Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin @ SCSU

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I have DISH and have DVRd every game because I like to watch what I may miss at games. There are alternate channels you have to look for. The few that have not been on DISH proper, have been on that Wisconsin channel or TVW which you can get over the air with an antenna*.

*Young dudes; an antenna is a metal "rabbit ear" or "big ring" looking thing you put near your TV or on your roof to pick-up over-the-air TV signals.
    Unless the Huskies are playing against the Gophers, I've never seen an away game on TV..

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
      In other news, the Badgers have 9 pts in the WCHA and the Goofs have 7. Go Duluth.
      Jesus. H. Christ.

You sure you're a student? I've seen more tact and better comebacks out of 7 year old kids.
      Originally posted by solovsfett
      To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Shouldn't it be DFTA?

I thought it was a defense FOR the ages. I'm too lazy to go back and look though.

I mean, if it's gonna become a part of board lore, you need to use it properly and in a consistent manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Shouldn't it be DFTA?

I thought it was a defense FOR the ages. I'm too lazy to go back and look though.

I mean, if it's gonna become a part of board lore, you need to use it properly and in a consistent manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Shouldn't it be DFTA?

That could also stand for Deer Fukkers To Arms!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              I don't recall having any problems with anyone in our fan base. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Badger faithful.
              "If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table..."

Originally posted by Fightingsiouxfan View Post
              Red Baron® WCHA Defensive Player of the Week

Dan Dunn, Jr., G, St. Cloud State
              Aaron Marvin was ROBBED!!!

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
              Unless the Huskies are playing against the Gophers, I've never seen an away game on TV..
              They'll show St. Cloud play in Duluth and Mankato now and then.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Shouldn't it be DFTA?

I think you're right, I think I did call it DFTA, but DOTA works better.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Is that what the gray box means? Someone who is negative giving you negative? HA! I've gotten them before but never really put much thought into it.
                Also, anyone with fewer than 100 posts also only gives gray rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Also, anyone with fewer than 100 posts also only gives gray rep.
                  I give gray rep, because I'm over one hundred-million points in the hole

Comment

I give gray rep, because I'm over one hundred-million points in the hole
                    You're confused about that?
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      You're confused about that?
                      He's confused because he's not used to being in the hole, he's used to the other way around
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Funny how this thread has become about posters more than the hockey itself !

Anyway, I think that Wisconsin, realistically [or should I say, idealistically], is looking to pick up 3 points this weekend. I am actually going to be at the Saturday game, and it's disappointing to hear that Dunn will be starting then, because, from what I've heard at least, he's been pretty good in net for the Huskies, and the Badgers usually don't sweep in St. Cloud [or play like they do on Fridays this year.]

St. Cloud hasn't done anything to "wow" the WCHA: splitting with UND, but also splitting with Tech on the road. If we can keep our goaltenders in order (Bennett on Friday, Goody on Sat, and both playing to their abilities), I don't think 3 points is unachievable, especially if the way the Badgers play on Friday continues, and the things I've heard about Lee being a sieve are true However, by that same token, UW can possibly dominate and win Friday, but have critical lapses and lose Saturday (see: Saturday against the Gophers). I guess it depends which St. Cloud, and Wisconsin team for that matter, shows up. If Wisconsin plays like they did against UAA last weekend, I think the Badgers should be able to manage fairly well against SCSU... but of course, the games are played on the ice, and not on paper or predictions !
                        Either way, I think this should be a very fun weekend of hockey... and remain cautiously optimistic that Wisconsin will come out on top !
                        I literally call in sick to work for Badger hockey !

Comment

Obviously you have not tried very hard then. Last weekends games at UND were on. You get road games at UMD and Mankato. The Friday DU game is going to be on as well and I haven't looked yet, but I would assume at least one of the games at UW will be on.
                          Last edited by scsutommyboy; 11-18-2009, 07:46 AM.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

In honor of Craig Dahl, I'm hoping for a split.
                            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              SCSU is averaging 29.8 Shots on goal against, UW averages 39.4 Shots on goal per game, so i don't think it matters who's in net if your defense doesn't do its job in front blocking shots and clearing out bodies.
                              Wait, so the goalie doesn't matter but the most meaningless stat in hockey (SOG) does? Sweet lucifer this is good stuff....
                              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fired View Post
                                Funny how this thread has become about posters more than the hockey itself !

St. Cloud hasn't done anything to "wow" the WCHA
                                I disagree. I think our split with Union (I know not WCHA but..) and MT both had WOW factor. As in WOW that was sucktacular.
                                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Working...
                                X