NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Home and home series this weekend. PC plays at NU on Friday. IMO the Huskies, fueled by the home crowd, should take this by at least 2. Saturday's game sees the two teams play in Providence. This should be a closer game, but again I see the Huskies coming out on top. Sounds like there will be a decent amount of NU fans heading down for that one. Any PC people planning on coming up Friday?
    Last edited by DieHardDog; 11-17-2009, 03:04 PM.
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Re: NU vs. PC - Deep Fried Friars vs. Hungry Hungry Huskies 11/20-21

Thinking about travelling to PC for this one... (driving though... screw the MBTA)

This is another one of those "anything could happen" weekends for me. Both have shown that they can perform, and both have shown that they cannot.

Hoping our last showing was an indication that our lines are starting to click... we scored more than one goal! And what beauties some of those were...

Injury outlook for this weekend? Who's coming back??

Never been to PC, but I heard that the arena is very small with low ceilings... that could be a recipe for a very loud dog house....
    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Until i see consistency from this NU team.. (ie: winning 3, 4 or more in a row).. i cannot think 4 pts any weekend.

Huskies-Friars, we split our home & home..

Until everyone gets healthy, that's the long & short of it. Go team
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
        Never been to PC, but I heard that the arena is very small with low ceilings... that could be a recipe for a very loud dog house....
        You'd think that but no. NU usually brings the loudest visiting fans, but not that loud.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

This could be the battle for the basement in HE

Comment

Jon, g'luck to your team with the Brown gm (Mayor's cup) tonight.. that's all the wishes you're getting from me this week
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I figure it's appropriate that I make one of my rare posts in this thread, given the title.

It will be interesting to see how Beaudry has improved over the last year. He looked kind of rough when he came to NU last season, especially after all that hype surrounding him when he joined 2nd semester. If he's living up to his HE goalie of the month honors, it will be a tough couple of games. I would say that given all the injuries I would be happy with two points, but the fact is, I won't be happy with anything less than four.

It will definitely be interesting to see whether the series is dependent more on offense or defense, seeing as both teams have a poor GF/GA ratio in HE play (Providence - 5/9 in 3 games, NU - 12/20 in 6 games).

Hoping to make it to both games this weekend. For all you PC fans, what's the parking situation like?
              On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
              If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
                Hoping to make it to both games this weekend. For all you PC fans, what's the parking situation like?
                Nobody goes, so..
                Matthews Arena:
                Originally posted by UMLGoon
                "you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is 'our rink predates electricity'"

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  You'd think that but no. NU usually brings the loudest visiting fans, but not that loud.
                  'dem fightin' words! You're just asking for trouble haha
                  Are the PC fans showing up to the games this year, given their sporadic success so far this season? There's no need to buy tickets in advance, right?

GO NU

Comment

"It's a Friday night and you go to school in Boston! What are you doing here?!"

Heard that last year as I walked in...my answer? "Being a real fan."

I'm also hoping that parking is free and available, although I know there is usually a line of traffic just outside the arena after the game (so add a few extra minutes to travel time if you need to get anywhere afterwards). The MBTA isn't the problem with getting to Providence. It's RIPTA. I'm 0-2 on buses showing up when they're supposed to after the game, and ended up cabbing it back to the station just in time to make the train both times I went. If you just plan on paying the $8ish and taking a cab, you'll be fine.

As for the actual hockey...I'm hoping that we see the team that showed up on Saturday night against Maine and against BU. If we see the teams that played against BC or Maine in the Friday night game, we're in trouble. But it seems like NU can have one solid game per weekend. Hopefully once people start getting and staying healthy we'll see more than 2 points per week. Good to see them get even strength, power play, and shorthanded goals.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

I'll be heading down to PC, as always. I'm predicting a split for the same reason as northeastern. This team hasn't proven it can play back-to-back good games, until it does, I'll be pessimistic. No MacLeod, though getting Muench back will be nice (Maley? God it would be nice to get Mike Hewkin off the ice). I'll be interested to see how legit Beaudry is, his numbers have been cartoonish.

Comment

We need at least 3 points if we want to make anything resembling noise in hockey east this year, if we don't get 3, I think we are in trouble. yes we are injured, but I still think it is a bad sign if our guys don't realize the significance of not getting all the points they can out of a home and home with pc.
                        Arenas Attended
                        Matthews Arena
                        Agganis Arena
                        Tsongas Arena
                        Lawler Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        TD Banknorth Garden
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Alfond Arena
                        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                          'dem fightin' words! You're just asking for trouble haha
                          Are the PC fans showing up to the games this year, given their sporadic success so far this season? There's no need to buy tickets in advance, right?
                          No, I'm asking for noise. Trouble would be sitting behind a row of NU fans and ranting instructions to players like I'm Toot Cahoon. Long story, but I've found the worst fan in Hockey East. *shudder*

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Providence won a close 4-3 gm over Brown last night. I believe they were leading by a couple goals througout.. & fought off a spirited comeback by the Bears in the 3rd. Brown's won 1 gm thus far this season (they've played seven).

Nice win for the Friars.. now let's not make it so nice Friday
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Brown's only win has been its exhibition game... so I'd still call them 0-5-1

So at this point PC has more votes that we do for the top 20 poll... Does that mean a victory for NU this weekend would be an upset?

huh...

GO NU

Comment

Working...
                              X