Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Women's hockey coaching problems

Originally posted by irishbridie49 View Post
    I am happy that this situation is getting some attention as it is giving voice to the voiceless.
    Faceless voices have no substance to an AD or coaching staff, quite the opposite !.

There was a similar thread last year about another D1 coach at another school.

Lots of teams face internal issues you never hear about unless you are part of that team. When people start sharing their own teams dirty laundry on air they are IMHO no longer part of the team.

I find it ironic that the two times Brown has been blown out in a game this year people come out of the woodwork to comment. Some commenters appear to either have an axe to grind or are in some form associated with the team but unhappy. Way to support your D's team. NOT !.

As Pops Ryan already indicated, maybe it is time for a change, but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. Sometimes change means even more casualties along the way.

If you are unhappy, have an internal discussion face to face to deal with the issue at hand. You are not gonna solve your problems by posting here.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      Faceless voices have no substance to an AD or coaching staff, quite the opposite !.

There was a similar thread last year about another D1 coach at another school.

Lots of teams face internal issues you never hear about unless you are part of that team. When people start sharing their own teams dirty laundry on air they are IMHO no longer part of the team.

I find it ironic that the two times Brown has been blown out in a game this year people come out of the woodwork to comment. Some commenters appear to either have an axe to grind or are unhappy. Way to support your D's team. NOT !.

As Pops Ryan already indicated, maybe it is time for a change, but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. Sometimes change means even more casualties along the way.

If you are unhappy, have an internal discussion face to face to deal with the issue at hand. You are not gonna solve your problems by posting here.
      Further to this...I have been watching this thread grow while biting my tongue hoping it would lose it's legs and now we have cookie or whatever beating the drum again. Over 1/3 of this team is from Western Canada so I happen to have some insight into what's happening in the dressing room. Yup hockey players read your posts.

You (anyone posting Brown/Murphy bashings) here is tearing this team apart.
      Stop! Go and spew your venom somewhere else. You should all be ashamed of yourselves....

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
        Voicing your distaste for something annoymously on a public forum is far less constructive than being up front and honest in person.
        Ordinarily I would agree but when there's a dictator in control, questioning authority is a suicidal act....just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
          Further to this...I have been watching this thread grow while biting my tongue hoping it would lose it's legs and now we have cookie or whatever beating the drum again. Over 1/3 of this team is from Western Canada so I happen to have some insight into what's happening in the dressing room. Yup hockey players read your posts.

You (anyone posting Brown/Murphy bashings) here is tearing this team apart.
          Stop! Go and spew your venom somewhere else. You should all be ashamed of yourselves....

And might I add, if the disgruntled few here have the goal of having Digit ousted (which appears to be the case), it will probably cost your daughters' their hockey careers as well.

Trust me, when the players (or their parents) make things bad enough for an AD that s/he has to remove a coach, the AD as well as the next coach will remove all of the source of the trouble so as not to be the next victim of the revolution. Happens in sport (and business) all of the time. And in hockey, there are no whistle-blower lawsuits.

My advice is to cheer your team on and (unless you are a major contributor to the athletics department) keep your thoughts to yourselves. You'll be doing your daughters a big favor.

Comment

[QUOTE=OnMAA;4455353]Faceless voices have no substance to an AD or coaching staff, quite the opposite !.

Unfortunately, voiceless faces have no power either so sometimes there's nothing left but publicizing your plight. It might be too late for some but if there's a greater good to be served then I'll keep on posting.

[QUOTE=OnMAA;4455353]I find it ironic that the two times Brown has been blown out in a game this year people come out of the woodwork to comment. Some commenters appear to either have an axe to grind or are in some form associated with the team but unhappy. Way to support your D's team. NOT !.

I, too, find it ironic that some very familiar posters remained silent on this thread until I voiced my support. And loyalty is more important to me than offending some of you skywriters. A lot of good kids aren't playing this year and the sheer numbers alone tell you that there's more than a "team commitment" issue going on here. Hence, my support for the voiceless...

Comment

Originally posted by ccookie79 View Post
              Ordinarily I would agree but when there's a dictator in control, questioning authority is a suicidal act....just sayin'
              Dear ccookie79,

If questioning authority is a suicidal act................please do and let the rest of us continue in peace.

I would suggest that this thread be done away with. The damage has been done. I feel sorry for all concerned especially the TEAM.
              "Keep your head up, and your stick on the ice."

