Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do home football games help your home hockey attendance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do home football games help your home hockey attendance?

I have hear both positives and negatives on whether home football games on Saturday afternoons help or hurt hockey game attendance on Saturday night? Or is there no correlation?

Re: Do home football games help your home hockey attendance?

If the football game is on a saturday night, they kill saturday night attendance for minnesota...

If the football game is early I don't really notice a difference.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

NU hockey outdraws NU football so it's likely a terrible judge. Homecoming is always done on a hockey home weekend and that I guess smally helps with football...
      MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        If the football game is on a saturday night, they kill saturday night attendance for minnesota...

If the football game is early I don't really notice a difference.
        They don't schedule home games for both MN football/hockey on the same day I thought (see: UAA series in hockey).

But except for that fact, I think it's two different crowds that are big enough to support both, given the size of the school.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          They don't schedule home games for both MN football/hockey on the same day I thought (see: UAA series in hockey).

But except for that fact, I think it's two different crowds that are big enough to support both, given the size of the school.
          Yeah. So indeed, it kills saturday night attendance
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You're in for a big surprise this Saturday, then.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
              You're in for a big surprise this Saturday, then.
              For real???? (I don't care about MN football)

And dxmnkd, whoops. My meter was off. It's fixed now.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And dxmnkd, whoops. My meter was off. It's fixed now.
                haha, no worries. Mine is faulty most of the time. I'll probably make an *** of myself at least two or three times between here and gpl.
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  haha, no worries. Mine is faulty most of the time. I'll probably make an *** of myself at least two or three times between here and gpl.
                  My mind is on NFL on Sundays, and there are very few things that would distract me (hell, a woman who's a "5" wouldn't distract me, and this is ME we're talking about).

So, in short, I'm off today.

Comment

When football, basketball, and hockey are all at home the same weekend, the overlap in parking keeps them from being able to give football its own day.

Comment

When football, basketball, and hockey are all at home the same weekend, the overlap in parking keeps them from being able to give football its own day.
                      That is why they schedule the way they do.

But either way, MN football plays at home? Guess they don't consider BSU to be a strong draw (I'd think it'd be better than MSU-M, UAA, the CO schools, etc,).

Comment

That is why they schedule the way they do.

But either way, MN football plays at home? Guess they don't consider BSU to be a strong draw (I'd think it'd be better than MSU-M, UAA, the CO schools, etc,).
                        Football is hosting SDSU. I'd make a joke about it being a powerhouse weekend if Bemidji weren't better than the Gophers right now (which is plenty funny on its own).

Comment

Football is hosting SDSU. I'd make a joke about it being a powerhouse weekend if Bemidji weren't better than the Gophers right now (which is plenty funny on its own).
                          And I bet SDSU is favored.

Comment

Football? Clarkson doesn't have that sport.

However, as a season ticket holder at Army, I can tell you that home football has absolutely no attendance effect on hockey, despite the fact that the venues are practically connected.
                            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                            7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

At Miami, a Saturday afternoon football game on the same day as a home ice hockey game simply means that, instead of attending the football game, the students will be down at the Goggin Ice Center standing in line.
                              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                              X