Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota's New Code of Fan Conduct

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    Right if it weren't for the 11 thousand crazy hockey fans the Ralph would be a more civilized place to see a game.
    Exactly. Same goes for the Mooch.

It's definitely not a problem at Tech. The five fans that attend games there are pretty nice.

And it's certainly not a problem at UAA. They treat visiting fans like royalty up there.
    Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
      And it's certainly not a problem at UAA. They treat visiting fans like royalty up there.
      They might not be too amicable towards visiting fans from UAF. I know I wouldn't be too pleased with people if they sent a giant space bear to blow up my city.

Comment

And whine about the other team's newspaper coverage.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, one that michigan should adopt.
          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Within the last two years, Tech has implemented a prerecorded "Captain's Message" which is played immediately prior to the National Anthem. Basically, the current team captain just recites your run-of-the-mill "sportsmanship" script.

This was done in addition to our arena announcer continuing to remind fans about the rules of the arena right before the opening faceoff (limited mostly to a strict "no smoking" policy) and to treat all fans, coaches and players with respect, blah, blah, blah...all while the Misfits are standing directly above the scorer's table and are busy yelling "SIEVE!" at the opposing goaltender.

I'm convinced you can bring in any type of sign/gimmick and get away with yelling just about anything at the MacInnes, as long as the mother of an opposing player doesn't get her panties in a bunch and whine to the arena staff. Therefore, I'm quite happy with the way the Misfits conduct themselves in spite of the lack of rules and arena cops, because there's nothing more unoriginal than using profanity simply because you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              In 2005, I was actually taken aside and lectured by DU rink staff for cheering my own team too loudly (although completely cleanly) for a neighboring fan's liking...
              Part of DU's decades long tradition of making sure as few people as possible have a good time.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

that's for sure!
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Part of DU's decades long tradition of making sure as few people as possible have a good time.
                  You won't be the only ones on that wagon if this "Code of Conduct" is strictly enforced. I'm just not sure how much I am willing to spend if I know I'm going to get thrown out for dropping the F bomb after Kristo misses the net on the power play.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

UND & Engelstad Arena didn't just have a "Kumbaya" moment this week and issue "Fan Code of Conduct" because a couple of bloggers and newspapers jumped on their back.

A fan almost lost his life in the Parking Lot. It could of happened at any WCHA arena or any NCAA school. The Code of Conduct is designed to prevent violent incidents and hopefully lead to a better fan experience. UND is to be commended for acting swiftly and comprehensively on this issue. Kudos to them.

You better believe UND will enforce these policies because there is still the matter of a lawsuit or two to resolve over the parking lot incident.

That being said, I'd expect these policies to make for better game night experience and that is why every WCHA school should jump on this bandwagon. Its a no-brainer.

Should fans "Sieve" the opposing goaltender? By all means. But it also gives the fans the right to not be harassed or bullied, all without having to miss any of the game.
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 11-12-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

There is no need to swear at games. It is just a game and not life and death.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        I curse in all sorts of situations and environments that aren't life and death.

Comment

Absolutely correct.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

But can I swear at home?

Comment

So, in that case if i gamble my life on whether or not the sioux win, then i can swear all i want?

Comment

Fans will be courteous to visiting teams and guests. We will cheer for the Sioux, not against our opponents.
                                Hmm... pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X