X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-2011 DIII commitment thread

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
    Should be ok now.

Try refreshing your browser once the commitment page loads.

I am actually updating right now as well.
    Yup Thanks. Updated now. That was quick

Look forward to any updates you may have.

Comment

Williams College:

Ally Ensor...............D ...................(Boston Shamrocks) .........................Sugar Land, TX
      *****http://i433.***********.com/albums/qq55/hockeyHux/AllyEnsor7.jpg******
      Last edited by Hux; 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
        Williams College:

Ally Ensor...............D ...................(Boston Shamrocks) .........................Sugar Land, TX
        Congrats to Ally, a very nice girl and solid player
        GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
          Congrats to Ally, a very nice girl and solid player

Great Job Ally!!

Comment

Emily Russell....Utica College....Danvers,MA....F....National Sports Academy

Jenni Hamel....Utica College....Ithaca, NY....G....Northwood School

Comment

to Hamilton:

Victoria Bogen..........G.........(Victory Honda 19u)

rumor:
              to Hamline:

Caitlin Nosanov..........G..........(Victory Honda 19u)

Comment

Chatham is losing their top two in points to other DIII's. Lauren Campbell is transfering to Elmira and Leah McNaughten is heading to Oswego. It is posted on BTD.
                "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Comment

Originally posted by THE Icemom View Post
                  Chatham is losing their top two in points to other DIII's. Lauren Campbell is transfering to Elmira and Leah McNaughten is heading to Oswego. It is posted on BTD.
                  Yikes. Any idea why that happened?

Comment

Originally posted by THE Icemom View Post
                    Im sure Leah will step in and help at Oswego, and good thing for Lauren that EC graduated five forwards.

Chatham now has one goal scorer, unless she leaves for the greener grass in the west.

Comment

Nichols College:
                      Bridget Griffin ...........................D ...................................(Boston Shamrocks) ....................................Wilmington, MA
                      *****http://i433.***********.com/albums/qq55/hockeyHux/BridgetGriffin1.jpg******

Comment

Anybody notice that Plymouth State has 4 goalies committed?

Comment

I noticed that as well. I assumed one goalie must have dropped out. How does it work in D3. Do players sign Letters of Intent and if they don't, can they change colleges.

Comment

Norwich has 4 as well. I would bet not everyone is returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Goalie Dad View Post
                              I noticed that as well. I assumed one goalie must have dropped out. How does it work in D3. Do players sign Letters of Intent and if they don't, can they change colleges.
                              The committments here are only "informal" as there are no NCAA athletic scholarships at D3. The only thing that can keep a D3 committment tied to a school is a binding Early Decision academic admission. Those usually exist only at very selective colleges (NESCAC comes to mind here).

I would guess that at least one of the goalies is having second thoughts...

I would also guess that a coach may be over-recruiting here. I don't know any of the goalies involved, but I would guess that some may be less recruited (early committments before coach know who else is interested) than others. Hopefully coach has been keeping prospects updated as to where they stand in the pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by powerplay17 View Post
                                Norwich has 4 as well. I would bet not everyone is returning.
                                Yes, coaches will decide to clear the deck if s/he decide that the returning goalies don't have what it takes to start.

But bringing in 4 freshmen pretty much guarantees that at least one of the recruits is not going to make the roster.

IIRC, Elmira brought in 3 freshmen last year and cleared out the returning goalie, leaving the 3 on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X