Wildcats @ Fighting Irish Nov.14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcats @ Fighting Irish Nov.14-15

The Cats come off a road split at OSU, the Irish just split at UA.

Discuss.

Re: Wildcats @ Fighting Irish Nov.14-15

NMU looked (or, rather sounded) pretty strong this past weekend. They hung with Miami pretty well for all but 1 period two weekends ago. My head says split again on this one.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Remember the time change for the Saturday game. It will start at 5:05 pm, with Sunday's faceoff set for 4:05 pm. The Saturday change, I'm guessing, is due to the 8 pm start of the Notre Dame at Pitt football game.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Is Notre Dame having a down year or are they just off to a slow start?

I would be extremely happy about a split this weekend, or any weekend on the road for that matter.
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

A feature on former NMU and olympic hockey player Eric Le Marque, plus recap and analysis of NMU hockey's weekend series with Ohio State, plus a look ahead to Notre Dame.

******* width="445" height="364">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZhrNHQ41IA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZhrNHQ41IA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

The Cats are capable of taking a few points away from the Irish. Play solid defense, stay out of the box, work on PK/PP capabilities, and PLAY 60 MINUTES OF HOCKEY.

Determination, Hard work and effort, and Hockey grit can get this team back to where to ought to be.

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
              The Cats are capable of taking a few points away from the Irish. Play solid defense, stay out of the box, work on PK/PP capabilities, and PLAY 60 MINUTES OF HOCKEY.

Determination, Hard work and effort, and Hockey grit can get this team back to where to ought to be.

LETS GO CATS!!!!
              Great work on the special teams this weekend for the 'Cats. I forgot to mention this in the show, but NMU was 5/5 in killing off the OSU powerplay. That brings them to 80% on the season...good for 35th in the nation.

NMU was 2-7 on the PP, I cant recall the % but it is good for 15th in the Nation. Notre Dame has a Top 10 Penalty Kill, and a Powerplay on par with ours. Its going to be a tough week, but I see these games coming out to who can convert on the powerplay.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Great series last weekend. I think were about to see a turnaround by the end of the month. We'll split this weekend with some grid and determination. Penalty situation is improving and I think by December we will see our Cats take two against State to begin our 2nd half tradition of having a great season run. Someone else besides Olver needs to step up though. Go Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                  Great work on the special teams this weekend for the 'Cats. I forgot to mention this in the show, but NMU was 5/5 in killing off the OSU powerplay. That brings them to 80% on the season...good for 35th in the nation.

NMU was 2-7 on the PP, I cant recall the % but it is good for 15th in the Nation. Notre Dame has a Top 10 Penalty Kill, and a Powerplay on par with ours. Its going to be a tough week, but I see these games coming out to who can convert on the powerplay.
                  And that last statement there makes what I've been yelling all year all the more true--STAY OUT OF THE FARKING BOX!
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Yeah, a November run would be something altogether different and very nice. A win at Notre Dame is likely and a sweep of UNO a distinct possibility. Follow those two weekends up with Alaska and MSU whom NMU fares well against and we could be one of the hottest teams in the country before Christmas!!!

This is where my expectations get the best of me. My rationale is that NMU IS CAPABLE of doing this. They have to believe and already they are growing.

Go Cats Go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                      Yeah, a November run would be something altogether different and very nice. A win at Notre Dame is likely and a sweep of UNO a distinct possibility. Follow those two weekends up with Alaska and MSU whom NMU fares well against and we could be one of the hottest teams in the country before Christmas!!!

This is where my expectations get the best of me. My rationale is that NMU IS CAPABLE of doing this. They have to believe and already they are growing.

Go Cats Go!!!
                      MOJO,

Sent an email a few weeks ago, would love to make a trip to see O-Town (NMU Grad/Hockey Player with Las Vegas Wranglers) bring back some good Memories of the last regional the Cats went to in Madtown.

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                        ... NMU was 5/5 in killing off the OSU powerplay...
                        Our Sisters of Mercy Blind Team could shut down our PP... I think we are at a stellar 10% or so (including a couple of 5-on-3 goals). If you take into consideration the shorties given up this year (3? 4?), it is a dismal picture indeed...

(Sorry - I did not mean to dampen your enthusiasm. It's just really frustrating having such a crappy PP)
                        Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post

Go Cats Go!!!

Mojo, I look forward to the 20-21st..... "distinct possibility"!!!! Beat the drum, Grill the brats, we're gonna have a tail gate.

Spirit Phone 2009-2010 is on the line.

Comment

Kujo, O'town is back in B.C. I think his playing days are over for the most part. I'd love to still make that Vegas trip though!!! Glad to hear things are going well over there. I think you should appreciated that boredom versus the alternative.

NoClu, yes...I'm gearing up for your arrival. It won't be the same with Coach Kemp not behind the bench but hopefully he'll make the trip. I'm not gifting Blais with anything because I have a great dislike for his lookalike (David Letterman)!!! As for "The Spirit Phone", it has been in good hands for the last couple of years and will likely stay in Marquette for years to come...although a long trip to Omaha in February will give you the last chance to touch it because of your pending departure to the WCHA.

Comment

Pick to Click is up!

And with a dirty subtitle
                              sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                              streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                              TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Working...
                              X