X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    I know all you WCHA folks like to tout the NCAA tournament as the "WCHA invitational" but would any of you mind taking a break from your circle jerk to give a couple of opinions on the CCHA.

I understand the pairwise, but I'm not as good at predicting the future and noticing the trends like many of you. I know Miami is the only CCHA team that is solidly in the tournament. As for Michigan State and Ferris, what is the ceiling for them (without winning the league tournament)?
    Originally posted by profoster View Post
    CCHA Teams in contention for an NCAA birth.

Miami - LOCK
    Ferris State - Good chance with 3 or 4 more wins
    Michigan State - Maybe - Need 4 wins+
    Northern Michigan and Nebraska-Omaha - Need lots of help (probably need to win out, might survive a loss in championship game, or beat a strong opponent in 3rd place game).

I would wager we get two teams in the tournament with an outside chance of a 3rd tournament berth if someone really heats up late.
    Any reason that UA_ is being ignored?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
      I think when all is said and done...... after all of the conference tournaments are compleated, you will see Bemidji State as the number 1 seed in Saint Paul.
      Big games this weekend toward determining that. Blais has UNO rolling at just the right time. Since I have divided loyalties, I'm hoping for a split.
      Schizophrenic Bemidji/Minnesota/UNO Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
        Agreed. I'd love going to Albany for this bracket.
        Didn't Yale tie the badgers this year. I thought they completely dominated that game too and the shots were something like 45-25. As a Yale fan I would also personally love this regional.
        Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife View Post
          Didn't Yale tie the badgers this year. I thought they completely dominated that game too and the shots were something like 45-25. As a Yale fan I would also personally love this regional.
          Kind of useless to get into this over a game that might never happen, but for what it's worth, the Badgers did have 3 players at the World Juniors for that game.

Comment

I was impressed by yale in that game, i thought they were fast and played a lot harder then the badgers. BUt remember one thing about that weekend.

UW players gone to the world Juniors. Derek Stepan (F) (8-29-37pts), Jake Gardiner (D) (3-4-7, +12,) John Ramage (D) (2-8-10pts, +14) Although Gardiner and Ramage are not huge point guys that disrupted 2 of our defensive pairings in result UW only dressed 5 d-man against Yale. Stepan is a key part of our top 6 forwards both 5-5, on the PP and PK. So as impressive as Yale was in that game, UW was missing some key defensive players which allowed yale to get a lot of puck on net and yale still had to score late to tie the game. But I do think Yale should be in the running for a #1 seed...
            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Originally posted by profoster View Post
              CCHA Teams in contention for an NCAA birth.

Miami - LOCK
              Ferris State - Good chance with 3 or 4 more wins
              Michigan State - Maybe - Need 4 wins+
              Northern Michigan and Nebraska-Omaha - Need lots of help (probably need to win out, might survive a loss in championship game, or beat a strong opponent in 3rd place game).

I would wager we get two teams in the tournament with an outside chance of a 3rd tournament berth if someone really heats up late.
              One thing I learned the hard way last year is that sometimes the PWR makes no sense. Witness UAF eliminating Ohio State in the CCHA playoffs last season; the NCAA's response was to send OSU to the tournament, where they promptly got blasted by BU.

I guess if you're a bubble team, come to Fairbanks and lose a couple of games to us!

And assuming we can keep Anchorage from taking a giant dump all over our season again, and win our first round home series, we might just still be in the hunt in mid-March.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Yeah when we were missing two defensemen (Jake Gadiner, first round NHL draft pick, and John Ramage) as well as a forward (Derek Stepan, second round NHL draft pick) who were gone at the World Junior Championship.

Edit: Apparently I was beaten to the punch...by two posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I think despite their current RPI ranking, they have the toughest road to the tournament out of the remaining teams. They will be playing Alaska-Ancourage this weekend where they can only suffer in the RPI. The best they can hope for is two wins and hope to maintain their current standing. The 2nd thing I have against them is they will be in all likelyhood be drawing Western Michigan or Bowling Green in the first round of the CCHA playoffs, again not helping the RPI. A loss in any of those games could be fatal to their chances (they are not out of it, but they have a long road ahead of them).

Nebraska-Omaha has the most room for improvement this weekend with a big home series against Bemidji State. I think even a split will improve their RPI rankings.

I should add that I would like to see these teams win their non-conference games this weekend! It can only benefit all the teams in the CCHA in the long run.
                  Last edited by profoster; 02-23-2010, 10:49 AM.
                  LIFE LONG NMU FAN & ALUMNI.

Comment

Jayson's bracketology is the same as my second (reducing flights for #1 seeds)

Code:
                    Albany			Worcester		Fort Wayne	St. Paul
                    Wisconsin		Denver			Miami		St Cloud
                    Yale			UND			BC		Bemidji
                    Alaska			UNH			MSU		UMD
                    Cornell			AHA Champ		Union		Ferris

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Jayson's bracketology is the same as my second (reducing flights for #1 seeds)

Code:
                      Wisconsin		Denver			Miami		St Cloud
                      Yale			UND			BC		Bemidji
                      Alaska			UNH			MSU		UMD
                      Cornell			AHA Champ		Union		Ferris
                      Well, apparently Moy forgot to notice that for the first time in who knows how long Miami is #2 instead of #1. Curious if he'd still send Denver to Worcester if he swapped that. Eh, he probably still would with that St Paul attendance.
                      Last edited by mcfarljd; 02-24-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        Well, apparently Moy forgot to notice that for the first time in who knows how long Miami is #2 instead of #1. Curious if he'd still send Denver to Worcester if he swapped that. Eh, he probably still would with that St Paul attendance.
                        He forgot in the first part, but when he is placing the teams he has it correct. Simple oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          He forgot in the first part, but when he is placing the teams he has it correct. Simple oversight.
                          OOps, youre right, sorry I just scanned. Seeing "Union" next to Miami really threw me off honestly, yea he's got the Pios with RIT so looks like he just switched them at the top.

Comment

Today's Bracketology:

Code:
                            Wisconsin		Denver		        Miami		St Cloud
                            Yale			UND			BC		Bemidji
                            MSU			UNH			Cornell		Alaska
                            NMU			AHA Champ		Vermont		Ferris
                            A slight modification could be made by switching the BC/Cornell game and the Yale/MSU game to help attendance in both Albany and Fort Wayne.

The TUC line:

Code:
                            21	Northeastern	0.5244
                            22	Nebraska	0.5210
                            23	Mass.-Lowell	0.5208
                            24	Michigan	0.5185
                            25	Boston U	0.5149
                            ---
                            26	Massachusetts	0.5108
                            27	Merrimack	0.5094
                            28	Lake Superior	0.5073
                            29	Minnesota State	0.5044
                            30	RIT	        0.5025

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Today's Bracketology:
                              Does it bother anybody that, plausibly, Vermont could miss the HEA tournament and yet make the NCAAs. Man, this year is screwed up.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Does it bother anybody that, plausibly, Vermont could miss the HEA tournament and yet make the NCAAs. Man, this year is screwed up.
                                Not one bit (although I am biased). We scheduled a difficult non-conference schedule and performed well against top 10 teams in the PWR (Denver, Yale, UMD). We are just as frustrated by our poor performance in the league.

However...if we do miss the HEA tournament, it will likely be caused by the team losing 2 of the next 3 games, which would knock us out of the top 13 in the PWR and out of NCAA consideration. So it is really a moot point.

Comment

Working...
                                X