• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Major good news!
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
      Hate to revisit this again but ...Is the Sophie Leclerc deal all set for the upcoming season? I had heard that there was a problem that may have been overlooked and it was not set in stone that the NCAA would grant the 5th year. With Sophie this team will be a very good team but I still think from what I know about some of the new recruits that they will not over achive like they did a year ago. Just my opinion but with the exception of a couple of the recruits, I think too much is being made of this team as a whole. They will be good but I doubt they did enough to take out Platty or for that matter even Elmira again......time will tell, and to get this thread rolling I am saying that they will not win the ECAC East and that they will finish behind at the very least M'Ville. I think the talent level of incoming talent has been overblown and as the season progresses the staff will realize this..........Still a big supporter of this team but I do not think they did as much to improve as some of the other big hitters did.

Nice to hear you still support the team. I seem to recall you talking like this last year at this time, and look at where they ended up.... on a private jet coming back from Minn. with a 2nd place finish.

Now, one thing that caught my attention was in the last sentence. What do you know about the other "big hitters" recruiting program/success? Or is that just conjecture that fits your negative outlook on the team?

Insofar as your overblown talent comment... humm, not to divulge any "state secrets" here but why don't you make the trip to Northfield for the season opening tourny with Elmira, RIT and NEC and take a look for yourself.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post

"for following the rules"
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
            Nice to hear you still support the team. I seem to recall you talking like this last year at this time, and look at where they ended up.... on a private jet coming back from Minn. with a 2nd place finish.

Now, one thing that caught my attention was in the last sentence. What do you know about the other "big hitters" recruiting program/success? Or is that just conjecture that fits your negative outlook on the team?

Insofar as your overblown talent comment... humm, not to divulge any "state secrets" here but why don't you make the trip to Northfield for the season opening tourny with Elmira, RIT and NEC and take a look for yourself.
            I understand that you think I was being negitive but actually it is quite the opposite....I very much support and like this team....and I have seen them many more times then you know (I went there)........as far as the new talent (and I know how important your daughter is to this team...believe me I am so happy the NCAA saw it the right way) I guess time will tell, I simply think, having seen some of these kids in my travels when I watch U-19 tournys, that Norwich is counting a bit much on some of these young kids a bit too quickly.....Coach Boldings systems are not always easy for Freshmen to catch on to and take time.....they will get it, but it will take some time. My guess is that Norwich will pull it together, like they always do, but I think they will get off to a rather slow start like they usually do (getting used to playing new systems). And as far as the tourney to open the season......I am going to go out on a limb and say they will not win, too early for them to have it all together against this caliber of competition............3 months later, same teams, I would probably pick them.......Let's see what happens...
            Last edited by mainiac; 10-08-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
              I understand that you think I was being negitive but actually it is quite the opposite....I very much support and like this team....and I have seen them many more times then you know (I went there)........as far as the new talent (and I know how important your daughter is to this team...believe me I am so happy the NCAA saw it the right way) I guess time will tell, I simply think, having seen some of these kids in my travels when I watch U-19 tournys, that Norwich is counting a bit much on some of these young kids a bit too quickly.....Coach Boldings systems are not always easy for Freshmen to catch on to and take time.....they will get it, but it will take some time. My guess is that Norwich will pull it together, like they always do, but I think they will get off to a rather slow start like they usually do (getting used to playing new systems). And as far as the tourney to open the season......I am going to go out on a limb and say they will not win, too early for them to have it all together against this caliber of competition............3 months later, same teams, I would probably pick them.......Let's see what happens...
              Hey I was pulling your chain a little Mainiac and appreciate your frankness. But I don't think the Norwich situation you describe is much different than around the league. There are plenty of teams out there that probably have the same high expectations... to finish #1. You just never know which team will have a breakout season. Every year, this DIII league just keeps getting better and better, talent wise. I would even dare say that women's hockey has all but caught up to men's, in relative terms.

It will be interesting to see who seeds where in the upcoming poll. When does that come out again?

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                "for following the rules"
                Jerry, enlighten us...what are the rules?

Comment

Whatever the NCAA says they are. Just ask them.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
                    Hey I was pulling your chain a little Mainiac and appreciate your frankness. But I don't think the Norwich situation you describe is much different than around the league. There are plenty of teams out there that probably have the same high expectations... to finish #1. You just never know which team will have a breakout season. Every year, this DIII league just keeps getting better and better, talent wise. I would even dare say that women's hockey has all but caught up to men's, in relative terms.

It will be interesting to see who seeds where in the upcoming poll. When does that come out again?
                    The first poll will probably come out late October.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                      Whatever the NCAA says they are. Just ask them.
                      Pfft...

Comment

Cadets hit the ice today!
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Cadets hit the ice today!
                          Do the hills have eyes..........???
                          and will the talk of "state secrets" hold true!!!....or is it left overs from the cold war...haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hock77 View Post
                            Do the hills have eyes..........???
                            and will the talk of "state secrets" hold true!!!....or is it left overs from the cold war...haha
                            Been hearing nothing but good things so far from the early reports of how practices are going.

Very strong incoming class only going to add to an already talented bunch.

DEPTH is the key word I keep hearing over and over again from the Lady Cadet camp.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I've heard they cut some of the good upperclassmen. That incoming class must be something worthwhile.
                              ~Don't go through life without goals~

Comment

It is.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X