X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things DU XXV - Murray Up and Get The Chevy Out of The Repair Shop

Courtesy of dg and USA Hockey:
    "Just 13 seconds after falling behind, 1-0, Jason Zucker's feed from behind the net found (Nick) Shore who fired the puck into the top corner to knot the score. " Shore scored a 2nd goal in the final game and was named USA Player of the Game. Two DU recruits who we hope will be just as effective when they are wearing the Crimson and Gold..

BTW, Team USA won the Four Nations CUP
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Rakhshani nominated for WCHA Offensive Player of the Week.
      Not surprisingly, no DU player was nominated for Defensive Player of the Week.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

bump!!! any news on Chevrie?
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          bump!!! any news on Chevrie?
          According to Mike Chambers of the Denver Post, who talked to him earlier in the week, he wants to be back for the UND series. Gwoz says that would be great but it will be up to the medical staff to determine when he will be ready to go. Gwoz likes that he wants to get back in there but wants to make sure he is healthy.
          Last edited by du78; 11-12-2009, 08:32 AM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            According to Mike Chambers of the Denver Post, who talked to him earlier in the week, he wants to be back for the UND series. Gwoz says that would be great but it will be up to the medical sa*** to determine when he will be ready to go. Gwoz likes that he wants to get back in there but wants to make sure he is healthy.
            Good. Everyone knew we would suffer injuries, every team does but, geeeezz!! I never thought we would lose our goalie, that's about the worst case scenario. Maybe we're just getting it over with early. Meanwhile, ND is playing well for this time of year. Hopefully they'll flip flop and crash in March and April. It will be fun to see this team skating at 100%. They are fast, tricky and deep. Any news on Weircoch?
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              Good. Everyone knew we would suffer injuries, every team does but, geeeezz!! I never thought we would lose our goalie, that's about the worst case scenario. Maybe we're just getting it over with early. Meanwhile, ND is playing well for this time of year. Hopefully they'll flip flop and crash in March and April. It will be fun to see this team skating at 100%. They are fast, tricky and deep. Any news on Weircoch?
              If DU had games this weekend, Wiercioch would not play per Gwoz. Not much info coming out of DU about his injury.

"If we played this weekend, he wouldn't play," DU coach George Gwozdecky said Monday. "We're really going through some challenges, with some of our top guys coming up lame. Hopefully, we'll get through that and put it behind us."
              Last edited by du78; 11-12-2009, 08:54 AM.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Speaking of Wiercioch, Hockey Buzz has about a 15 minute interview with him.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=23448

The interview starts at about 5:58 on the player. It was taped about a month ago, but I just stumbled on it yesterday.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  If DU had games this weekend, Wiercioch would not play per Gwoz. Not much info coming out of DU about his injury.
                  The news that IS coming out are blatant lies.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13750831

Sophomore defenseman Patrick Wiercioch absorbed a knee-on-knee hit in the third period and did not return.
                  http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...#disqus_thread

Tuesday’s paper will also have word on sophomore defenseman Patrick Wiercioch, who left Saturday’s game with a knee injury.
                  This makes me irate. Try watching the video of the last 7 minutes of the game after the hit. Patrick played the rest of the game, regular shifts, right up to the horn!! If he were really injured, do you think your coach would have let him play, knowing the game was lost anyway?

So George lets him play, then says immediately after the game that his guy is hurt and if they had to play next weekend (a bye week) he would not be able to play!! George is lying. He is not hurt.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Pretty standard for an athlete to be able to play on an injury until swelling occurs.

Its also very low class to criticize a college athlete who has sustained an injury.
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 11-12-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Re: All Things DU XXV - Murray Up and Get The Chevy Out of The Repair Shop

So George lets him play, then says immediately after the game that his guy is hurt and if they had to play next weekend (a bye week) he would not be able to play!! George is lying. He is not hurt.
                      Why do you care? What exactly does he gain by saying Wiercioch wouldn't be able to play this weekend?
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13750831

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...#disqus_thread

This makes me irate. Try watching the video of the last 7 minutes of the game after the hit. Patrick played the rest of the game, regular shifts, right up to the horn!! If he were really injured, do you think your coach would have let him play, knowing the game was lost anyway?

Suze: I usually like reading your posts, but this one is completely ridiculous. What makes you think you can analyze a guy's medical condition as a fan from the peanut gallery? Surely you've been following sports long enough (or perhaps have played enough sports yourself) to know that one can finish a game feeling fine, only to learn later that an injury occurred in the game. Here's an example to bring it home for ya: I was out biking the other day and overdid it, feeling a twinge in my hamstring. But I was able to keep biking at full speed for another half hour, only to realize the next day that I really hurt something, cause my knee had swollen to twice its size.

Your post smacks of paranoia, and makes no absolutely no sense. I hereby nominate it for "strangest post of the year." Congratulations!!

DG: I think Suze's post would be a perfect target for a funny send up on your blog. Do your best!
                        Last edited by Pablo; 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          What exactly does he gain by saying Wiercioch wouldn't be able to play this weekend?
                          To take it one step further why would he jeopardize Patrick's future contract negotiations with the Ottawa Senators by raising alarm bells about a so called "phantom" injury?

And why would Gwozdecky want a UAA player to be unjustly suspended when the Seawolves are playing Wisconsin this weekend? Trust me, Wisconsin is far greater threat to DU in the standings than UAA.
                          Last edited by dggoddard; 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            To take it one step further why would he jeopardize Patrick's future contract negotiations with the Ottawa Senators by raising alarm bells about a so called "phantom" injury?

And why would Gwozdecky want a UAA player to be unjustly suspended when the Seawolves are playing Wisconsin this weekend? Trust me, Wisconsin is far greater threat to DU in the standings than UAA.
                            Guys, I am upset by the two blatant lies published in your paper about this incident.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Guys, I am upset by the two blatant lies published in your paper about this incident.
                              A player has been injured. Who cares what a newspaper says?

It was a road game. The reporter wasn't on the roadtrip. The Denver Post and its penny pinching editors are to blame for that. If you have a problem with the story, contact the writer.
                              Last edited by dggoddard; 11-12-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Suze: let it go. You're making yourself look silly.

Congrats to UAA on the win Saturday. It's about time that you beat DU on your home ice. We should all wish Patrick a good recovery, as he's one of the bright lights in the WCHA. And good luck to the Seawolves the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X