Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

The battle of the Merrimack Valley

I haven't seen the Mack play this season but have certainly seen their results. Saturday kicks off a 5 games in 15 days Hockey East stretch for the River Hawks.

I know Merrimack is going to be full of confidence coming into Tsongas.
    Let's go Lowell.

Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

In terms of NCAA hopes, this is pretty close to a 'must win' for UML. The MC team has definitely been opening some eyes but UML needs to squelch that, at least for a night.

The confidence that the team is showing right now is great. They're generally making confident passes, being creative in the zone and it's paying off. When encountering adversity, they're weathering it and overcoming it but I don't think we've had a really good test yet, either.

In short, we're in a longish stretch of should/must-win games. This is next on the schedule, time to get it done. Go Hawks!

P.S. I love the Wright, Whetmore, Perreira line. The energy and talent they bring is great and they're only going to improve.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

i agree that it's pretty necessary to win this game but let's keep in mind here that for all the extremely good play, the mack hasn't won a road game yet this year.
      Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Whetmore, Perreira
      who?

Comment

Yes Mack has yet to win a road game but for the exception of Conte Forum they have been at very very hostile environments...

Two games at NoDak
        1 game at Agganis

I think the quick trip down the road to Tsongas might be the first road win for the Warriors. Tsongas is neither very loud nor intimidating. Should be a great game! I'm annoyed I'll be in DC and won't see it.
        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          In terms of NCAA hopes, this is pretty close to a 'must win' for UML. The MC team has definitely been opening some eyes but UML needs to squelch that, at least for a night.
          Only so much as BC, BU, etc are must win. If we figure MC will be in the top 25 at the end of the year then this is important. Other than that, not knowing MC's schedule, we've already played our "must win" NCAA game. It was a loss to UNO. After that its a matter of which teams play the CCHA and WCHA the most.

MC is points we don't want to give up... even if they end up knocking on the door for home ice. They are points we should take. Its the only game this weekend so might as well play hard and take this one.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
            Yes Mack has yet to win a road game but for the exception of Conte Forum they have been at very very hostile environments...

Two games at NoDak
            1 game at Agganis

I think the quick trip down the road to Tsongas might be the first road win for the Warriors. Tsongas is neither very loud nor intimidating. Should be a great game! I'm annoyed I'll be in DC and won't see it.
            you ain't been to tsongas this year i guess

Comment

Lowell has no shot, Cannata is better than Roy, Brodeur, and Dryden among others.
              time to write new history

Comment

For some reason Merrimack never plays well against Lowell right before Thanksgiving. Last season the Warriors had double sessions on Thanksgiving day for dogging it. Although this year the game is on Saturday instead of Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                  For some reason Merrimack never plays
                  since we're talking about events prior to this season, you can stop right there.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                    you ain't been to tsongas this year i guess
                    This is true, I'm sure it's been much louder than usual...but I still dont put it anywhere near Agganis or Engelstad

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                      This is true, I'm sure it's been much louder than usual...but I still dont put it anywhere near Agganis or Engelstad
                      I woudn't put any HE arena anywhere close to Engelstad, including Agganis.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                        I woudn't put any HE arena anywhere close to Engelstad, including Agganis.
                        And I never did, I simply said that Tsongas is no where near Agganis or Engelstad.... not that Agganis was close to Engelstad.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          Lowell has no shot, Cannata is better than Roy, Brodeur, and Dryden among others.
                          You're kidding, right?

Dryden won 20+ games each season at Cornell and posted a GAA below 2.0.

With all due respect to Cannata, and with recognition of the fact that the game is not exactly the same as it was in '65-'69, these two players are in no way comparable.
                          Last edited by dmjossel; 11-16-2009, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
                            You're kidding, right?

With all due respect to Cannata, and with recognition of the fact that the game is not exactly the same as it was in '65-'69, these two players are in no way comparable.
                            I'm pretty sure he was being a smart ***. Or an idiot, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully our resurgent student population continues, we get a good crowd and a nice win. I'm liking the 5 games without a loss, but for now, 6 sounds so much better.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
                              You're kidding, right?

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              I'm pretty sure he was being a smart ***. Or an idiot, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully our resurgent student population continues, we get a good crowd and a nice win. I'm liking the 5 games without a loss, but for now, 6 sounds so much better.
                              He was just reiterating the words of USCHO's bestest poster ever - Hokydad. Just wait!! I'm sure he'll infest...I mean, join in the discussion here given his fan loyalties. Seriously, just wait! It'll be a treat!!

Comment

Working...
                              X