Norwich Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

So the 2006-07 year in the ACHA does not apply? Funny, the ACHA counts all years of NCAA eligability....

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
      FYI...my grandmother, father, and aunt all died from Alzheimers...know you're just kidding though...just sayin...
      FYI...lost a grandfather and mother to the same. I wasn't making light of it. Early detection is the key...just sayin.

Let's move on. What's your prediction for the Friday matchup in Northfield?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        What's your prediction for the Friday matchup in Northfield?
        I'm thinking revenge is a strong motivator. After the late game meltdown last year, I think Coach Houle will have his squad hyped up pretty well. I know they've deepened up front and on D, so it should be interesting. Home ice will take a bit away, so I'm thinking 4-2 Platty with an empty netter.

Comment

Originally posted by RI401 View Post
          So the 2006-07 year in the ACHA does not apply? Funny, the ACHA counts all years of NCAA eligability....
          ACHA (nor intramural for that matter) participation does not count towards the 4 years of NCAA participation in 5 academic year allowance. The sixth season was granted due to medical issues that did not allow her to play at any level.

Comment

I think you need to take your pointy little head back to the timeout corner for another month...
            Hehe, that’s ok Seymore, there's plenty of that going on… where one speaks before he thinks.

4-2 eh... I suppose it could go either way but I think who ever stays out of the penalty box the most will take this one, and we won't know that till the final horn.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              I predict a 5-1 win for *Norwich with Sophie getting all 5 goals and 3 assists...
              Hey hockeydaddy, quit hacking 5 4's USCHO account.

Comment

Are there no qualified coaches that would volunteer their time? That's how we do it here.[QUOTE=FranchisePlayer;4943757]
                Originally posted by goaliecoach View Post
                I can't believe that there isn't a goal tending coach on every team at this level. (snip) QUOTE]

It's actually not that hard to figure out - some of the D3 coaches aren't full-time THEMSELVES. I would suspect that many schools have limited budgets that don't allow them to keep a goaltending coach on staff. That would mean that they'd have to let go one of the 47 coaches on the football teams in order to cover the cost...

Comment

For anyone not making the trek to Northfield on Friday, you can view the live video webcast here:

http://www.nsnsports.net/norwich/

John Lawrence will have the call with Norwich SID Charlie Crosby '63 on color commentary.

For those attending, feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be at the VIP seating press box behind the Norwich bench taking stats.

Trots, that's now 6-of-9 women's games video streamed
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    For anyone not making the trek to Northfield on Friday, you can view the live video webcast here:

John Lawrence will have the call with Norwich SID Charlie Crosby '63 on color commentary.

For those attending, feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be at the VIP seating press box behind the Norwich bench taking stats.

Kudo's to *Norwich for having the foresight to bring this game (and the others) to our television/computer screens. Free or not... I'm sure the many people that are interested in this tilt and can't get to Northfield, appreciate it immensely. Good for you!

Comment

I watched game RIT VS Norwich a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Noname View Post
                        I watched game RIT VS Norwich a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.
                        Thanks. NSN does a tremendous job.

John Lawrence, Charlie, and George Commo know their stuff and do a great job filling in the information.

The video quality is solid as well. Not quite on par with Oswego, but that's comparing apples to oranges considering Oswego has a fully funded student-run television station with a large operating budget to purchase the latest equipment and cameras.

The Norwich/Amherst tilt on Dec. 12th will also be streamed as well!
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Fortunately I don't have to rely on video streaming this weekend

Comment

Fortunately I don't have to rely on video streaming this weekend

Comment

I'm thinking revenge is a strong motivator. After the late game meltdown last year, I think Coach Houle will have his squad hyped up pretty well. I know they've deepened up front and on D, so it should be interesting. Home ice will take a bit away, so I'm thinking 4-2 Platty with an empty netter.
                              I still stand by my original .....Platty by 3.......NU's young defense will not be used to the speed Platty brings up front, not having played a team of this caliber since the first weekend of the year. I think the goaltending will be another issue for the Cadets on this night as well...Just a feeling. I think Houle will have his team ready to seek revenge for last seasons loss at Plattsburgh.............I see a frustrated Cadets team on this one.....I hope I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                                I still stand by my original .....Platty by 3.......NU's young defense will not be used to the speed Platty brings up front, not having played a team of this caliber since the first weekend of the year. I think the goaltending will be another issue for the Cadets on this night as well...Just a feeling. I think Houle will have his team ready to seek revenge for last seasons loss at Plattsburgh.............I see a frustrated Cadets team on this one.....I hope I am wrong

Look me up if you're coming to the game, we can watch it together.

Comment

Working...
                                X