Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ Denver--November 27th and 28th

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    This is a classic "trap weekend" for DU. If DU is feeling too cocky after sweeping UND or looking past St. Cloud for CC we'll lose a game or two against the Huskies.

The problem with this DU team is that we've trailed in every game this season except for four games where Chevy has shutout the opponents. Then even if we win its only by a goal.

DU needs to start burying teams, but its not very easy in the WCHA. The TV timeouts this season have enabled teams with less depth to roll two lines all night long and keep games close and competitive.

DU has also struggled 5 on 5 and not had very much success with the top line combos.
    Well SCSU can't score even strength so if DU stays out of the box the win is theirs.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      Denver's logo is ridiculous. Bring back the Pioneer guy, or was that hostile and abusive?
      He is hostile and abusive. Being half Mexican, he represents the two worst words in the English language: Manifest Destiny!

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      I think is SCSU is certainly capable of being sucessful here, but I like Denver to win a couple of one goal games this weekend.
      I get the sentiment, and I think SCSU is capable of a split (last time I said I'd be happy with one, we got a win Saturday in Grand Forks, so I'll simply ask for a split again) I think DU's win should be a solid one, and hopefully St. Cloud, maybe via a goalie (like this past Friday) will steal the other.

I'd love to hate DU... but they're like half of my fantasy team, so eh. I hope we steal some points, but if Marvin's gonna hurt anyone, may it only be Maiani, Colborne or the Ostrows.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Well SCSU can't score even strength so if DU stays out of the box the win is theirs.
        Right again, we're agreeing a lot these days. Saturday night was the worst PP I've seen of ours in I honestly can't remember how long.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Well, maybe this weekend will be Chevy's turn to have a clunker. It might as well happen now so he can get it out of his system. I'll be watching the game on Friday and listening on Saturday while I watch the goofers lose to michigan State. Any truth to the rumor that Don Lou Chia is leaving the gophers to coach football at Notre Dame?
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Chevy has had the greatest statistical start of any goalie in DU history, with an unreal saves percentage of .961, a GAA of 1.19 and a record of 6-0-0 in the games he's played, all of which are number #1 in the country among college goaltenders. If he plays this hot for the rest of the year, it would certainly be a national record setting performance for a goalie, and DU will win the national title, as long as they average 2-3 goals per game on offense.

That said, I can't see any goalie remaining that hot, not even Chevy. It's a long season, and he'll likely have a few clunker games from time to time. The question is when will those happen....

SCSU has historically performed Llama-esque splits in Denver in the last two series they've played at Magness. It would be easy to predict that result this time, especially as Denver is coming off an emotional series vs UND. However, Denver now has the distractions of final exams over with with and can concentrate on nothing but hockey until the New Year, and key players are starting to heal up. They are starting to get some chemistry now, and barring injuries, I can see them wanting to put some proverbial hay in the barn while it's still hot. DG is right - the Pios can't fall into a trap weekend.

I think is SCSU is certainly capable of being sucessful here, but I like Denver to win a couple of one goal games this weekend.
            Frankly, from what I've seen of Chevy (saw the Mankato game where he got hurt, part of last week's Fri UND game, obviously the MN games), a "clunker" would be giving up 2 goals on 20 shots, 3 goals on 30 shots. I'm thinking around the .900 SV% range or so, in other words.

That being said, I can't see SCSU being the team to give him that clunker, especially on the road. Too inconsistent, not enough talent. No, this isn't the MN fan in me talking. This is the hockey fan talking. Just for the record.

I'd say DU sweeps, maybe in the area of a 3-1 Fri, 4-1 Sat. And to go out on a limb, the score won't indicate how close the game(s) probably will be.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Frankly, from what I've seen of Chevy (saw the Mankato game where he got hurt, part of last week's Fri UND game, obviously the MN games), a "clunker" would be giving up 2 goals on 20 shots, 3 goals on 30 shots. I'm thinking around the .900 SV% range or so, in other words.

That being said, I can't see SCSU being the team to give him that clunker, especially on the road. Too inconsistent, not enough talent. No, this isn't the MN fan in me talking. This is the hockey fan talking. Just for the record.

I'd say DU sweeps, maybe in the area of a 3-1 Fri, 4-1 Sat. And to go out on a limb, the score won't indicate how close the game(s) probably will be.
              Think a sweep is possible, but its not because St. Cloud doesn't have the talent to hang with these guys. They're just so inconsistent week in and week out. Remember, SCSU won 3 out of 4 against DU last year, lost very little with an outgoing class and then had Weslosky transfer, and brought in a very talented freshman class. SCSU may get swept, but if they do it'll have less to do with talent than effort and finishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                Denver's logo is ridiculous.
                Know what that logo looks like? Weirdcrotch.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Think a sweep is possible, but its not because St. Cloud doesn't have the talent to hang with these guys. They're just so inconsistent week in and week out. Remember, SCSU won 3 out of 4 against DU last year, lost very little with an outgoing class and then had Weslosky transfer, and brought in a very talented freshman class. SCSU may get swept, but if they do it'll have less to do with talent than effort and finishing.
                  exactly.....SCSU has the talent to play with anybody in the country, but they shoot themselves in the foot by not doing the little things or not even showing up. They have competed better this year for the most part compared to last year and In most cases they come to play against the good teams. I would expect a good effort both nights this weekend and two close games.

I didn't think the Huskies played bad last weekend and only made a few mistakes. I didn't like Motzko's conservative approach because I thought it played into the Badgers hand, but I was impressed they could clamp it down as much as they did.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Now that is good humor........

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Due to last week's rivalry game, DU needs to remember this is the WCHA, not a cupcake game.
                      SCSU won 3 0f 4 last year and should not be underestimated. Any team with Lasch, Roe and Raboin cannot be overlooked.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Hint to DU: Tell your best players to put STOP signs on the back of their jerseys for Marvin.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          Now that you mention it... it does look like a horrible attempt at a design of a woman's crotch. Hmmm... she must've gone to Mankato for a few years.

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          Hint to DU: Tell your best players to put STOP signs on the back of their jerseys for Marvin.
                          They're not signs, they're patches, though that's not a bad idea....

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            They're not signs, they're patches, though that's not a bad idea....
                            Patches... We don't need no stink'n patches.....

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              DU will just have a big Yellow "Ryder" truck hit him.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Any St. Cloud players not making the trip out here?

Comment

Working...
                                X