UML Recruiting 2010 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Recruiting 2010 and beyond

Was asked to start up a new thread to keep this separate, so I shall.

Stats for UML recruits through last night ...
    Code:
    Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  G  A  PTS  PIM
    Tyler Brickler      LW   Westside Warriors (BCHL)   5'11  175  01/27/91  0  0  0    0    0
    Julian Melchiori    LD   Newmarket Hurricanes (CCHL) 6'1  180  12/06/91 18  6 11   17   10
    Joe Pendanza        LW   Boston Jr. Bruins (EJHL)   5'10  180  11/22/90 19  8 12   20    6
    Will Rayner         RD   Lincoln Stars (USHL))       6'1  190  01/19/90  5  0  0    0    6
    Chad Ruhwedel       RD   Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)5'11  170  05/07/90 14  2  5    7    2
    Shayne Thompson     LW   Brockville Braves (CJHL)   5'11  195  06/13/89 27 16 25   41   32

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  W  L  T  %       GAA
    Marc Boulanger       G   Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)       5'11  165  03/27/90 15  5  7  3 89.7%   3.00
    T.J. Massie          G   Boston Jr Bruins (EJHL)    5'11  165  05/03/90 13  4  5  2 91.2%   3.14

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  G  A  PTS  PIM
    William Eiserman    LD   NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)     5'11  187  07/21/92 12  0  6    6    6
    Colton Saucerman    RD   Des Moines Bucaneers (USHL) 5'9  170  05/05/92 16  0  0    0   36
    Terrence Wallin     RW   The Gunnery                5'10  166  04/06/92  0  0  0    0    0

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  W  L  T  %       GAA
    Chris Eiserman       G   NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)      6'3  210  07/28/93 12 10  1  0 92.3%   2.30
    *Pendanza's 6 PPG are tied for second in the EJHL.
    *Thompson's 41 points have moved him to a tie for 7th in CJHL scoring.
    *Melchiori's 17 points have him tied for eighth amongst all defensemen in the CCHL. He missed four games playing for Team Canada East in the World Junior A Challenge.
    *C. Eiserman is currently fourth in the EJHL in GAA and fourth in save %.
    *TJ Massie is currently tenth in the EJHL in GAA and seventh in save %.
    *Brickler was traded to the Westside Warriors on November 18th. While with Sioux City, his numbers were 0-3-3 in just 5 games played.
    *Wallin's Gunnery season starts on December 5th.
    *Rayner was placed on the 45 day IR in mid-October.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML Recruiting 2010 and beyond

Thanks Monty. You must be smiling today with the Wallin news.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Thanks Monty. You must be smiling today with the Wallin news.
      I am indeed. I've been hoping we'd get him for a bit, but I knew there was some tough competition for him as well. The hope for all of us that support UML is that this isn't a one year wonder, and I think with the recruits we've got coming in, you've got to feel good about this program.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I am indeed. I've been hoping we'd get him for a bit, but I knew there was some tough competition for him as well. The hope for all of us that support UML is that this isn't a one year wonder, and I think with the recruits we've got coming in, you've got to feel good about this program.
        It does seem like the success we currently have is allowing a bit of snowballing to help for future seasons.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Absolutely. I've never been huge into the recruiting thing, but the more attention I pay the more excited I get for the future.

Eiserman (G) seems like an incredible pick up. I'm feeling like if he hadn't made a decision so early, two years from now his phone would be ringing off the hook.

And of course, the best part: Not yours, Amherst. Can't haz
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Also, for the record, I didn't want a UML Recruiting thread because I felt it was clogging up the main thread. I think the kind of players we're bringing in right now and how much interest has grown in the recruits dictates the need for this thread.

Which I think rules.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

What about Nick Curry out of the NAHL. he is not on your list. he played for Springfield.
              Last edited by bigeasy29; 11-20-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Eiserman (G) seems like an incredible pick up. I'm feeling like if he hadn't made a decision so early, two years from now his phone would be ringing off the hook.

