Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting 2010 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Terrence Wallin had four points (1-3-4) in a 11-2 win yesterday. Wallin now has 38 points (14-24-38).
    jesus he's scoring a TON. by my count gunnery has played 27 games or so and he has that many points despite missing more than a few.
    Last edited by UMLGoon; 02-21-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      jesus he's scoring a TON. by my count gunnery has played 27 games or so and he has that many points despite missing more than a few.
      I'd be curious if he doesn't move on to a higher league next season?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That puts him 5th on the team in scoring out of the forwards, 1 point ahead of 6th. Not being negative but Prep hockey is brutal this year witha huge drop in top end talent.

37 points does not registr as top 50 in prep scoring, with the leaders now over 75 points.

Not being negative as I have heard good things about him on all fronts. Issue is that prep hockeyt does not prepare the kids anymore, outside the Whitneys and Kreiders of the world.

Winning games 11-2, 8-2, 10-2, 10-3 etc dont prepare you for BC's of the world

Comment

According to USHR Gunnery is now 22-4-2. Terrence is currently fifth on the team in scoring. The top scorer has 45 points and three others have 42 points.

Comment

According to USHR Gunnery is now 22-4-2. Terrence is currently fifth on the team in scoring. The top scorer has 45 points and three others have 42 points.
            And we believe that Wallin has missed a couple of games as well.

Last night, Shayne Thompson had no points in Brockville's 4-1 win.

Derek McCoy didn't play in Valley's 6-2 win.

The AJHL playoffs start later this week. The Olds Grizzlys made the playoffs easily thanks to a turn around from a horrid start. The turnaround started partially when Boulanger came back from his injury at the start of the season. The Grizzlys ended the season 30-23-2-5 (W-L-T-OTL), Boulanger had a 21-10-6 record.

The BCHL season also ended this past weekend. The Westside Warriors (with Tyler Brickler) will be playing Trail in the first round.

The OJHL season ended this weekend as well, and Scott Wilson's Georgetown team will play Aurora I believe starting this weekend.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Doug Carr's season is very likely done! My source says he'll have to have surgery b4 he plays anymore hockey. This leaves his team,Cornwall Colts, with only one goalie. he was told back in Dec when the injury occurred that it might heal enough to play this season but would need surgery after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1timer View Post
                Doug Carr's season is very likely done! My source says he'll have to have surgery b4 he plays anymore hockey. This leaves his team,Cornwall Colts, with only one goalie. he was told back in Dec when the injury occurred that it might heal enough to play this season but would need surgery after this season.
                That's disappointing to hear. Thanks for the info.
                Monty

Comment

The Colts indicated he was ready to play last week but were just giving him another week of rest. Did he go back to the doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by ecacwatcher View Post
                    The Colts indicated he was ready to play last week but were just giving him another week of rest. Did he go back to the doctor?
                    Based on this article he was practicing last week with the team. I wonder if he re-injured the groin in practice.

Comment

Based on this article he was practicing last week with the team. I wonder if he re-injured the groin in practice.
                      I don't think its so much that he reinjured it as much as it was that it didn't heal well coming off the initial injury and when he tried to go he just couldn't move well enough to play games at a high enough level.
                      This is a big loss for Cornwall. Landa,Carr's backup, has not shown the type of netminding that will be needed to beat Brockville or Pembroke.

Comment

The final CJHL Top 20 has 3 teams with UML commits.

The CJHL Final Weekly Top 20 as of Monday, February 22, 2010

(8) Brockville Braves (CJHL)
                        (12) Georgetown Raiders (OJAHL)
                        (14) Westside Warriors (BCHL)
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          A new college hockey website has their Top 50 recruits for 2010 out. UML's Julian Melchiori is ranked 43.
                          That same website has an article on Matt Esposito who is now playing for Chicago (USHL) after playing 30 games for Green Mountain earlier in the year.
                          According to the article, Esposito has heard from Northeastern, Clarkson and recently received an offer from Union. He's hoping to hear from a few more schools, including UVM which would be his first choice. He wants to play in Hockey East.

Comment

I don't think its so much that he reinjured it as much as it was that it didn't heal well coming off the initial injury and when he tried to go he just couldn't move well enough to play games at a high enough level.
                            This is a big loss for Cornwall. Landa,Carr's backup, has not shown the type of netminding that will be needed to beat Brockville or Pembroke.
                            Any official announcement re Carr's status? Hasn't Chretien played more than Landa during Carr's absence?

Must have been a bad groin pull to require surgery - hope it goes well and Carr is in top form for UML next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ecacwatcher View Post
                              Any official announcement re Carr's status? Hasn't Chretien played more than Landa during Carr's absence?

Must have been a bad groin pull to require surgery - hope it goes well and Carr is in top form for UML next year.
                              Your right Chretien has played more games in Carr's absense, and better I might add, but it boils down to the card Chretien is signed to. I believe he is considered an AP player who can only play a max # of games, I think 10, and after that his first obligation is to his JrB team. I think he will be back after his JrB team is eliminated. Im not sure on all the details, will check and report back in a few.

Comment

Terrence Wallin (14-25-39) had an assist in Gunnery's 6-0 win today. He was held scoreless in Monday's game, also a win. According to USHR, Gunnery is now 24-4-2 and will play their final regular season game on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X