Comment

Originally posted by ccookie79 View Post
                You're a coward. Please, step up and face the judge, or sit down and shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyTeacher View Post
                  Dear ccookie79,

If questioning authority is a suicidal act................please do and let the rest of us continue in peace.

I would suggest that this thread be done away with. The damage has been done. I feel sorry for all concerned especially the TEAM.
                  Good one, except it was the kids who lost out, not me. Your response, to stifle free speech, is telling. Agree with me or else.....

Perhaps if this thread overwhelms you, you might stay off of it instead of being .... without peace.
                  Last edited by ccookie79; 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

am i a coward too for also thinking brown needs change?
                    (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post

RStarr...We all know you are not a coward.

IMHO there is a big difference between:

- constructive suggestions from outsiders "A change is Needed"
                      vs
                      - Insiders "Calling for the Coaches head" or "Spewing Dirt" on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                        If you sit annonymously on a forum and quack about it and don't do something about it while hurting the team with random poisonous thoughts, then yes, you'd be considered a coward too!

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          RStarr...We all know you are not a coward.

IMHO there is a big difference between:

- constructive suggestions from outsiders "A change is Needed"
                          vs
                          - Insiders "Calling for the Coaches head" or "Spewing Dirt" on this forum.
                          All valid points OnMaa. I would suggest in general( not the specific school in question) that the coaching fraternity is like any other subset of society, there are good , the bad and the in between. From a distance of almost 300 miles, there seems to be something awry in RI (couldn't resist). I firmly agree that constructive criticism is acceptable, but rantings such as those which began this topic are off base

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                            If you sit annonymously on a forum and quack about it and don't do something about it while hurting the team with random poisonous thoughts, then yes, you'd be considered a coward too!
                            I remember someone way back when, who would have random thoughts that people would go crazy over, however he was never annonymous. I "think" his name was kashmoney or something along those lines. When he passed away, it was sad because even the ones who didn't ever agree with him felt so bad that he'd never post here again. It's just not good in my opinion to post bad thoughts even if they have meaning, if you cannot stand up and be recognized for who you really are. I think there was another poster that spoke his mind (and that is okay) by the name of thomas tornado or again something like that, who was very vocal, but it was okay because i believe he wasn't annonymous. If you're not annonymous and you speak your mind, it means more to the thread. If you're annonymous and you try to come off as someone else, it's just not good because people can speculate and you can get some innocent person in trouble. That is what I believe Cookie is trying to do!

Comment

I firmly agree that constructive criticism is acceptable, but rantings such as those which began this topic are off base
                              The first comments in this thread were anything but ranting. The first two pages actually. The discussion was a constructive and civil exchange between commenters offering and making observations on the subject at hand. That was examining the loss of significant undergraduate talent from the Brown team.

The ranting and negative comments specifically directed at other commenters started just today, and it does appear to me that it is in reaction to the first comment ccookie79 made in the thread.

Let's hope the thread doesn't descend as far as the other one did into comments specifically criticizing the commitment, dedication to the game, and work ethic of the players who left the team.

Comment

I've been reading for a long, long time here and my personal take on the Brown situation is this. I've done some background research on the Brown rosters for the past several years. There's never been a turnover so huge as there was this season. So, the question is why? What is different? Obviously it's not Digit. Every year, for the past 4 or 5 years, there's been 1 new assistant coach added and there's been no player exodus. Suddenly, Assistant Coach Coady appears on scene and all of a sudden the team has disintegrated with 9 valuable players gone. This is a disturbing stat and I wonder what influence he has on Coach Murphy, or is it that he's possibly trying to make her look bad so that he moves into the top spot? This is the first time one of the Good "ol boys is running the women's team and I don't think the irony of that should be lost.

I know everyone has her own opinion here and I am entitled to mine. I have no kids in the system and my only interest is speculative. I don't think the post starter or the supporting contributors of his/hers is ranting or going negative. It's simply an observation for a team that is finding itself struggling at the bottom when that should not be the case.

If history holds true, I will be attacked by the usual list of suspect posters who staunchly want to defend the coaches - no matter what! This website is supposed to be for an exchange of ideas and sentiment. To point out what is wrong with a team for the purpose of making it right is a positive in my estimation.

Comment

Working...
                                X