BU-Merrimack 11/13 and 11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-Merrimack 11/13 and 11/14

Who ever thought at this point of the season that these two games are must-wins for BU?

Re: BU-Merrimack 11/13 and 11/14

not so sure on that one, but i do know that i didn't think that MC might actually give the terriers a run for their money. I'm excited that they should be two competitive games
    "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyJM1902 View Post
      not so sure on that one, but i do know that i didn't think that MC might actually give the terriers a run for their money. I'm excited that they should be two competitive games
      That's the problem. If BU had talent and will to win and somehow had arrived at a 2-5 record with normal Merrimack, I'd say BU blows them out twice. But instead BU is probably a little unsure of what kind of team they are and Merrimack has had a decent start and a pretty good team. Should be close games.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Missed the games last weekend, is Gryba expected to play? If so, any bets on if he holds a grudge from last year's games?

Comment

If he does, he better let it go. We don't need him taking stupid penalties with the way this team is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            Missed the games last weekend, is Gryba expected to play? If so, any bets on if he holds a grudge from last year's games?
            He played both games over the weekend, so I'd expect Gryba in the lineup this weekend. I think there are more pressing things for him and the rest of the team to focus on (scoring goals and playing disciplined hockey). As far as I'm concerned, the grudge was settled in the 2nd game @ Merrimack last January (win #800 for Jack) in that it was a clean game.

Comment

Given the way the two teams are playing, I'd feel better if you told me the game was close than a blow-out
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I'd assume MC splits the goalies again this weekend and I wonder what the 2 week layover really does if anything.
                I wouldn't expect much carry over from the game last year as there was hardly any carryover the following night.

Comment

I'd say sweep for Merrimack. BU's gonna fight the losses, but I dont see them getting many calls from the ref's this weekend.

Comment

I would think that JP should shake up the BU lineup this weekend. Somethings gotta give. At this point, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
                      I would think that JP should shake up the BU lineup this weekend. Somethings gotta give. At this point, why not?
                      i would disagree with that. I think parker should leave things as is...Merrimack is a better team than last year but in no way has the talent level that BU has...leave the lineup alone and see if the terriers can get things together against the warriors. Shaking up the lines can cause more harm than good in a situation like this

Not to mention merrimack coming off a weekend of no games means that there will be a little bit of rust to work off in the first period. It is better to have lines with chemistry going rather than a whole new set up.
                      "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
                        I will have to disagree. The lineups have been shaken up just about every week due to injuries and just the regular shake up whenever you get new freshmen. It is time to keep some lines the same to help develop some normalcy and chemistry if there is any there.

Comment

so I guess the pee wee hockey chant isn't in the repertoire for these games
                          Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                          when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                          "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                            so I guess the pee wee hockey chant isn't in the repertoire for these games
                            Why not? It fits BU perfectly.

Comment

Neither is You Are Merrimack
                              time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                              X