And of course, the best part: Not yours, Amherst. Can't haz
                Eiserman's phone would have been ringing off the hook by the end of this season, and schools would have started going heavily after him about the same time (if not during this season as well). Two years from now (2011), a highly regarded kid like this would have made his commitment already, because of that. I'm psyched that he and his brother both commited to Lowell.
                Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
                What about Nick Curry out of the NAHL. he is not on your list. he played for Springfield.
                Crap, nice catch. Fixed.

Stats for UML recruits through Thursday night (except for Curry, who's stats are through last night) ...
                Code:
                Tyler Brickler      LW   Westside Warriors (BCHL)   5'11  175  01/27/91  0  0  0    0    0
                Nick Curry          RW   Springfield Jr Blues (NAHL) 6'0  185  11/02/89 23 10 21   31   20
                Julian Melchiori    LD   Newmarket Hurricanes (CCHL) 6'1  180  12/06/91 18  6 11   17   10
                Joe Pendanza        LW   Boston Jr. Bruins (EJHL)   5'10  180  11/22/90 19  8 12   20    6
                Will Rayner         RD   Lincoln Stars (USHL))       6'1  190  01/19/90  5  0  0    0    6
                Chad Ruhwedel       RD   Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)5'11  170  05/07/90 14  2  5    7    2
                Shayne Thompson     LW   Brockville Braves (CJHL)   5'11  195  06/13/89 27 16 25   41   32

Marc Boulanger       G   Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)       5'11  165  03/27/90 15  5  7  3 89.7%   3.00
                T.J. Massie          G   Boston Jr Bruins (EJHL)    5'11  165  05/03/90 13  4  5  2 91.2%   3.14

William Eiserman    LD   NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)     5'11  187  07/21/92 12  0  6    6    6
                Colton Saucerman    RD   Des Moines Bucaneers (USHL) 5'9  170  05/05/92 16  0  0    0   36
                Terrence Wallin     RW   The Gunnery                5'10  166  04/06/92  0  0  0    0    0

Chris Eiserman       G   NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)      6'3  210  07/28/93 12 10  1  0 92.3%   2.30
                *Pendanza's 6 PPG are tied for second in the EJHL.
                *Thompson's 41 points have moved him to a tie for 7th in CJHL scoring.
                *Melchiori's 17 points have him tied for eighth amongst all defensemen in the CCHL. He missed four games playing for Team Canada East in the World Junior A Challenge.
                *C. Eiserman is currently fourth in the EJHL in GAA and fourth in save %.
                *TJ Massie is currently tenth in the EJHL in GAA and seventh in save %.
                *Brickler was traded to the Westside Warriors on November 18th. While with Sioux City, his numbers were 0-3-3 in just 5 games played.
                *Wallin's Gunnery season starts on December 5th.
                *Rayner was placed on the 45 day IR in mid-October.
                *Curry is currently third in the NAHL in scoring.
                Monty

Comment

Over the weekend:
                  • Marc Boulanger backstopped his Olds Grizzlys to a 5-3 win with a 29 save performance. It was his teams (and his) third straight win.
                  • Julian Melchiori had an assist and was a +1 in Newmarket's lone weekend game (6-5 win).
                  • Colton Saucerman was a -2 on the weekend, as his Bucs lost twice.
                  • Chad Ruhwedel had an assist in a 3-0 win for the Stampede, but was shutout in his team's 6-1 loss the following night.
                  • Joe Pendanza had 3 assists for the Jr. Bruins in a 5-1 win over Green Mountain, but had no points in a 6-2 win the next night. TJ Massie only played 20 minutes and saved all four shots in the latter game.
                  • Shayne Thompson had an assist for the Braves in a 6-3 win.
                  • Nick Curry had a goal in an 8-2 loss, and was shutout in a 6-1 loss for the Jr. Blues.

