Bemidji @ Minnesota - Rodents, Rodents, Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bemidji @ Minnesota - Rodents, Rodents, Everywhere

I'm so glad that the Beavers decided to move up to D1 next year. They've put their time in, scheduling all those non-con powerhouses. Let's give 'em a taste of what is to come.

But I beg of the Gopher hockey team, don't run up the score. That's not classy.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      Oh, come on, this post is like your little sister or daughter saying she can beat you in PS3. By next year the CHA easy schedule euphoria will wear off, and the being stuck in the bottom half of the WCHA will set in. Until then, let them enjoy my tax dollars buying them a new rink, and having the highest div 1 ranking they will probably ever carry into Mariucci.
      Sir, you have no idea what you are talking about.
      Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
      THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Beaver fans should talk to UND fans about Happy. You guys are a little too easy for him.
        Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
          Beaver fans should talk to UND fans about Happy. You guys are a little too easy for him.
          Clearly "happy" has no knowledge of college hockey. I don't think we're too worried about what he has to say.
          THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
            Clearly "happy" has no knowledge of college hockey. I don't think we're too worried about what he has to say.
            Happy might not have knowledge of college hockey but surely he has knowledge of USA hockey. Clearly Happy has found a new Canadian partner to spar with. Please pass the popcorn but with butter.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

then argue my points. Do you predict winning the WCHA will be as easy as the CHA, and going to the FF will happen every year? Tell me about it, cause I don't know enough to see it happening. And then tell me how BSU's CHA schedule this year has been as tough as Minnesota's WCHA so far, and how next year you will be ranked even higher, because you will have an even better record against the WCHA than the CHA. I bet it will be even easier to win an auto bid in the wcha than it is in the cha every year.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                then argue my points. Do you predict winning the WCHA will be as easy as the CHA, and going to the FF will happen every year? Tell me about it, cause I don't know enough to see it happening. And then tell me how BSU's CHA schedule this year has been as tough as Minnesota's WCHA so far, and how next year you will be ranked even higher, because you will have an even better record against the WCHA than the CHA. I bet it will be even easier to win an auto bid in the wcha than it is in the cha every year.
                Alright "Mr. Happy",

Nowhere did I say anything about Bemidji State "winning the WCHA", nowhere did I say Bemidji State will be ranked higher anytime in the near future. You lack reading skills. When I say you have no knowledge of college hockey, I speak literally. You may follow the Gophers every year, congrats. What you have to look at is recruiting power, and if you knew anything about Mr. Tom Serratore you would know that he is a hell of a recruitment tool. You talk about Bemidji State "enjoying your tax money for the BREC", well you know what. We will enjoy it. We will also enjoy showing new top prospects what our campus and program now has to offer.

No matter how weak you think the CHA really is, ask yourself some things. How was a small liberal-arts university like Bemidji State able to pull in recruits such as Matt Read, Brad Hunt, Jordan George, Matt Dalton?

Now that Bemidji State has been accepted into the prestigious WCHA, do you really think that for that fact alone, the recruiting power behind Bemidji State's bench will not increase by 10x?

Call it a fluke, call it what you want. Frozen Four run + New state of the art arena + #1 college hockey conference in the nation = Good players. There's a reason the Gophers can pull 20 draft picks together for one roster. Bemidji State may be a few steps behind, but believe me, they are catching up faster than you think.

Every good program needs time to build.

As far as the WCHA champions, etc. Who knows? How did Bemidji State beat Notre Dame? Cornell? Any team can beat any team on any given night. It's all about heart, something Bemidji State appears to have a lot more of at the moment.
                THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Now that Bemidji State has been accepted into the prestigious WCHA, do you really think that for that fact alone, the recruiting power behind Bemidji State's bench will not increase by 10x?
                  See also: SCSU, MSU-M, when they joined.

How's that working out?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    See also: SCSU, MSU-M, when they joined.

How's that working out?
                    Those are two totally different programs, what are you trying to compare?

Bemidji State has built their D-1 program from ground up. Started it all in 1998, and already have accomplished a hell of a lot more than both those programs you mentioned combined, IMO.
                    THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Saint Cloud got that goalie that was missing for all those years. No one else could even find him, and they got him to play for them. That's pretty impressive to me. Of course, they lost him again, so that's a negative.

Comment

Bemidji State has built their D-1 program from ground up. Started it all in 1998, and already have accomplished a hell of a lot more than both those programs you mentioned combined, IMO.
                        I would agree, but I have to wonder how much of that was made possible by the CHA's autobid.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by jay ferguson View Post
                          Saint Cloud got that goalie that was missing for all those years. No one else could even find him, and they got him to play for them. That's pretty impressive to me. Of course, they lost him again, so that's a negative.
                          And now he plays for BSU. Kinda. We ARE talking about Weslosky, right?!

And no matter how you built it, it's where you are now.

Chicago Bears are one of the storied franchises in the NFL. And they suck.

Same with GB.

And even the Celtics (the CELTICS) sucked for a bit.

I'm just saying, it's all comparative. And when BSU plays the big boys every weekend.......

this weekend will just be a taste. We're so good, we even let a great player go this week. Just to toy with you.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I would agree, but I have to wonder how much of that was made possible by the CHA's autobid.
                            The CHA is a competitive group of teams. BSU has only received the autobid 3 out of 10 years being D-1. What would make BSU stand out more than say.. UAH, RMU, or NU to strong prospects looking to get to the NCAA tournament?

And yes Brenthoven, I believe he is talking about Weslosky. Who currently practices with Bemidji State.
                            THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

I lost track of what I was talking about years ago.

Comment

And yes Brenthoven, I believe he is talking about Weslosky. Who currently practices with Bemidji State.
                                I know this. He has to sit out a year, if I am not mistaken. Which begs a question for another time: how hard is it to flunk out of SCSU?!?!

Anyway, get used to getting beat like a Ginger Kid. It's gonna happen next year. You may have a shot at sweeping MTU and UAA......uh......yeah, that's about it. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X