X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bemidji @ Minnesota - Rodents, Rodents, Everywhere

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
    Alright "Mr. Happy",

Nowhere did I say anything about Bemidji State "winning the WCHA", nowhere did I say Bemidji State will be ranked higher anytime in the near future. You lack reading skills. When I say you have no knowledge of college hockey, I speak literally. You may follow the Gophers every year, congrats. What you have to look at is recruiting power, and if you knew anything about Mr. Tom Serratore you would know that he is a hell of a recruitment tool. You talk about Bemidji State "enjoying your tax money for the BREC", well you know what. We will enjoy it. We will also enjoy showing new top prospects what our campus and program now has to offer.

No matter how weak you think the CHA really is, ask yourself some things. How was a small liberal-arts university like Bemidji State able to pull in recruits such as Matt Read, Brad Hunt, Jordan George, Matt Dalton?

Now that Bemidji State has been accepted into the prestigious WCHA, do you really think that for that fact alone, the recruiting power behind Bemidji State's bench will not increase by 10x?

Call it a fluke, call it what you want. Frozen Four run + New state of the art arena + #1 college hockey conference in the nation = Good players. There's a reason the Gophers can pull 20 draft picks together for one roster. Bemidji State may be a few steps behind, but believe me, they are catching up faster than you think.

Every good program needs time to build.

As far as the WCHA champions, etc. Who knows? How did Bemidji State beat Notre Dame? Cornell? Any team can beat any team on any given night. It's all about heart, something Bemidji State appears to have a lot more of at the moment.
    No, wrongo buddy. BSU has "heart" this year because they are playing a very easy schedule. Minnesota had all the "heart" in the world when they played AA, and I am sure that they would have all sorts of "heart" against Robert Morris and the rest of the CHA. MN has already played 4 games against teams now in the top 5. Getting up to play a tough team every month or two is not the same as playing a full on WCHA schedule. and, I guess you are right, I don't know anything about hockey, cause I only heard of one of these out of Matt Read, Brad Hunt, Jordan George, Matt Dalton. I take it they are a bunch of older Canadians that did OK in the CHA? They must be tearing up the NHL right now, then.

and, BSU recruiting will not increase 10X. They will have less to offer than about 8 or 10 other WCHA teams, so I don't see their recruiting getting much better. They will no longer be able to offer an easy road to the ncaa's, so what do they have over, say, anyone?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I know this. He has to sit out a year, if I am not mistaken. Which begs a question for another time: how hard is it to flunk out of SCSU?!?!

Anyway, get used to getting beat like a Ginger Kid. It's gonna happen next year. You may have a shot at sweeping MTU and UAA......uh......yeah, that's about it. Maybe.
      If we are already sweeping teams like Mankato with "CHA Talent", I don't exactly agree with you. It's hard to compete with teams like the Gophers with 20 draft picks, North Dakota, Wisconsin, yes. That's a given. Give it some time.
      Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
      THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
        If we are already sweeping teams like Mankato with "CHA Talent", I don't exactly agree with you. It's hard to compete with teams like the Gophers with 20 draft picks, North Dakota, Wisconsin, yes. That's a given. Give it some time.
        Well, I'll say this:

You have first shot, if not, it goes to the next recognizable BSU fan to respond:

I'll buy/provide one drink (reasonable, no 20YO Scotch or anything) at this year's F5 if MN does not get 1.5 more points than BSU goals this weekend. If this doesn't happen, I get the drink.

So, if MN sweeps, that's 4 points. BSU would have to score 6.5 goals or more to win this bet.

Respond here, please.

Unlike some other posters, I'll put my money on the line.

Edit: no underagers, period.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I know this. He has to sit out a year, if I am not mistaken. Which begs a question for another time: how hard is it to flunk out of SCSU?!?!
          He didn't flunk out per se.
          From what I've heard, he didn't have enough credits to be considered a senior so he was inelligible.
          He could have had a 4.0 and it wouldn't have mattered.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            He didn't flunk out per se.
            From what I've heard, he didn't have enough credits to be considered a senior so he was inelligible.
            He could have had a 4.0 and it wouldn't have mattered.
            Ok, fine. How do you manage THAT?! Take Bowling, or Arts'n'Crafts, or SOMETHING. That just means the guy is stupider than I thought!!!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, I'll say this:

You have first shot, if not, it goes to the next recognizable BSU fan to respond:

I'll buy/provide one drink (reasonable, no 20YO Scotch or anything) at this year's F5 if MN does not get 1.5 more points than BSU goals this weekend. If this doesn't happen, I get the drink.

So, if MN sweeps, that's 4 points. BSU would have to score 6.5 goals or more to win this bet.

Respond here, please.

Unlike some other posters, I'll put my money on the line.

Edit: no underagers, period.
              Despite their SOS, I think BSU is better than your (faux?) arrogance suggests.

