Jumpin Jerry's Circus Act visits Timid Tim at the Alfond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumpin Jerry's Circus Act visits Timid Tim at the Alfond

Lets hear some serious trash talking ....how long's it been ?

Both teams coming off L's, both of which maybe shouldnt have been. Points are like diamonds in the ruff this year....gotta find em anywhere you can. Can BC keep up with Maine's speed ???
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: Jumpin Jerry's Circus Act visits Timid Tim at the Alfond

Trash-talking?!?! Us???

RESPECK. You guys look to be improving this year, which is nice to see. I haven't gotten to see Maine play yet this year. What are the biggest changes from last year? Do you expect the improved performance to keep up?

Think the team is making a strong stand to save TIMMAY?
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      Trash-talking?!?! Us???

RESPECK. You guys look to be improving this year, which is nice to see. I haven't gotten to see Maine play yet this year. What are the biggest changes from last year? Do you expect the improved performance to keep up?

Think the team is making a strong stand to save TIMMAY?
      Meh...probably those tree huggers from VT knocked all that trash talking down a peg, eh ?
      Biggest changes from last year? Probably Corkum taking over control of the team....lol...seriously, more speed up front, more creativity, more quickness and a coupla young fellas who can find the net...so its not just the Gustav show anymo. I havent seen them much this year either. Darling is in and out of consciousness, or a coma, whichever it is. Too much luv for the penalty box has also hurt.....do I expect some improvement to continue ??? NO.
      Until Timmay disembarks, its probably gonna be business as usual. Sort of expecting an early season swoon to begin at any time.....but, theres some good young freshman in this year, and maybe they'll learn to simply tune out Timmay earlier rather than later. Basically, Maine fandom either wants Maine to fail miserably so Timmay is jettisoned quickly, or they want the team to succeed consistently (so Timmay is still shown the door ). Its tuff being a Maine fan this year...pher sure.

Ran into a Maine fan last week whom I hadnt spoken with for some time and no connection to this board. His comment was "the alumni want him gone". Kinda surprised me a bit that those people were keeping up with the internut nutcases.
      Last edited by acs64; 11-16-2009, 10:18 AM.

Comment

We can help throw you into that swoon if you want

Road games have been tricky so far for BC. 1-2-1. It'd be great for a young team to get some wins on the road.

Any BC fans making the trip? Looks like I will be up for Friday's game only.
        -

Comment

Apparently the BC crew has thrown it in and admitted to a complete and devastating pair of losses to the hapless BEarz this weekend. I mean how else can you explain a total collapse of fan support and enthusiasm for "America's Team" ? Maybe we need enticement with the chance to win money off this game....you BC'ers still remember how to gamble dontchya?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Apparently the BC crew has thrown it in and admitted to a complete and devastating pair of losses to the hapless BEarz this weekend. I mean how else can you explain a total collapse of fan support and enthusiasm for "America's Team" ? Maybe we need enticement with the chance to win money off this game....you BC'ers still remember how to gamble dontchya?
            Lame

I'm gonna need to rest and recuperate from the UVM flamesession, BU is just two weeks from Saturday...

So I'll just say that I RESPECK your team's history and look forward to Friday night, I hope the barn is rocking.
            -

Comment

Listen you one tooth, hillbilly, son of a ho' low down mother ******!
              You're really slippin'.

That's all I got.

But... if lil' Whitney starts dancing in the crease and Darling chases him around the rink, that could be the start of something big.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

how else can you explain a total collapse of fan support and enthusiasm for "America's Team" ?
                Mass bannings and wussification of this board?
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Everything's funnier in an echo chamber.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I'm gonna need to rest and recuperate from the UVM flamesession, BU is just two weeks from Saturday...
                    you sure? it seems things have been fairly cordial this season on comm ave.

and yeah, maine is definitely improved (just as BU has regressed) Nyqvist is the real deal.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Listen you one tooth, hillbilly, son of a ho' low down mother ******!
                      You're really slippin'.

That's all I got.

But... if lil' Whitney starts dancing in the crease and Darling chases him around the rink, that could be the start of something big.
                      May be a single but itz solid gold, and in this environment with gold soaring my value is increasing day by day.

I just think your ringleader there, Jerry, doesnt respeck Maine, and rightfully so. After the last few seasons why would anybuddy? I just hope the black and blue bearz can keep it respeckable.

Sooooo, rumor hasit you guyz are slotted to finish in 8th in HE huh ??
                      Last edited by acs64; 11-17-2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        you sure? it seems things have been fairly cordial this season on comm ave.
                        For now... you and I both know it won't stay that way when the BC-BU gamethread gets to the 10th page or so

Remember last year's HE semifinal thread? It started off cordially enough, with actual hockey talk, and both sets of fans waxing poetic about the quality of the opposing team; BC and BU fans teamed up to yell at Merrimack trolls (?!?!) and Northeastern fans claiming their rivalry was better than ours; there were cross BC-BU alliances when posters from each side made political comments, or comments about the Red Sox and Yankees; a rather interesting discussion of which teams we hate the most; a discussion about the validity of soccer, and NASCAR... and so on and so forth...

...but by late Wednesday, the gloves were off, and there were multiple pages of posts about how BU is a safety school, BC is not in Boston, our priests touched us, BC has no fans, BU fans don't care after the Beanpot ends, BU fans are fanboys, and BC football is not that great. All that was missing was chest-thumping over the fact that BU fans wear jerseys. I'm sure we'll get to that in a few weeks. :P
                        -

Comment

...but by late Wednesday, the gloves were off, and there were multiple pages of posts about how BU is a safety school, BC is not in Boston, our priests touched us, BC has no fans, BU fans don't care after the Beanpot ends, BU fans are fanboys, and BC football is not that great. All that was missing was chest-thumping over the fact that BU fans wear jerseys. I'm sure we'll get to that in a few weeks. :P
                          You missed the "you have fat fans too" after everyone was making fun of yankeefat and the fansies posted a pic of a fat guy in a superfan shirt (after which one genius BC fan replied to yankeefat, "this town's not big enough for the two of you, literally").
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm sitting in the Preident's Box for Friday's game so I thought I'd tone it down a bit in the pre-game runup.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              I'm sitting in the Preident's Box for Friday's game so I thought I'd tone it down a bit in the pre-game runup.
                              Just as a headz up, the President nor the Preident of Tiny Tot Diapers gambles.

Comment

Working...
                              X