PDA

View Full Version : RPI Tourney (11/27, 11/28) (Bentley, LSSU, RPI, Union)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ralph Baer
11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
First round: Union vs. Lake State and RPI vs. Bentley.

It's time for RPI to stop being the gracious hosts and win their tourney for the first time since 2001-2. :)

Red Cloud
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Early prediction has Union and RPI facing off in the title game, and I don't have a prediction for that game.

burgie12
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll second this early prediction, but I'm going to wait until after Bentley and LSSU play their league games before "officially" weighing in.

Personally, I'd be happy with having the championship game being played at 7 (for only the 4th time in 10 years! :eek: ) and the boys playing a nice, hard-fought game.

Ralph Baer
11-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Personally, I'd be happy with having the championship game being played at 7 (for only the 4th time in 10 years! :eek: ) and the boys playing a nice, hard-fought game. Has it been that long that the change was made so that RPI played the late game whether or not it was the championship game? I thought that it's only been about two years, so in all of the previous years (whether or not RPI was in the championship game), it was the late game.

Red Cloud
11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Has it been that long since RPI played the late game whether or not it's the championship game? I thought that it's only been about two years, so in all of the previous years (whether or not RPI was in the championship game), it was the late game.

If I remember correctly, it did indeed start in the 2007 edition, but it only came into play last year when RPI played in the consolation game, since RPI (barely) made it to the title game in '07.

GreatLakerMohawk
11-20-2009, 11:58 AM
If I remember correctly, it did indeed start in the 2007 edition, but it only came into play last year when RPI played in the consolation game, since RPI (barely) made it to the title game in '07.

Ralph should remember that as he was there to see it.

DrDemento
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
From the comments made by coach SA-it sure sounded like Lee may not be back in the line up for the tournament. All the others should be available at full strength unless there is something we have not been made aware of. Personally I would like to see an RPI/LSSU final to bring back memories of the mid eighties when we had soome important business between these 2 schools. I was at the 2 games in 1985 in Troy and the following year IIRC the Lakers were in Troy for the Xmas tournament which we also attended.

burgie12
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Has it been that long that the change was made so that RPI played the late game whether or not it was the championship game? I thought that it's only been about two years, so in all of the previous years (whether or not RPI was in the championship game), it was the late game.
My apologies. My limited exposure to RPI history had me assume that we had always played in the late game.

"When you assume, you make an azz out of u and me"... yadda yadda.

Anyways, I am hopeful that RPI will be playing in the championship game on Thanksgiving weekend.

Ralph Baer
11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Ralph should remember that as he was there to see it.

Actually, I have been trying to forget that game. :) Remember that when we met at the F4 last spring, I didn't recognize you immediately? That's because I have been trying to forget that game. :D

Jordan Alford did play well in the shootout.

Ralph Baer
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
My apologies. My limited exposure to RPI history had me assume that we had always played in the late game.

"When you assume, you make an azz out of u and me"... yadda yadda.

Anyways, I am hopeful that RPI will be playing in the championship game on Thanksgiving weekend.

No problem, just at my age, I am always worried that the memory is going. :D

So far, starting this thread hasn't brought out any fans of the other three teams. :(

GreatLakerMohawk
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Actually, I have been trying to forget that game. :) Remember that when we met at the F4 last spring, I didn't recognize you immediately? That's because I have been trying to forget that game. :D

That's a real nice excuse there. You could've just blamed it on me wearing a Bemidji State jersey.

Ralph Baer
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
That's a real nice excuse there. You could've just blamed it on me wearing a Bemidji State jersey.

;)

That was in awful game. I still can say that I have been to every RPI-AIC that was not an RPI win, having also attended the game in 65-66. RPI came close to ending that this year.

Wholin1
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
So far, starting this thread hasn't brought out any fans of the other three teams. :(

I'll check in and display my usual ignorance. Which team would be favored in the Union LSSU matchup? I am not particularly familiar with the Lakers. It will be interesting to see if Leaman is going to start a goalie rotation. I'll stick out my neck and predict that RPI will make the final with a convincing win v. Bentley.

I assume tickets should be readily available at the door with students away. I could buy tickets from the Union box office but if memory serves we'll be in the dreaded blue seats. :eek:

RHamilton
11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll be providing video for all 4 of the weekend games via Ustream. It seems that on Friday, I may be running a one man show (instead of the usual 10-12 of us that run the broadcast), so the production quality won't be anywhere near our normal standards. Saturday's games should have a larger crew.

I'm planning on rooting for Union on Friday, then vehemently rooting against them on Saturday.

GreatLakerMohawk
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I'll check in and display my usual ignorance. Which team would be favored in the Union LSSU matchup? I am not particularly familiar with the Lakers. It will be interesting to see if Leaman is going to start a goalie rotation. I'll stick out my neck and predict that RPI will make the final with a convincing win v. Bentley.

I assume tickets should be readily available at the door with students away. I could buy tickets from the Union box office but if memory serves we'll be in the dreaded blue seats. :eek:

I wouldn't expect there to be any ticket issues at all. And yeah, if you bought them from Union, I'd suspect you'll be tucked away up in the corner in the 20s, although with the allotments for other teams, who knows how they'd arrange things. They might put you in the corner over in section 2 instead. :p

You're certainly better off walking up.

DrDemento
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I'll be providing video for all 4 of the weekend games via Ustream. It seems that on Friday, I may be running a one man show (instead of the usual 10-12 of us that run the broadcast), so the production quality won't be anywhere near our normal standards. Saturday's games should have a larger crew.

I'm planning on rooting for Union on Friday, then vehemently rooting against them on Saturday.

Thanks-will try to tune in. :)

Red Cloud
11-20-2009, 03:51 PM

I've got to think Union is probably the favorite against Lake State, being the nominal home team and especially considering the outstanding play they've shown so far.

The dreaded blue seats - assuming you're talking about Section 1 - are no more. You should be able to get some decent locations practically anywhere.

FlagDUDE08
11-20-2009, 04:07 PM
I will be at all four games once again this year. I'm ready to watch some good hard hockey games.

No predictions on what happens; just hope it isn't like last year, minus the fight of course. I still have that picture on my cellphone, and hadn't seen so many people on the middle aisle just to take a picture of the penalty box.

FlagDUDE08
11-20-2009, 04:10 PM

What, by sitting on the bench? Mathias Lange was in net that game. And I just looked on CHS.net to confirm my memory.

Ralph Baer
11-20-2009, 04:16 PM
What, by sitting on the bench? Mathias Lange was in net that game. And I just looked on CHS.net to confirm my memory.

I guess I am successful in forgetting the game. :D

GLM,
Who was that guy from Minnesota that you were sitting with? ;)