Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wildcats @ Fighting Irish Nov.14-15

Follow us on the road at Twitter.com/daveonthepoint

we'll send updates and photos as the Cats make their way to South Bend to battle Notre Dame
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Is anyone aware of TV coverage that we can pick up on the net for this series?

EDIT: Cancel that question. Saturday's 5:05pm game is televised for free on www.und.com. Sunday's game will not have the same offer. It will not be televised.
      Last edited by profoster; 11-13-2009, 08:16 AM.
      LIFE LONG NMU FAN & ALUMNI.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        we'll send updates and photos as the Cats make their way to South Bend to battle Notre Dame
        Don't forget to have a pint (and some awesome Irish stew) at Fiddler's Hearth. If you're staying overnight, Nick's Patio has great (and cheap) breakfasts. And...we now have a Gino's East, so if it's pizza you're craving, brave the Grape Road cluster**** and have a pie! Safe travels to all who venture south of the (Michigan) border.

Stop and say, "Hey," if you want. I'm over the tunnel where the players come out.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
          Don't forget to have a pint (and some awesome Irish stew) at Fiddler's Hearth. If you're staying overnight, Nick's Patio has great (and cheap) breakfasts. And...we now have a Gino's East, so if it's pizza you're craving, brave the Grape Road cluster**** and have a pie! Safe travels to all who venture south of the (Michigan) border.

Stop and say, "Hey," if you want. I'm over the tunnel where the players come out.

Considering the fact that Dave is the voice of the Wildcats he will have to just waive to you from the press box.

What's up with ND this year? They don't seem as strong as in years past. Is this a rebuilding year for them?
          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
            Considering the fact that Dave is the voice of the Wildcats he will have to just waive to you from the press box.

What's up with ND this year? They don't seem as strong as in years past. Is this a rebuilding year for them?
            While I didn't know who he was, I meant for any NMU poster. Not just the famous ones.

I wouldn't consider it a rebuilding year. They're not clicking. I blame the mild summer. I have the utmost faith that come Xmas, I will have forgotten their truly forgettable start to this season.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Thanks for the tips JJFP! Any worthwhile places in that Grape Road area?
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Thanks for the tips JJFP! Any worthwhile places in that Grape Road area?
                The square mile of Grape Road, University Park Dr., Main St and Edison has about 30 places to eat, some sit down, some fast food. The best place to eat is Fiddler's Hearth, which is not on Grape Road! JJfP said it best in her description of Grape Rd. If you brave it, plan on it taking you nearly 20 minutes to go the 3 miles from top to bottom.
                Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                Courage to change the things I can,
                And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

we'll have to stop by sometime, we'll have 3 others with us on saturday (we'll likely have nmu or wolves jerseys on) I think aparch said we're in section 1 (not 100% sure though), then section 2 for sunday.
                  2006-07 NMU PtC Champion! (who says someone from nmu cant win hardware? )

Originally posted by ASaaG
                  You dipstick, the only thing that'll help Michigan's Pairwise is Billy Sauer's graduation.
                  Originally posted by 3W
                  Because you can't spell "Fugly" without Dustin Byfuglien.

Comment

Not related to this series, but for any NMU fans. Have any of you sat directly behind the bench at the Berry? Am looking into catching a game down there sometime soon, that's usually where I like to camp out.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUKat82 View Post
                      I think aparch said we're in section 1 (not 100% sure though).
                      That's my section. Well...not my section... Most opposing fans who sit in section one are down low at the face-off circle, so good luck seeing the other end of the ice! Oh, and prepare yourself for crazy_guy_in_section_1. He's...um...an acquired taste.

As for Grape Road/Main Street: Applebees, Max/Irma's, Houlihan's, TGIF's, Chili's, Famous Dave's (the best bread pudding ever), Panera, Olive Garden, Wings, Five Guys (also one just off campus), Logan's, Outback, Gino's E (you can't rush good Chicago-style pizza), Mancino's, IHOP, many fast food places and Krispy Kreme (my personal fave ). And, yes, I've dined at all of them. It's no secret that I am the anti-housewife.

Comment

That's my section. Well...not my section... Most opposing fans who sit in section one are down low at the face-off circle, so good luck seeing the other end of the ice! Oh, and prepare yourself for crazy_guy_in_section_1. He's...um...an acquired taste.

As for Grape Road/Main Street: Applebees, Max/Irma's, Houlihan's, TGIF's, Chili's, Famous Dave's (the best bread pudding ever), Panera, Olive Garden, Wings, Five Guys (also one just off campus), Logan's, Outback, Gino's E (you can't rush good Chicago-style pizza), Mancino's, IHOP, many fast food places and Krispy Kreme (my personal fave ). And, yes, I've dined at all of them. It's no secret that I am the anti-housewife.
                        We ate at Famous Dave's in our trip down a few years back. I couldn't eat it all. The next day we found a random Chinese restaurant and got takeout buffet by the ounce. It was also quite good. If only NMU could have gotten a point that weekend.
                        Embrace the hate.

Comment

It was the best I could do through the ticket office at the time.

I believe for Sunday we'll be up towards the top of section 2 (again, where the ticket office stuck me).
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            It was the best I could do through the ticket office at the time.

I believe for Sunday we'll be up towards the top of section 2 (again, where the ticket office stuck me).
                            Section 2 is center ice. Nice.

Comment

Highly recommended: Five Guys Burgers and Fries in the University Park Mall!

Comment

Early game tonight.

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X