Comment

Ok, fine. How do you manage THAT?! Take Bowling, or Arts'n'Crafts, or SOMETHING. That just means the guy is stupider than I thought!!!
                You manage that by not giving a rip about school which was pretty easy to figure out when he was almost ruled inelligible at Christmas two seasons in a row.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Despite their SOS, I think BSU is better than your (faux?) arrogance suggests.
                  They might be better, but my bet still stands.

The Titans were the "best winless team" for a few weeks, too.....just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    You manage that by not giving a rip about school which was pretty easy to figure out when he was almost ruled inelligible at Christmas two seasons in a row.
                    isn't that kinda like flunking out?
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      isn't that kinda like flunking out?
                      What difference does it make? SCSU has a strong history of flunking kids, and sitting them because of eligibility reasons. I remember 5-6 years ago, you could almost expect 1-2 kids to sit out each game because of grades.

A discipline hockey program doesn't let that happen. These kids are given all the opportunities to succeed at being a student-athlete. Just one example, I know of certain programs that have advisors and tutors assigned to each and every player on the roster, some even have on-the-road academic help for long road trips.

For whatever reason, Motzko lost a great goaltender this season, and Bemidji will hopefully gain from SCSU's loss.
                      Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                      THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                        Beaver fans should talk to UND fans about Happy. You guys are a little too easy for him.
                        We're not gonna tell them. Let them figure it out on their own...it's much more entertaining.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock
                          Well it's hard not to be cocky about playing with the Beavers this weekend. I mean, straight up man, the Beavers are going to be in some very hairy situations. I just hope we can find the opening in the Beaver’s zone, because we’re not used to scoring a lot lately. And the weird thing is some of these guys have scored a lot in the past. So they definitely know how to score and hopefully they haven’t forgotten how to do it! But I’m sure all the guys will be watching lots of Beaver video this week.

I’m sure the Beavers are going to be aggressive, so if we can pull the whole thing out at the end that would really feel good. But let's face it, the key here is keeping guys in deep as long as possible. But here's the rub. It’s very possible the Beavers just might be sore from last weekend and blow the whole enchilada instead! But my guess is someone will take them through a dry run between now and then so they know what to expect.
                          Awesome.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by bsubuffs33 View Post
                            Seem pretty cocky to me.
                            Well it's hard not to be cocky about playing with the Beavers this weekend. I mean, straight up, the Beavers are going to be in some very hairy situations. I just hope we can find the opening in the Beaver’s zone, because we’re not used to scoring a lot lately. And the weird thing is some of these guys have scored a lot in the past. So they definitely know how to score and hopefully they haven’t forgotten how to do it! But I’m sure all the guys will be watching lots of Beaver video this week.

I’m sure the Beavers are going to be aggressive, so if we can deliver the whole package and then pull the whole thing out at the end, that would be a nice climax on the weekend. But let's face it, the key here is keeping guys in deep as long as possible. But here's the rub. It’s very possible the Beavers just might be sore from last weekend and blow the whole enchilada instead! But my guess is someone will take them through a dry run between now and then so they know what to expect.
                            Last edited by Jockstock; 11-13-2009, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
                              Well it's hard not to be cocky about playing with the Beavers this weekend. I mean, straight up, the Beavers are going to be in some very hairy situations. I just hope we can find the opening in the Beaver’s zone, because we’re not used to scoring a lot lately. And the weird thing is some of these guys have scored a lot in the past. So they definitely know how to score and hopefully they haven’t forgotten how to do it! But I’m sure all the guys will be watching lots of Beaver video this week.

I’m sure the Beavers are going to be aggressive, so if we can deliver the whole package and then pull the whole thing out at the end, that would be a nice climax on the weekend. But let's face it, the key here is keeping guys in deep as long as possible. But here's the rub. It’s very possible the Beavers just might be sore from last weekend and blow the whole enchilada instead! But my guess is someone will take them through a dry run between now and then so they know what to expect.
                              You just made my morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                No, wrongo buddy. BSU has "heart" this year because they are playing a very easy schedule. Minnesota had all the "heart" in the world when they played AA, and I am sure that they would have all sorts of "heart" against Robert Morris and the rest of the CHA. MN has already played 4 games against teams now in the top 5. Getting up to play a tough team every month or two is not the same as playing a full on WCHA schedule. and, I guess you are right, I don't know anything about hockey, cause I only heard of one of these out of Matt Read, Brad Hunt, Jordan George, Matt Dalton. I take it they are a bunch of older Canadians that did OK in the CHA? They must be tearing up the NHL right now, then.

and, BSU recruiting will not increase 10X. They will have less to offer than about 8 or 10 other WCHA teams, so I don't see their recruiting getting much better. They will no longer be able to offer an easy road to the ncaa's, so what do they have over, say, anyone?
                                If you knew anything you would have heard of Matt Read, one of the top scoring players in D1 right now and also Matt Dalton who left Bemidji State last year going to Boston and was only a Sophomore. Jordan George is 19 years old and Brad Hunt is 21 yes I would call them pretty old too. Jordan George was picked up from Wisconsin by the way!! Yes Beating #2 Notre Dame and #9 Cornell to get to the Frozen Four was a easy road, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X