Friday 11/13/09 scores. Triskaidekaphobia has me all a Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 11/13/09 scores. Triskaidekaphobia has me all a Twitter

First game is @ 5 PM with Wentworth taking on Worcester State in the IC Credit Union Challenge at Fitchburg. All the challange games can be watched for free on MASCAC-TV.

Post 'em as you get them. Tweet them to #d3hockeyscores, and links to broadcasts are always appreciated.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Friday 11/13/09 scores. Triskaidekaphobia has me all a Twitter

I love Friday the 13th.

Funny story -- my paternal grandmother was an extremely superstitious person (what makes that so ironic is my father, an aerospace engineer, has one of the most logical, nonemotional minds who loves reading all those magazines that rebut non-scientific myths and legends), but she always declared Friday the 13th as her lucky day. Her belief was that if you declare it a good luck day, nothing bad can happen. Which just goes to show how assinine all "stupidstitions" are in the first place.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Today is my Birthday and I will tell you that in the past my Friday the 13th b-days have been great. That’s why Green and Gold from the shores of Lake Ontario will once again get the W tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        I love Friday the 13th.

Funny story -- my paternal grandmother was an extremely superstitious person (what makes that so ironic is my father, an aerospace engineer, has one of the most logical, nonemotional minds who loves reading all those magazines that rebut non-scientific myths and legends), but she always declared Friday the 13th as her lucky day. Her belief was that if you declare it a good luck day, nothing bad can happen. Which just goes to show how assinine all "stupidstitions" are in the first place.

Even when I was a kid I always wore #13 just to spite superstition. What a crutch for the weak-minded they are...

Speaking of something quasi-paranormal, I was recently told that about ten years ago someone shot and killed themself in my house while playing russian roulette. The neighbor claims this place is haunted.

Million bucks says I never notice anything out of the ordinary. What a joke.

I will point out that even though its not, it would be awesome if bigfoot were real.
        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Coverage of Oswego @ Cortland starts around 6:20 on WNYO.
          WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
            Even when I was a kid I always wore #13 just to spite superstition. What a crutch for the weak-minded they are...

Speaking of something quasi-paranormal, I was recently told that about ten years ago someone shot and killed themself in my house while playing russian roulette. The neighbor claims this place is haunted.

Million bucks says I never notice anything out of the ordinary. What a joke.

I will point out that even though its not, it would be awesome if bigfoot were real.
            I think he works in the BU (Boston, not Bethel) Athletic Department.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by laker30 View Post
              Today is my Birthday and I will tell you that in the past my Friday the 13th b-days have been great. That’s why Green and Gold from the shores of Lake Ontario will once again get the W tonight.
              Happy Birthday and Go Great Lakers! Famous #13's include Dan Marino and Wilt Chamberlin. Where do you live in Roch anyway? I grew up in Penfield, but that was many moons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                Happy Birthday and Go Great Lakers! Famous #13's include Dan Marino and Wilt Chamberlin. Where do you live in Roch anyway? I grew up in Penfield, but that was many moons ago.
                That's where nysportsfan is from.

Comment

Off topic I know, but with all this talk about the "number 13" I have to ask. Where exactly did they put floor #13 in the "High Rise Buildings"?
                  Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                  Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                  Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

#6 Neumann 2-1-1 (0-1-1) @ #15 Elmira 3-2-0 (0-0-0)

Elmira: Live Stats

possible Elmira Radio?: http://www.welm1410.com/

Elmira Live Video: www.fasthockey.com

Doesn't look like Neumann is sending their video crew to Elmira, instead looks like they are staying at home and broadcasting the Oswego/Neumann women's games.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                      Off topic I know, but with all this talk about the "number 13" I have to ask. Where exactly did they put floor #13 in the "High Rise Buildings"?
                      It's still there. The idiots just call it floor #14.
                      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

BTW- we need to get this 3 hour until first faceoff rule back into place.

The **** CCCP'ers keep ***** it up
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Victor,Not far from Penfield. Great place to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                            That's where nysportsfan is from.
                            Must be a great guy then.

Comment

Must be a great guy then.
                              Meh...he's alright I guess

He was my roommate/suitemate for two years at Oswego.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X