X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things DU XXV - Murray Up and Get The Chevy Out of The Repair Shop

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Here's the rating on Brittain. Needless to say he's probably going to be the highest drafted goaltender in the history of DU. Other DU goaltenders drafted: (there may be others)

Pete LoPresti 3rd (42)
    Bryan Schoen 5th (91)
    Stephen Wagner 6th (159)
    Adam Berkhoel 8th (240)
    Glenn Fisher 5th (148)
    Marc Cheverie 7th (193)
    Sorry DG if I'm missing something, but what is the rating on Brittain, I just see the rating on the other goaltenders.
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      Sorry DG if I'm missing something, but what is the rating on Brittain, I just see the rating on the other goaltenders.
      Dmann, we've got blizzard warnings down here for tomorrow into Sunday, I guess the storm will work its way up to you by Sunday.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        Dmann, we've got blizzard warnings down here for tomorrow into Sunday, I guess the storm will work its way up to you by Sunday.
        So far they're just calling for 20% of snow, that definitely could change though!!
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Here's the rating on Brittain. Needless to say he's probably going to be the highest drafted goaltender in the history of DU. Other DU goaltenders drafted: (there may be others)

Pete LoPresti 3rd (42)
          Bryan Schoen 5th (91)
          Stephen Wagner 6th (159)
          Adam Berkhoel 8th (240)
          Glenn Fisher 5th (148)
          Marc Cheverie 7th (193)
          I'd be surprised if he went higher than LoPresti did. They say an 'A' player is a potential first or second round pick, but if you do the math, there's 60 picks in the first two rounds, and they gave 30 players an A before even getting to the CHL/USHL/NTDP/Europe, where the large majority of top round picks come from.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

prebump!!! Not happy, tis Friday night and there's no game and any other "not happy face" icon!!! Somebody help!!!
            Tom Serratore

Comment

OK, sorry for the back to back posts, but due to boredom and the lack of posts and the Cote du Rhone, I give you this!! Our local High School Hockey team schooling a Bangor school. This kid Ben Dufour has got wheels and can carry the puck!!

http://knox.villagesoup.com/sports/s...broncos/295450
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                OK, sorry for the back to back posts, but due to boredom and the lack of posts and the Cote du Rhone, I give you this!! Our local High School Hockey team schooling a Bangor school. This kid Ben Dufour has got wheels and can carry the puck!!

http://knox.villagesoup.com/sports/s...broncos/295450
                Dmann, you are not the only one going through withdrawal this week. I couldn't even think of anything to add
                But I did open a bottle of Merlot
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Jess Meyers at INCH does his first half review and DU has 2 players on his first half all WCHA team.
                  Did you guess Chevy? You're right! And the Captain, Rhett Rakhshani. Right again.
                  Good choices!
                  http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/category/wcha/
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Couple random thoughts:

Several people have posted that Martin is playing very well and one of the nicest surprises this season. I share the same sentiments as he is one of a few players playing above expectations and is a vital member of the team on both defense and offense. Most of us probably remember that Martin had hip surgery back in April, but I thought it would be worth reposting Chambers' blog post from back then for anyone who didn't see it originally. Having this surgery was obviously huge for Martin and I wish he had it sooner.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...s-hip-in-vail/

This isn't an in depth analysis, but I was looking at the standings page and one stat that stuck out to me was how bad DU's goal differential is as compared to the other top teams in the league.

DU (Overall GF 54 - 51 GA) (WCHA GF 43 - 37 GA)
                    CC (64 - 41) (49 - 31)
                    Wisc (73 - 38) (54 - 30)
                    Duluth (62 - 50) (49 - 41)
                    UND (58 - 39) (41 - 29)

DU has played a tough schedule, but on the surface this says to me that DU is riding Chevy far too much and eeking out victories but getting blown out when Chevy is having an off night or Murray is playing. This is stating the obvious and repeating what several posters have already said, but this can't continue the rest of the year. We have to start scoring more. I'm OK with the high goals against number because a lot of those goals came in games that we just got blown out (e.g. what's the difference between losing 3-2 vs. 7-2).

Looking at the stats, I'm shocked that we have the record and rankings that we do. But we do, and that's certainly a plus. And, this could be a good sign come playoff time as success is often the result of riding a hot goalie and eeking out victories. We are certainly getting enough practice at this

Comment

Zucker with the Game Winning Goal tonight. He is a sniper.

Donovan was on the first power play unit and had an assist.

Both guys with DU connections looked very good on TV.

USA 4 - North Dakota 2 Final

Comment

Zucker with the Game Winning Goal tonight. He is a sniper.
                        Zucker looks to be a good player. Nice wheels and shot on him.
                        He rang one off the post in the 1st period as well.
                        His goal tonight actually was deflected off of the UND player Hill's stick and into the net.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          Zucker looks to be a good player. Nice wheels and shot on him.
                          He rang one off the post in the 1st period as well.
                          His goal tonight actually was deflected off of the UND player Hill's stick and into the net.
                          Fun game to watch on TV.

The individual skills of the US players was cool to see. I liked how the refs just threw Hextall in the penalty box any time he started his crap.

Comment

Fun game to watch on TV.

The individual skills of the US players was cool to see. I liked how the refs just threw Hextall in the penalty box any time he started his crap.
                            Yes it was. It'll be interesting to see what this USA team can do in the WJC this year.

Hextall got two penalties, and both times he managed to goat one of the USA players into the box with him.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Zucker with the Game Winning Goal tonight.
                              Mother Zucker.

Of course its fitting that UND gets beat by a BC recruit and DU recruit.

The mojo continues...
                              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Donovan and Zucker made the cut to the 24-man roster. Two more players will be cut after Tuesday's exhibition against the Czechs to form the 22-man roster.

http://usahockey.cachefly.net/Media/...ter_122009.doc
                                Last edited by du78; 12-20-2009, 01:25 PM.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X