Plattsburgh vs Buffalo State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh vs Buffalo State

Any thoughts for the game tonight? I would think that if Emery is still undecided as to who the strongest goaltender is, we'll likely see Leis in net. Otherwise, I would be extremely nervous if we see Williams playing a safe game against Buffalo and then subject Leis to target practice against Fredonia. If his performance against Oswego was any indication, that would almost certainly result in a Cardinal loss.

Re: Plattsburgh vs Buffalo State

Plattsburgh should easily handle a Bengals team loaded with 10 freshman - none of which might be considered a blue-chip prospect. Once you get past the Petriello line, there's little to fear in terms of scoring. It's a team of muckers and grinders - they will work hard, but it's usually not enough. Outside of Tyler Soehner, the blue line is untested. Leading scorer and heart of last year's team - Jason Hill - has graduated. Much of the promising future has left the team - driven away by a mercurial coach with dubious bench ability . Those choosing not to return include Park, Phanuef, Barchan, Adair, and LaCasse. Also gone is last year's goaltender Zach Grasley, leaving 2nd year goalie Alan Fritch as the only option, so far. While he has shown some ability to steal points, his numbers are pedestrian. Any chance the Bengals may have rest on Fritch's shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
      Any thoughts for the game tonight? I would think that if Emery is still undecided as to who the strongest goaltender is, we'll likely see Leis in net. Otherwise, I would be extremely nervous if we see Williams playing a safe game against Buffalo and then subject Leis to target practice against Fredonia. If his performance against Oswego was any indication, that would almost certainly result in a Cardinal loss.
      Well we know where your thoughts lie on the goaltending dilema...

Take a listen to Behind the Bench as to where Coach Emery's thoughts are on the situation and "your take".
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Oh yeah...I heard about that lol

Tonight was a pretty solid game for the Cards; that's for sure. Check out http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...-iii-mens.html

Comment

Working...
        X