So overall, a quiet weekend for the UML commits.
                  Monty

Comment

Josh Holmstrom, brother of Ben, has committed to UML for 2010. A 9/5/89 DOB, he's put up a 2-8-10 for Sioux Falls (also where Ben played) in the USHL this year (in 16 games). I'll update the recruit page on my site shortly.
                    Monty

Comment

Rox22 over at the UMass blog "Fear the Triangle" took in the Jr Bruins/Glades game the other day. Here's his list of players that stood out.

Some other players who stood out in the game:
                      - Joe Pendenza. Lowell bound forward who had a good two-way game.
                      - Justin Breton. Had two goals in the game, looked to be the main scorer. Heading to Bentley.
                      - Dan Federico. Shea’s defensive partner. Unsigned. Son of Hockey East linesman?
                      - Joey Yeadon. Only a junior. Unsigned. High energy, was all over the ice.
                      - Matt Esposito. Unsigned. Looked to be Glades best player.
                      http://fearthetriangle.wordpress.com/

Comment

Josh Holmstrom, brother of Ben, has committed to UML for 2010. A 9/5/89 DOB, he's put up a 2-8-10 for Sioux Falls (also where Ben played) in the USHL this year (in 16 games). I'll update the recruit page on my site shortly.
                        forward? defenseman? puck? what position?
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          forward? defenseman? puck? what position?
                          Winger.

Bringing this over from the other thread as well... and incluidng yesterday's commitment. BTW Bob, I'd love for the Hawks to go after Esposito.

A look ahead to 2010/2011.

Here's what our roster would currently look like, and if someone spots a mistake, let me know:

Defense (9):
                          Seniors: Ryan Blair, Maury Edwards
                          Juniors: Tim Corcoran, Tim Carr (RS),
                          Sophomores: Chris Ickert, Colin Wright
                          Freshmen: Julian Melchiori, Will Rayner, Chad Ruhwedel

Forwards (15):
                          Seniors: Scott Campbell, Patrick Cey, Jason DeLuca,
                          Juniors: Michael Budd, Matt Ferreira, Michael Scheu, David Vallorani,
                          Sophomores: Joe Caveney, Robert Visca, Riley Wetmore
                          Freshmen: Tyler Brickler, Nick Curry, Josh Holmstrom, Joe Pendanza, Shayne Thompson

Goalies (2):
                          Sophomore: T.J. Massie
                          Freshman: Marc Boulanger

Since Visca hasn't played yet, he could be a redshirt freshman next year. I'm making the assumption the Heffron won't be back, especially if they get Carr to commit?

So at this point, that leaves us at 26 on the roster. You'd have to figure a third goalie (either Carr or Heffron) would make it 27. I'm still figuring maybe another 2 forwards?

Thoughts? Also you have to figure, we already have our two D recruits to replace Blair and Edwards in 2011.
                          Monty

Comment

Defense (9):
                            Seniors: Ryan Blair, Maury Edwards
                            Juniors: Tim Corcoran, Tim Carr (RS),
                            Sophomores: Chris Ickert, Colin Wright
                            Freshmen: Julian Melchiori, Will Rayner, Chad Ruhwedel
                            Carr red-shirted last year, so he's a freshman now. It says Sophomore on GoRiverhawks, but Freshman on the Hockey East site and in the media guide.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Rox22 over at the UMass blog "Fear the Triangle" took in the Jr Bruins/Glades game the other day. Here's his list of players that stood out.
                              Pendenza played very well. Good skater, passes well, seemed to have pretty good vision as well as a decent shot. He was good defensively but stuggled when they put him on defense on the penalty kill. It seemed like an odd decision to put him back there anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

They had Maclean in net instead of Massie so I can't report on him. Although in yet another sign of confirmation that he's heading back to the River Hawks, he's still wearing his red and blue Lowell mask.
                              MASSACHUSETTS HOCKEY
                              NCAA Appearance: 2007
                              1972 Division II Champions

DII Playoffs : 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

UMass Hockey Blog:
                              http://fearthetriangle.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X