Nov 27th-28th UAA VS CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 27th-28th UAA VS CC

Ok while i'll be @ the Great Alaska Shootout, Our boys will be in Colorado Springs taking on a tiger team that has exceeded expectations so far.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: Nov 27th-28th UAA VS CC

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Ok while i'll be @ the Great Alaska Shootout, Our boys will be in Colorado Springs taking on a tiger team that has exceeded expectations so far.
    I wish the team and coaches could be home for Thanksgiving, but I guess many of them are Canadian and this isn't "their" Thanksgiving anyway.

All I want to see from my team is some consistency, and a win on a Friday night. That's not too much to ask for, and I think this is a great weekend to show they can do it.

Put Bryce in net, and stick with the game plan that was used on Saturday night, it was much more successful. I do hope we see Ken Selby soon, he is much better (IMO) than Bruijsten, who I don't think played very well this past weekend. Selby is definitely faster and has better hands, give him a chance.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      "All I want to see from my team is some consistency"
      Put Bryce in net, and stick with the game plan that was used on Saturday night, it was much more successful. I do hope we see Ken Selby soon, he is much better (IMO) than Bruijsten, who I don't think played very well this past weekend. Selby is definitely faster and has better hands, give him a chance.
      Nothing but agreement here...get the puck to slot and shoot and crash the net for rebounds...49 definitely...coach always says neither one has played well enought to be the number 1 but shouldn't you look at from the perspective of "who gives us the best chance to win?" That would only give you one choice. Selby has been a mystery all his span here. He is a little weak on the puck and with Shyiaks cycle system he probably doesnt fit the "mold" BUT he is fast and can cause problems for opposing D's with his speed...figure out how to exploit that and let him play out his career Dave...he deserves it, he's EARNED it.
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Bryce has much better numbers than Olthuis. I love Jonnie O, he's a good student, a great kid, & he's not conceited. But numbers don't lie, his are not up to D1 standards, and especially not the WCHA. I think most fans want to see Shyiak choose a number 1 goalie & stick with him.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thank you UAA fans for starting this thread.

Suze, appears those DU fans were pretty rough on you a couple weekends ago.

I will be able to be at both games and even though it is only Monday I ready for them now!! This is an exciting time to be a tiger fan!!

I have no doubt UAA will give it all they got this weekend. Should be a couple close games.

Go Tigers!!
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Bryce has much better numbers than Olthuis. I love Jonnie O, he's a good student, a great kid, & he's not conceited. But numbers don't lie, his are not up to D1 standards, and especially not the WCHA. I think most fans want to see Shyiak choose a number 1 goalie & stick with him.
            I would prefer Olthuis play both games this weekend.
            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Everything is pointing to a split. ranked team. Only thing that says not is our record in kitten county. I'll be happy with a split on the road and predict at least one OT game. 3-3 tie and 3-2 win.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=204839462

in the last 10 meetings, CC leads 8-2-0 ... the last UAA win on the road against the Tigers was on Dec. 8, 2006 (5-4 OT) ... In the last 10 outings, UAA and CC have went into overtime on four occasions, with CC winning three

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                Thank you UAA fans for starting this thread.

Suze, appears those DU fans were pretty rough on you a couple weekends ago.

I will be able to be at both games and even though it is only Monday I ready for them now!! This is an exciting time to be a tiger fan!!

I have no doubt UAA will give it all they got this weekend. Should be a couple close games.

Go Tigers!!
                Well, mostly ONE Denver fan. But one of their fans who doesn't wear red colored glasses actually defended me.

I really think this is the most critical weekend for the Wolves, if they can split down in the Springs, I think they can turn this season around. It should be a good measuring stick of where the team is at. I know they are going to win some road games this season, and this is as good a time as any to start.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                  I would prefer Olthuis play both games this weekend.
                  yeah you would.
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Are the Tigers all healthy? UAA has a few guys out with injuries, not sure if they are making the trip or not.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                      Nothing but agreement here...get the puck to slot and shoot and crash the net for rebounds...49 definitely...coach always says neither one has played well enought to be the number 1 but shouldn't you look at from the perspective of "who gives us the best chance to win?" That would only give you one choice. Selby has been a mystery all his span here. He is a little weak on the puck and with Shyiaks cycle system he probably doesnt fit the "mold" BUT he is fast and can cause problems for opposing D's with his speed...figure out how to exploit that and let him play out his career Dave...he deserves it, he's EARNED it.
                      I still remember the goal Selby scored two years against Minnesota (at the Sully). He broke into the UM zone, used their defenseman as a screen and got the goal to tie the game. It was a sniper shot, and I can only imagine what he might have developed into had he been given a chance. I sincerely hope we see him this weekend.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

