Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 College Hockey Showcase (Minn, Wis, Mich. MSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 College Hockey Showcase (Minn, Wis, Mich. MSU)

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    God and I thought only the Minnesota sky was falling. That said, I expect two good games out of the Gophs. What that means, I'm not sure exactly. Maybe not scoring on ourselves would be a good starting point.
    Let me guess. Gophs score two in the first, watch the Michigan team come back to tie it and score one on themselves to give the Michigan teams 3-2 wins. Lots of chances, just not much finishing.

They need a couple wins where they keep scoring after a good start or come from behind and can start to gain a little confidence, cause it's lacking right now.

Comment

A little of topic here, but does anybody know if Damons sports bar in Ann Arbor has the NHL Center Package? Or another bar that would have it. Thanks

Comment

I suspect thast the WI-MSU game on Friday will be as good as anything to date in this young season.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
          I expect nothing short of...... two losses.

The last Michigan home win I saw was against Niagara. I won't be at the games this weekend, so maybe they'll stand a better chance.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
            I suspect thast the WI-MSU game on Friday will be as good as anything to date in this young season.
            UND/DU was a pretty good series featuring two highly ranked teams.
            Also, UND/Miami on Saturday should be really good as well.
            Should be a great weekend for college hockey matchups.
            Not sure what to expect out of the Showcase this year.

MSU and WI look up.
            UMN and UM look down.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

This weekend needs more acronyms.

CHS
              BTHC
              DOTA

I feel like we can come up with four or five more.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

The last Michigan home win I saw was against Niagara. I won't be at the games this weekend, so maybe they'll stand a better chance.
                Going home for some seafood stuffing?

Join the club, none of us have seen a win at home since Niagara. I suspect that the Minnesota game will be competitive, in that neither team is as bad as what their record is. Who knows, it may be a comedy of turnovers, though. I suspect the crowd will be pretty dead, unless there is a huge visitor pilgrimage. Wisconsin seems to be on a bit of a roll, but even in their best years, the games were pretty tight. Still, fans may want their doses of Five Hour Energy to stay awake.

Comment

Do I remember correctly that we will not see the MN MSU game on FSN?

And Isn't the MN MI game on though?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    and.....here's one weekend where I will root for the gophs as well, cause you know what? WCHA>CCHA and they have the hardware to prove it
                    Unfortunately, I have to disagree with a fellow Badger on this one. The only thing I dislike more then the rodents is anything from IL, so the only time I would root for the rodents if they were playing a team from IL. That isn't happening any time soon, so DOWN WITH THE RODENTS!!!!!!!!
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So it looks like neither UW game will be on TV. Thank you Big Ten Network for your suckitude. Instead we get to watch Big Ten basketball teams play St. Mary's of the blind.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                        So it looks like neither UW game will be on TV. Thank you Big Ten Network for your suckitude. Instead we get to watch Big Ten basketball teams play St. Mary's of the blind.
                        Give the BTN a little credit, they have Northwestern vs. College of Charleston (women) on Friday, and St. Frances vs tOSU on Sat. Woo Hoo, I'm sure to watch that.
                        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

I guess we can pay $2.99 to watch MSU vs UW on the web. Meh. I think I'll just follow the Badger Blog.
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Unfortunately, I have to disagree with a fellow Badger on this one. The only thing I dislike more then the rodents is anything from IL, so the only time I would root for the rodents if they were playing a team from IL. That isn't happening any time soon, so DOWN WITH THE RODENTS!!!!!!!!
                            99.9% we're one in the same...not this time. This is the ONLY time I pull for Rodentia. Root for the evil empire east of Lake Michigan? NEVER.

Good thing I didn't make a bet that the BTN would have this series on. What says Big (11)Ten more than WI, MN, MSU, & MI hockey? I guess girls floor hockey and tiddly winks.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              99.9% we're one in the same...not this time. This is the ONLY time I pull for Rodentia. Root for the evil empire east of Lake Michigan? NEVER.

Good thing I didn't make a bet that the BTN would have this series on. What says Big (11)Ten more than WI, MN, MSU, & MI hockey? I guess girls floor hockey and tiddly winks.
                              They're keeping the timeslots open just in case there's a basketball press conference.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                                I guess we can pay $2.99 to watch MSU vs UW on the web. Meh. I think I'll just follow the Badger Blog.
                                What a joke!!! So frustrating, why do they advertise college hockey on there network if they don't show any of it... what i don't get is why not at least show them tape delay, even if they want to put on vagina basketball instead, they reply crap all the time on the Big Ten network so you could at least put the hockey games on at 1AM or something instead of watching brutal Big Ten announcers talk about football
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X