Cardinals Come From Behind to Upset Elmira in 4-3 OT Thriller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals Come From Behind to Upset Elmira in 4-3 OT Thriller

This was quite a game! Although Elmira forced Plattsburgh to play catch-up for most of the game, it was nice to see the girls pull away with the win in the end. Both teams played incredible hockey this weekend; it was a real treat to catch these two rivals in action.

For more details, be sure to check out my recap available at
    http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...t-thrille.html

Re: Cardinals Come From Behind to Upset Elmira in 4-3 OT Thriller

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
    This was quite a game! Although Elmira forced Plattsburgh to play catch-up for most of the game, it was nice to see the girls pull away with the win in the end. Both teams played incredible hockey this weekend; it was a real treat to catch these two rivals in action.

For more details, be sure to check out my recap available at
    http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...t-thrille.html
    I know your promoting your self here--your website, but there are already threads in here dedicated to the game. Hopefully you don't start polluting the women's thread with your self promotion the way you have the D3 men's thread.

Thanks,
    Gojackets
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Good job Rob! Pay no attention to these naysayers...yours is just another perspective. And a welcome one at that. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        I know your promoting your self here--your website, but there are already threads in here dedicated to the game.

Thanks,
        Gojackets
        Agree!
        Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Thanks!! On the whole, the readers have been great and most of the community seems to appreciate it. I write simply for the love of it, and to have the support of folks like you truly brings a smile to my face.

For the naysayers...I won't repeat what I said, but check out http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...27#post4480227 if you're interested in why I post my recaps and try to encourage game-specific threads. And if you're not interested, that's ok too.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
            Good job Rob! Pay no attention to these naysayers...yours is just another perspective. And a welcome one at that. Well done.
            Seymore,

I've got $10 says you'd be singing a completely different tune if A. Your daughter went to a school other than Plattsburgh or B. TacoRob was an Elmira fan.

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Seymore,

I've got $10 says you'd be singing a completely different tune if A. Your daughter went to a school other than Plattsburgh or B. TacoRob was an Elmira fan.

Not only that but I was under the impression you couldn't self promote on these boards?

Guess I was wrong so...I have some chickens for sale if anybody's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                ...I have some chickens for sale if anybody's interested.
                If they lay purple and gold eggs, then you've got a buyer in our beloved Prez...

Comment

If they lay purple and gold eggs, then you've got a buyer in our beloved Prez...
                  LOL

Comment

Sign me up for two dozen. I've gotta cook Thanksgiving breakfast for the fam.

Aren't we supposed to be friends now that Allison and Ainsley are playing on the same team?

Nah....It's much more fun ragging on your rose and white coloured glasses

I even included the "u" in COLOR so i'd appease your canadian grammar.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

AHA, caught the Prez betting on another forum. You still owe me a hotdog. Can't wait to start another Platty Norwich brewhah. It's about time Norwich caught up. Prez any bets?

Comment

[QUOTE=gojackets;4480106]I know your promoting your self here--your website, but there are already threads in here dedicated to the game. Hopefully you don't start polluting the women's thread with your self promotion the way you have the D3 men's thread.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Seymore,

This is BS Prez, Polarbear, Gojackets! I may not agree with everything Taco says, but I defend his right to say it! God knows, I was sick and tired of the "Adrian Chronicles" last year, so I just chose to not read them. Why don't you guys do the same and stop the attacks!

Taco: Just post your whole article here rather than giving them a link. Then, they can't use the self promotion argument [However, I don't see anything wrong with putting a link to your journal article . Prez links to his Women's D 3 articles, and Bill R links to his Cardinal site on this forum].
                        Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak
                        Cardinal Men- 3-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games

Comment

Originally posted by Schwanman View Post
                          AHA, caught the Prez betting on another forum. You still owe me a hotdog. Can't wait to start another Platty Norwich brewhah. It's about time Norwich caught up. Prez any bets?
                          Zweigler's or Hoffman's?

It'll be a good game. Plattsburgh's got some momentum and confidence beating Elmira twice including coming from behind in game two. Norwich is obviously looking to continue to drive home the point that they belong in the nation's elite.

I'll bet that Seymore will accuse me of Plattsburgh hatred whether I pick Plattsburgh to lose or win a close one.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

[QUOTE=aerogroup2;4480409]
                            Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            I know your promoting your self here--your website, but there are already threads in here dedicated to the game. Hopefully you don't start polluting the women's thread with your self promotion the way you have the D3 men's thread.

This is BS Prez, Polarbear, Gojackets! I may not agree with everything Taco says, but I defend his right to say it! God knows, I was sick and tired of the "Adrian Chronicles" last year, so I just chose to not read them. Why don't you guys do the same and stop the attacks!

Taco: Just post your whole article here rather than giving them a link. Then, they can't use the self promotion argument [However, I don't see anything wrong with putting a link to your journal article . Prez links to his Women's D 3 articles, and Bill R links to his Cardinal site on this forum].
                            I agree with his right to say what he wants. I just disagree with his methods

and I was just ragging on Seymore, Cuz that's what He and I do on this forum.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

As an impartial observer of ECAC D3 (lots of ex-teammates of both of my D play in this league at places like Platty, Elmira, Neumann, Oswego, Potsdam etc) like it when people post links to articles. It is a nice way to keep track of players from our neck of the woods.

Comment

Working...
                              X