Realignment coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realignment coming?

Rumor has it the commissioners of ECAC Hockey, Atlantic Hockey, and Hockey East have a press conference scheduled for Tuesday to make a "major announcement". Anyone heard anything more about this?

Powers &8^]

Re: Realignment coming?

Nope, you're the first. Big ups.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I just made a post about it on my live blog of the BU-UNH game. My guess is the same as yours.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

It would be odd to hold a press conference with a major announcement on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Generally in PR, this is the time when you announce things that you don't want people to talk about since it'll get forgotten over the holiday weekend, and come Monday some other story will be the big one in the news and your story will be back-paged. But who knows.
        time to write new history

Comment

They are kicking {PROVICED out?
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            It would be odd to hold a press conference with a major announcement on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Generally in PR, this is the time when you announce things that you don't want people to talk about since it'll get forgotten over the holiday weekend, and come Monday some other story will be the big one in the news and your story will be back-paged. But who knows.
            please do not try to interject logic into the boards....

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              Yeah. If there's any truth to this it's probably closer to something along the lines of a new Eastern Commissioner's Cup or something along those lines.

Comment

beating the big 10 conference to the punch and creating a 32 team league rife with mediocrity

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Yeah. If there's any truth to this it's probably closer to something along the lines of a new Eastern Commissioner's Cup or something along those lines.
                  I'm going to guess something scarier like the shared officiating duties throughout the 3 leagues.
                  National Champions 2014!
                  Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                  Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                  Let's Go U!!!

Comment

I'm here in the Michigan press box for their game tonight against Bowling Green and there's a Hockey Commissioners Association press release that states the following:

HOCKEY COMMISSIONERS TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE ON TUESDAY, NOV. 24

BOSTON--The Hockey Commissioners Association will make a major announcement on Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 5:15 p.m. prior to the Boston U at Harvard men's hockey game on the campus of Harvard University. The press conference will be held in the Murr Center (athletic department) conference room, located at 65 North Harvard St. in Boston (adjacent to Harvard Stadium).

Joe Bertagna from Hockey East, Bob DeGregorio from the Atlantic Hockey Association, and Steve Hagwell from ECAC Hockey will be in attendance for the announcement.
                    Michigan Hockey Net
                    Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                      I'm going to guess something scarier like the shared officiating duties throughout the 3 leagues.
                      that would make some sense... this way you get some "buddy buddy" stuff out of the system. It would certainly eliminate the whole "ref plays up to so and so".

I don't think you'd ever see a "major realignment"... first of all such decisions usually need to be unanimous voting and stuff like that... further those things usually happen in the off-season and if there was any disagreement amongst the groups there would be a fair amount of ink in the press. Further all that kind of stuff is fantasies for the bored.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Further all that kind of stuff is fantasies for the bored.
                        Yes, this.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          They are kicking {PROVICED out?
                          Only if they're bringing in Hah-vahd.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            that would make some sense... this way you get some "buddy buddy" stuff out of the system. It would certainly eliminate the whole "ref plays up to so and so".

I don't think you'd ever see a "major realignment"... first of all such decisions usually need to be unanimous voting and stuff like that... further those things usually happen in the off-season and if there was any disagreement amongst the groups there would be a fair amount of ink in the press. Further all that kind of stuff is fantasies for the bored.
                            This might be more logical, but to call that a "major" announcement would be remarkably stupid on a PR level. You don't call a press conference to say something that has little interest among the public who care about the sport. That's the kinda thing you put in a press release and it becomes a "back page" story on college hockey websites. Honestly, unless the leagues have complete hacks working their PR, you don't call a press conference with 3 commissioners present unless there's a LEGITIMATELY MAJOR piece of news - i.e. a conference realignment, maybe a scheduling agreement (although they all already play each other so that wouldn't make much difference) or something that would change the shape of the conference. Basically, the kind of thing that would immediately be plastered on the front page of every college hockey website in a big bold heading.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Only if they're bringing in Hah-vahd.
                              No chance, Ivys will never split up.

Comment

Working...
                              X