PDA

View Full Version : DIII Player of the Week

mazile
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
First - let me say - I don't want to do this, but here's an idea if someone else wants to run with it.

The USCHO Div. III posters could award a weekly D III Player of the Week. I see it running something like this.

Each week a thread would be started to take nominations.
Any poster could nominate a player, something simple like:

Chris Cannizzaro, Hobart, 4 goals and 3 assists as Hobart beat Lebanon Valley 9-1 and tied Neumann 5-5.

Pick a time to close nominations, say 5pm on Monday, then whoever's running the thing could pick what he thinks are the 5 best and set up a poll. Close the poll sometime on Wednesday and the player with the most votes is the DIII Posters Player of the Week.

walktheline
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
i'd vote for him!!!

Tyler Fletcher scored a hat trick in the second period of the UW-Superior Yellowjackets only game of the weekend. not to shabby either.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
11-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I would actually be willing to run this, if there is interest. However, I'd like to come up with a more concrete (i.e. objective) way to whittle it down to 4-5 players for each week's poll.

My initial thoughts on this would be:

*Must have won at least 1 game that weekend.

*Items to consider for skater: Goals and Assists, GWGs,
PPGs or SHGs, GAA of the opposing Goalie.

*Items to consider for Goalies: Saves, Save %,
Goals Allowed vs. Avg Goals per Game of opponent, Shutouts.

If there is interest, I'll probably use these criteria to narrow the field of nominated players before posting a poll.

What do people think? Is there interest, now that I'm offering my time to do it?

PrezdeJohnson09
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
I would actually be willing to run this, if there is interest. However, I'd like to come up with a more concrete (i.e. objective) way to whittle it down to 4-5 players for each week's poll.

My initial thoughts on this would be:

*Must have won at least 1 game that weekend.

*Items to consider for skater: Goals and Assists, GWGs,
PPGs or SHGs, GAA of the opposing Goalie.

*Items to consider for Goalies: Saves, Save %,
Goals Allowed vs. Avg Goals per Game of opponent, Shutouts.

If there is interest, I'll probably use these criteria to narrow the field of nominated players before posting a poll.

What do people think? Is there interest, now that I'm offering my time to do it?

Sounds great to me. I'm game!

jconnor
11-20-2009, 01:04 PM
If you're willing to do it, go for it, if anyone complains on how you do it, tough!!;) I admire your willingness to do this.

mazile
11-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I think it would be great. I'll certainly participate.

PrezdeJohnson09
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
I vote Lynn Taylor, Plattsburgh for D-III player of the week;) :D

Fritz62
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a sweet idea

LoudHorns31
11-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I vote Lynn Taylor, Plattsburgh for D-III player of the week;) :D

wow I figured she would have been up for player of the decade in your book.... oh and by the way, she was back in town a few weeks ago for the Alumni game! to bad you missed her.