Your Chance To Play Video Replay Judge! Enter Your Verdict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Chance To Play Video Replay Judge! Enter Your Verdict

Go here blow it up full screen and watch, I have slowed it down for you.

The facts:

This took place with 44.1 seconds remaining in OT

The referee signaled the goal and the goal light came on when Derek Hanson scored.

The scoreboard never tallied the goal even though signaling took place.

After the arena went nuts with anger, The ref's discussed this for over 10 minutes to finally retract the goal and claim Joel Gaulrapp (#9; the one who was tangled with the goaltender) was in the crease.

The goaltender had time to recover and re-set to his feet before going down again on the shot by Hanson.

The call was man in the crease, not goaltender interference

Things to watch for in the video

Was Kleiman (goalie) & Gaulrapp in the crease at the time of contact?

Did the goaltender pivot his body to trip Gaulrapp intentionally, or did Gaulrapp initiate the contact?

Here is your chance to put on the headphones and watch the replay, you make the call.

Goal or no goal? The fans count on you to make the right call, we all know how valuable NCHA points in this extremely competitive conference.
    Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 11-15-2009, 01:17 PM.
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Re: Your Chance To Play Video Replay Judge! Enter Your Verdict

I say no goal. The interference definitely hurt the goaltenders chances on making that save as he was unable to square up to the shot.

Comment

Stout Player didn`t appear to be aware of where he was at on the rink and simply unintentionally ran into the goalie. Probably a call but bad timing and judgement call. Stout is having a ruff time getting wins. What can you do you gotta move on and get ready for Stevens Pointe. You hope that River Falls will stumble or Norberts will go down

Comment

looks like a goal. sorry stout. but not sorry.
        The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Looks like play should have been stopped when the goalie went down. The stout player appeared to skate into the goalie. Having said that, if the ref chose not to stop play on a call of goal tender interference, the rest of the play was clean, and the goal should have been allowed. No whistle, play goes on.

To me, it looks like a makeup call. The ref(s) didn't call what they decided (after the fact) should have been a call, and then made it up by not allowing a goal.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

If you actually watch the video you can see the goalie coming out and on the edge of the crease meaning Gaulrapp is not in the crease. The goalie also moves his leg down and sticks his arm out to clip Gaulrapp which should be tripping. The goalie was also back on his feet and had time to reset. Goal.
            Last edited by Fritz62; 11-15-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post

To me, it looks like a makeup call. The ref(s) didn't call what they decided (after the fact) should have been a call, and then made it up by not allowing a goal.
              God help us if that's the way every referee made important decisions
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

First off Joel number 9 was facing the other way he was not in the crease ever to what I See. That was the call. That is the way it goes though. If we had replay in college hockey it would be a goal. That is the way it goes its over and we will go on to next week and take care of point.

Comment

I watch this and easily see Kleiman trip Gaulrapp. Maybe it's because I'm a former goaltender myself and just see what is happening from my experiences.

Watch the goaltender, not the play. As Gaulrapp comes across Kleiman sticks out his blocker arm in front of Gaulrapp and at the same exact time you'll see his right leg collapse inward as he trips Gaulrapp.

This happened outside the crease so the call they made is null, and even if they tried goaltender interference as the call, Kleiman clearly initiated the contact with Gaulrapp on a blatant trip outside the crease

Am I the only one seeing this? Those who listen to our broadcasts often know I'm not a homer.

A bad call is a bad call.
                  WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                  NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                  WIAC Championships: 10-11
                  NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                  NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    God help us if that's the way every referee made important decisions
                    Unfortunately, too many of them do exactly that. It's like did I see that? Yes? No? ... no call ... oooops maybe I should have ... well here's a chance... tweet!

Some refs are much more likely to do so than others -- But as I said if there was no call in the first place that's got to be a goal.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Bad call. Since they did not call the goaltender interference, there was no grounds for in the crease. The player in question was in the opposite face-off circle at the time of the shot.

Here's the NCAA rules for disallowing a goal:

A goal shall not be allowed in any of the following cases:
                      1. If an attacking player strikes the puck with a stick when the puck is
                      above the height of the crossbar of the goal frame (4 feet [1.22m]);
                      2. If the puck has been thrown or batted into the goal;
                      3. If the attacking team has committed a foul that assisted in the making
                      of a goal;
                      4. If the attacking team had too many players on the ice at the time the
                      goal was scored;
                      5. If the goal was contributed to by a nonplayer;
                      6. If the puck hits an official and goes directly into the net (see 6-43);
                      7. If any member of the attacking team (other than the player in
                      possession of the puck) was in or skating through the goal crease
                      when the goal was scored from outside the crease, unless:
                      i. The goalkeeper was outside the crease when the puck entered the
                      net; or
                      ii. An attacking player was in the crease but, in the opinion of the
                      official, did not prevent the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

8. If the puck entered the net by an attacking player carrying the puck
                      into the cage upon any part of the body, or kicking the puck into the
                      cage;
                      9. If the puck entered the net after an on-ice official (by blowing the
                      whistle) or timekeeper has signaled play to stop;
                      10. If an attacking player propels the puck illegally with the stick, and it
                      deflects off any player into the net;
                      11. If a linesman reports to a referee any conduct calling for a time
                      penalty and the referee concurs with the report, any goal scored by
                      the offending team after the infraction shall not be allowed;
                      12. If the goal cage has been moved or dislodged. The goal frame is
                      considered to be displaced if any portion of the goal frame is not in
                      its proper position (e.g., Frame must be completely flat on the ice
                      surface, goal posts must be in proper place and affixed securely in
                      place with its pegs.).
                      13. If the puck is between the goalkeeper’s pads or lodged in the
                      equipment and is carried over the goal line by an opponent propelling
                      the goalkeeper into the cage; and
                      14. If the puck enters the defending team’s goal during a delayed offside,
                      the goal is disallowed. The faceoff will be in the neutral zone at the
                      faceoff spot nearest the attacking zone of the offending team, if the
                      puck was “carried” offside. The faceoff shall be at spot in the zone
                      of the origin of the pass, if passed offside.

Comment

This is just further proof that the referees in the NCHA do not know what they are doing. I happened to be at the River/EC game this Saturday and watched the officiating team turn what could have been a great game with teams going back and forth into an anti-climactic finish because they got stuck making make up calls all night. There were a number of times where River Falls had calls against them that were extremely weak as well as the interference call in overtime against EC which was a complete joke (1:40 left in OT). Kovarik and Bauer??? looked completely lost with the calls they were making and were inconsistent all game. I have also watched many Point games get out of hand because of the officiating crew making weak calls and disrupting the flow of a good, fast, physical (typical NCHA) game. Being that the officials are so called professionals at their craft, do they or their games get reviewed by anyone?

Comment

It was a horrible reversal... the call was bad too, but it was made far worse by the way it was handled by the refs. Had Parker come blazing up to the referee who called the goal and talked to him, then the reversal.... well then just a bad call.
                          Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                          2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                          2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                          2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                          "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

It's a goal. In Canada anyways where the game was created.
                            OSWEGO LAKER'S 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPS

"Dukester" 2009-10 Sunyac Pick'em Champion

"Dukester" 2005 - 06 Sunyac Pick'em Champion

Comment

Should have been a goal. It would have been incorrect had they whistled it immediately for a man in the crease and taken the faceoff out of the zone before Stout even had a chance to get off a shot, but at least it would have been a more forgivable error. To watch the goal be scored after everyone had recovered from the inadvertant contact and wave it off well after the fact just looks bad.
                              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                              X