Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take Off to the Great White North--NMU @ Alaska-_airbanks 11/27-28

Originally posted by birdman View Post
    I don't know what the nook fans in Fairbanks are thinking about this years version. I think alot felt that the nooks should of sewpt either BG or LSSU but came away with splits, losing both Friday contest and coming back literally(LSSU) on Saturday to win. I would think both games will be low scoring physical games and that it could all come down to either goaltender getting hot. Good luck nooks.
    I thought Friday's LSSU vs. UA game would be defensive and low-scoring and then a shootout happened. I now have no idea what to expect this weekend except me being tired on Monday.
    Embrace the hate.

Comment

I don't know what the nook fans in Fairbanks are thinking about this years version. I think alot felt that the nooks should of sewpt either BG or LSSU but came away with splits, losing both Friday contest and coming back literally(LSSU) on Saturday to win. I would think both games will be low scoring physical games and that it could all come down to either goaltender getting hot. Good luck nooks.
      Northern is coming off an 11 goal weekend. 10 of those goals came in the 2nd and 3rd periods combined. Not sure what to expect from the offense, but keep an eye on Hanson and Smith. Both of them seem to be getting the puck rolling, and something tells me that Brown isnt far behind and will be finding the net some more.
      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
      2006-2007: 15-24-2
      2007-2008: 20-20-4
      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Billy Smith is likely out until at least the Minnesota trip. He had his knee scoped today.
        Last edited by davyd83; 11-24-2009, 08:01 PM.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Billy Smith is likely out until at least the Minnesota trip. He had his knew scoped today.
          He was having a great season so far. Hopefully this shows some of our depth and we can find someone with that upbeat tempo to get the momentum going.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Billy Smith is likely out until at least the Minnesota trip. He had his knew scoped today.
            You mean his knee? Too bad he couldn't make the trip back home, I bet his family would have come to _airbanks to see him play. He must be a senior this year, no?
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well, we definitely laid an egg against BGSU. No excusing that one. LSSU, I think, is a little bit better than they get credit for. Throw in the fact that Taffy Abel Arena is a black hole for Nanook hockey and I can live with that split.

What concerns me about this weekend is that our trademark defense has been pretty shaky the last couple of weeks, and NMU is coming up here having lit the lamp 11 times against UNO, who aren't any slouches themselves. Hopefully being back home will make a positive difference for the 'Nooks.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Let's hope the players keep their Thanksgiving eating under control! I have vague memories of a post-holiday game a few years ago when the guys looked pretty sluggish.

Maybe if we're lucky, the fact that we have so many Canadians will work to our advantage!

Comment

Wow this thread sucks more than a Northern girl on a friday night.

I expected some response to my previous post, but it seems like all you guys want to talk about is hockey.

Northern winning could help our pairwise, but I hate to see them win, so lets go Nookies or whatever the he** you guys are called.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                  Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
                    Wow this thread sucks more than a Northern girl on a friday night.

I expected some response to my previous post, but it seems like all you guys want to talk about is hockey.

Northern winning could help our pairwise, but I hate to see them win, so lets go Nookies or whatever the he** you guys are called.
                    Pretty standard Northern thread... our fanbase on here has really thinned out over the past years. And I've seen that exploding polar bear video so many times it's not more than a passing "that's pretty cool" anymore. Though, if you want things to get mildly entertaining, then let's bring in Billy and bwk. I'm gonna be off boards for a few days, so I won't have to see it.

And weren't you the one that gave me the google link telling me "whatever the he** you guys are called"?
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

We'll be tweeting our way to Alaska and back, pictures, etc from the Really Frozen Tundra at

www.twitter.com/daveonthepoint

It got as low as -37 up there last week. Mild forecast for this weekend high of 8 low of -5...currently -1...tropical for Fairbanks, didn't get above -7 last time I was there!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Travel safe and smart!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

We'll be tweeting our way to Alaska and back, pictures, etc from the Really Frozen Tundra at

www.twitter.com/daveonthepoint

It got as low as -37 up there last week. Mild forecast for this weekend high of 8 low of -5...currently -1...tropical for Fairbanks, didn't get above -7 last time I was there!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Travel safe and smart!
                        I believe it was John Thompson that coined the phrase "Fairbanks, Alaska: Just like Ishpeming, MI, only 40*F colder."
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                          Pretty standard Northern thread... our fanbase on here has really thinned out over the past years. And I've seen that exploding polar bear video so many times it's not more than a passing "that's pretty cool" anymore. Though, if you want things to get mildly entertaining, then let's bring in Billy and bwk. I'm gonna be off boards for a few days, so I won't have to see it.

And weren't you the one that gave me the google link telling me "whatever the he** you guys are called"?
                          No wonder you always end up posting in the Tech threads.

Yes it was me who googled that for you, and I wasn't questioning the meaning of the word just the spelling.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                          Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Pick to Click!

Sorry it's a bit late... busy week
                            sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                            streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                            TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                              Pick to Click!

Sorry it's a bit late... busy week
                              It's okay, I'm two weeks behind on the PtC point totals.

As for "what the hell a nanook is," I've been told that it's a [heavy Canadian accent] Polar Bear [/Curtis Fraser]
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                                And, will we ever find out what a Nanook is??
                                Oh you'll find out this weekend when the largest land predator stomps then eats the little kitties.

Comment

Working...
                                X