All this talk about Selby is wasted breath and wishful thinking. He will never get the ice time any of you want. He is an enigma. Why I don't agree with Shyiak on a number of issues, there are reasons why Selby doesn't get to see the ice very often. What they are, we will never know.
                        GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

Are the Tigers all healthy? UAA has a few guys out with injuries, not sure if they are making the trip or not.
                          Nope, but I don't think it will matter too much. The only major injury I'm aware of is to Andreas Vlassopolous - he's out for the season and his career may be over. He's had knee problems for a long time, and he had surgery again this season. He was expected to be the team's top center, and was one of the few returning scorers. He only played 2 games.
                          Other than that, I think that a few guys missed playing time last week due to injury, but the biggest difference between this year's team and past CC teams is depth. The guys who are healthy scratches one night can come in and play on the top line and record 3 points the next night. Andrew Hamburg essentially did that - in his fourth career game he was the top line RW and had 1g 2a. Past CC teams have relied upon 1 or 2 lines of stars while the third and fourth lines just tried not to get scored on too much. This team is as balanced as any team I've ever seen. On Friday CC had two 5 on 5 goals - both came from the "4th" line.

To be honest, I'm never sure when someone is out of the lineup whether it's because they're injured or it's time for another guy to get some playing time. I'd say that there are fewer than a dozen guys who will absolutely never sit unless they're injured - the rest of the team will cycle in and out depending on how they've played and practiced recently. That makes injuries a lot less of a factor for this team than for past teams.

I think this is one of the most critical weekends of the season for CC. Obviously UAA has defeated some very good teams this season, and has had a bit of success in Colorado Springs within the past few years. Nonetheless, if CC wants to have a good chance at home ice for the playoffs they have to sweep teams like UAA at home. With the difficulty of CC's remaining schedule, they may continue to play well and yet be below 0.500 in the rest of their league games. An 8-1-1 start would give them enough of a buffer that they should be able to finish in the top 5, even if they hit a rough patch or two the rest of the way.

That's not to say I expect a sweep or think that UAA is incapable of winning one or even two games this weekend. They clearly could. But these are points that CC needs because as good as UAA is the games will get even tougher for the Tigers the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            Nope, but I don't think it will matter too much. The only major injury I'm aware of is to Andreas Vlassopolous - he's out for the season and his career may be over. He's had knee problems for a long time, and he had surgery again this season. He was expected to be the team's top center, and was one of the few returning scorers. He only played 2 games.
                            Other than that, I think that a few guys missed playing time last week due to injury, but the biggest difference between this year's team and past CC teams is depth. The guys who are healthy scratches one night can come in and play on the top line and record 3 points the next night. Andrew Hamburg essentially did that - in his fourth career game he was the top line RW and had 1g 2a. Past CC teams have relied upon 1 or 2 lines of stars while the third and fourth lines just tried not to get scored on too much. This team is as balanced as any team I've ever seen. On Friday CC had two 5 on 5 goals - both came from the "4th" line.

To be honest, I'm never sure when someone is out of the lineup whether it's because they're injured or it's time for another guy to get some playing time. I'd say that there are fewer than a dozen guys who will absolutely never sit unless they're injured - the rest of the team will cycle in and out depending on how they've played and practiced recently. That makes injuries a lot less of a factor for this team than for past teams.

I think this is one of the most critical weekends of the season for CC. Obviously UAA has defeated some very good teams this season, and has had a bit of success in Colorado Springs within the past few years. Nonetheless, if CC wants to have a good chance at home ice for the playoffs they have to sweep teams like UAA at home. With the difficulty of CC's remaining schedule, they may continue to play well and yet be below 0.500 in the rest of their league games. An 8-1-1 start would give them enough of a buffer that they should be able to finish in the top 5, even if they hit a rough patch or two the rest of the way.

That's not to say I expect a sweep or think that UAA is incapable of winning one or even two games this weekend. They clearly could. But these are points that CC needs because as good as UAA is the games will get even tougher for the Tigers the rest of the season.
                            Wow, must be nice to have such depth on a team! UAA has beat UND and DU, but that was on their home ice, they have yet to win on the road. For that reason, this series is one of the most important yet for them.

It's nice to have a rational discussion from fans who have a winning team, and fans who at the same time don't disprespect UAA. Nicely done.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by dude View Post
                              All this talk about Selby is wasted breath and wishful thinking. He will never get the ice time any of you want. He is an enigma. Why I don't agree with Shyiak on a number of issues, there are reasons why Selby doesn't get to see the ice very often. What they are, we will never know.
                              The proof is in the puddin' and I believe you are correct sir.
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Working...
                              X