Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State at Alaska-Anchorage November 20-21, 2009

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
    This is a Mankato vs. UAA thread this weekend. Who cares about rivals, we just want some teams we can beat...
    So UAA sweeps and moves up.
    If UAA wants more fans in the seats, and less complaining about their lack luster performances (even Shyiak said on channel 2 news last night that his team gave up), then lets see some great hockey this weekend.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It will be absolutely devastating to the Mavericks if they are swept this weekend. It really doesn't matter who the opponent may be; it just so happens they are in the great state of Alaska. Not to take anything away from CC and ROTW Jon Howe, but missing points in last weekend's hotly contested games at home was a blow. It is something that cannot happen if your program's goal is home ice for the first round of the WCHA playoffs, let alone if you want to stay out of the bottom of the WCHA.

I haven't seen the Mavs play for a couple of weeks now (the last time being on TV, when they were @ DU), but all indications are they are ripe to start putting pucks in the net. I hope they can break through this weekend. I will be around for Friday's games for sure. Hopefully the GCI.net feed is up and working. I really, really appreciate that service, by the way. And I think the program does a great job with the production--especially considering it is being offered for FREE!

No word yet that I can find on if it will be Lee or Murdock in net for Friday. Frederick is reporting Louwerse will sit Friday because of "too many penalties." When you get called out because you are taking too many penalties on a Jutting team that is saying something
      Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
        It will be absolutely devastating to the Mavericks if they are swept this weekend. It really doesn't matter who the opponent may be; it just so happens they are in the great state of Alaska. Not to take anything away from CC and ROTW Jon Howe, but missing points in last weekend's hotly contested games at home was a blow. It is something that cannot happen if your program's goal is home ice for the first round of the WCHA playoffs, let alone if you want to stay out of the bottom of the WCHA.

I haven't seen the Mavs play for a couple of weeks now (the last time being on TV, when they were @ DU), but all indications are they are ripe to start putting pucks in the net. I hope they can break through this weekend. I will be around for Friday's games for sure. Hopefully the GCI.net feed is up and working. I really, really appreciate that service, by the way. And I think the program does a great job with the production--especially considering it is being offered for FREE!

No word yet that I can find on if it will be Lee or Murdock in net for Friday. Frederick is reporting Louwerse will sit Friday because of "too many penalties." When you get called out because you are taking too many penalties on a Jutting team that is saying something
        Lee gets the start for the third consecutive game tonight.

Comment

Hopefully the GCI.net feed is up and working. I really, really appreciate that service, by the way. And I think the program does a great job with the production--especially considering it is being offered for FREE!
          Thanks for the kudos. I get sick and tired of all the complaining, when no other WCHA team offers a free webcast that I know of. You just can't please some people.

Here is the link for the webcast, it is on the schedule.

http://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

I don't think it actually starts working until the puck drops, or close to it. Good luck!
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            If UAA wants more fans in the seats, and less complaining about their lack luster performances (even Shyiak said on channel 2 news last night that his team gave up), then lets see some great hockey this weekend.
            I agree it would be a start. You cant take a shift off here or there in this league. We need some scoring, that takes a lot of pressure off if you can get started scoring early. Mankato always has a good showing against us here, it's time to put an end to it. Good luck UAA.
            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

I cannot believe that the banner ad I got logging onto this site was for Sarah Palin's book. It creeps me out to have her staring at me as I type.

Anyway, the Seawolves have to want the puck more than the Mavs. Two big teams, so there should be lots of banging.

less than three hours to game time.

BTW, we owe MSUM something for their women's basketball team taking us out in the National Semis last year. They were simply unconscious with their shooting in the game.
              Sir_Castic
              From the Greatland

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Castic View Post
                I cannot believe that the banner ad I got logging onto this site...
                Do you use Firefox? If so, download AdBlock Plus, and you won't see any ads at all.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Wow, what a breakout night for the Mavs. And Jerad Stewart, four goals!
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Big 2 points to [for the time being] vacate 10th place in the WCHA. The boys can't be too content, they need to get the remaining 2 points from the weekend tomorrow night.
                    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

REdiculous game to watch, it's about time MAVS

Comment

Big 2 points to [for the time being] vacate 10th place in the WCHA. The boys can't be too content, they need to get the remaining 2 points from the weekend tomorrow night.
                        Wow huge game 8-2?
                        Nice game mavs

Comment

The last Maverick to score 4 goals in a game was Shane Joseph on March 1, 2003 against Colorado College.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Wow, nice game Mavs.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

If UAA plays the way they did tonight, it won't be hard at all to get the sweep. I have never been more disgusted as a UAA fan than I am right now. Congrats on pummeling the Seawolves. Hopefully my team is so embarrassed they come out ready to play Division I hockey tomorrow night. And please, START BRYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                If UAA plays the way they did tonight, it won't be hard at all to get the sweep. I have never been more disgusted as a UAA fan than I am right now. Congrats on pummeling the Seawolves. Hopefully my team is so embarrassed they come out ready to play Division I hockey tomorrow night. And please, START BRYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                As you may or may not know, Patrick Wiercioh did not play tonight for DU and isn't expected to play tomorrow night. Perhaps you'd like to reconsider your name calling of a couple of weeks ago and apologize to the young man. Seems like the right thing to do, unless you think he was held out of the game just to make you look bad.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X