment on the interlock's out of conference record.

Note also that Hamilton beat Cortland last night.

As far as the effect on Pool C/Seeding prospects, you have to consider the two leagues together. The OOC records and schedule strength of the entire group is what determines the OWP and OOWP of the whole group of 20 teams.
      Last edited by NUProf; 11-25-2009, 05:56 AM.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The score that surprised me the most was Skidmore's.
        They score eight goals against NEC ... six more againt St. A's ... win both games ... and then get beat 4-1 by Potsdam?
        What the hey ....?

Comment

And the game was played on big ice
          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            The score that surprised me the most was Skidmore's.
            They score eight goals against NEC ... six more againt St. A's ... win both games ... and then get beat 4-1 by Potsdam?
            What the hey ....?
            I guess you have to show up to play on any given night; Potsdam did. The Skidmore PP was not very effective as the stats prove.

PP

Potsdam 1 / 4
            Skidmore 1 / 9
            NESCAC/ECAC-East Pick'em Champion 2009/2010

Comment

Originally posted by logger44444 View Post
              I guess you have to show up to play on any given night; Potsdam did. The Skidmore PP was not very effective as the stats prove.

PP

Potsdam 1 / 4
              Skidmore 1 / 9
              Did not see the game but heard from someone who did. Potsdam was the more skilled team according to that person. I looked at their roster -- more than 20 Canadians, and the entire team played juniors. That would make the average age of a freshman at least 20. Although Skidmore has several junior players, about 2/3 of the team last played in prep school.

Comment

Never seemed to bother Middlebury and of course if they went to prep after high school they could be 20 year old freshmen.
                Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Apparently some days are better than others...

Comment

Nichols 3
                    Skidmore 2 OT

hurts
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                    X