BU-Merrimack 11/13 and 11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU-Merrimack 11/13 and 11/14

For my $15, Friday night will be a very interesting game and probaby the most intriguing matchup. I'm looking forward to watching this game to I would imagine a packed Volpe Complex/Lawler Arena.

Any Lowell fans like myself not making the HSV trip going to this?
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

From what I've heard Merrimack has been drawing a fair amount of students and of course the team's early success should bring out some more. BU will travel well as always so hopefully it is a packed house.

Friday: BU 3 MC 2 OT
      Saturday: BU 4 MC 1

Comment

I'm not sure why so many people are picking MC to lose big at Agganis...it's clear from the North Dakota games that large loud crowds don't phase them. They were one star forward *cough* da costa *cough* (a story i wont get into here) from winning.
        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
          I'm not sure why so many people are picking MC to lose big at Agganis...it's clear from the North Dakota games that large loud crowds don't phase them. They were one star forward *cough* da costa *cough* (a story i wont get into here) from winning.
          It's not so much Merrimack than BU. I'm thinking that Friday night will be a close game, and regardless of whether BU gets 2 points or zero, they'll see how hard they need to work against every single opponent this year and (finally?) come out flying and win every battle.
          Boston University 2009 Champs
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Not sure if people are interested in this but I interviewed Chris Barton for my blog and he talked a little about the MC/BU series.

http://www.sportsjuke.com/2009/11/in...h-captain.html

Originally posted by Interview
            1) Last season Merrimack missed out on the Hockey East playoffs but finished the season strong. Is there a different mindset that has led to the early season success?

I think overall we have more skill and depth than we have ever had in recent years. The mindset is not much different than in the past. We have always strived to win but I think this year we have more guys who know how to win. Many guys this year have won championships in the past with their other teams. We have a long way to go but it is nice to see some of the hard work over the years paying off.

2) You are from Calgary. What was the appeal of attending an American college versus playing in the Canadian Hockey League?

As far as me coming to Merrimack, I have always wanted to recieve a scholarship to the US to play hockey. As far as Canadian Colleges go; you either play in Major Junior in Canada or you go to the States on scholarship. After major junior if you do not turn pro then you attend canadian universities. I am honored to be playing hockey in the states as many of my prior teamates did not get the chance that I did.

3) In your opinion what will it take for this season to be considered a success?

For this season to be considered a success we need to first of all make the playoffs. Secondly, move forward as deep as we can in the playoffs and finally our ultimate goal is to win a hockey east championship. We have a long way to go to reach our ultimate goal and we will continue to work hard and get better every day to accomplish our goal.

4) You are one of the top scorers in Hockey East with seven goals and three assists. Any secret to the offensive production?

No secret but just want to continue to contribute to help our team win. My success thus far is not only because of me but because of the help from my teamates, after all it is a team game.

5) Which NHL player would you say you play a similar style as?

Thats a tough question but maybe someone like Marco Sturm or Marc Savard.

Word association. Say the first thing that comes to mind.
            The new Merrimack jerseys: Sharp

Two games with BU this weekend: Battle

Upsetting BC and Vermont: Fun

Change one Hockey East rule: Allow fighting

Megan Fox or Bar Rafaeli: Megan Fox
            Merrimack College Warriors
            Boston Bruins Hockey
            Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
            Old-time hockey, bar the door
            Clear the track it's all-out war
            Light the lamp, throw a hit
            Black and gold never quit
            The barn is full, our team's in town
            So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
            Drop the puck, it's time to go"
            -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
            Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by warriors16 View Post
              From what I've heard Merrimack has been drawing a fair amount of students and of course the team's early success should bring out some more. BU will travel well as always so hopefully it is a packed house.
              The Athletic Dept is trying to do a whiteout on Friday.

Comment

Shouldn't that be a yellow-out??

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                  My guess was that it was an NCAA Clearinghouse thing. It wasn't?
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                    Shouldn't that be a yellow-out??
                    Yes but then again the Penguins have white-outs...when the other team is wearing white.

MC needs a minimum of a split to be considered legit and for that matter should really get at least 3 points. Be interested to see who gets the start tonight and tomorrow as I'm sure they'll split but I wonder who starts at home. Let's go mack

Comment

A reminder to BU and Merrimack fans alike that we'll be live blogging both games this weekend (assuming we actually get internet at Merrimack). Link to blog in my sig.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Lots of excitement about the games this weekend...

Comment

Go Merrimack!
                          You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                          ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                          ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                          ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            A reminder to BU and Merrimack fans alike that we'll be live blogging both games this weekend (assuming we actually get internet at Merrimack). Link to blog in my sig.
                            Mike McMahon at warriorrinkrat blogs Merrimack games as well. Just in case people would like a different perspective....

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                              Mike McMahon at warriorrinkrat blogs Merrimack games as well. Just in case people would like a different perspective....
                              So... they do have the interweb at the J. Thom?
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                So... they do have the interweb at the J. Thom?
                                Just not a functioning scoreboard

Comment

Working...
                                X