X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things DU XXV - Murray Up and Get The Chevy Out of The Repair Shop

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Of course not but why let facts get in the way
    That's actually my motto. Just because it's a fact doesn't make it true.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      I put no stock in this ranking whatsoever. Smoke and Mirrors.

DU is quite far from a number one team right now in my book.

Offense? 21st Nationally at 3.0 GPG
      Defense? 21st Nationally at 2.71 GPG
      Power Play? 28th Nationally at 18.3%
      Penalty Killing? 14th Nationally at 86.1%
      Combined Special Teams? 25th Nationally at 50%

The Pios have had two great weekends this season - one at Minnesota (a now struggling program) and at home against UND.
      The Pios are 2-4-1 on Saturdays.
      The Pios have fallen behind in every single game but the Chevy shutouts.

This team has a lot to prove to show they belong in the top 5, let alone the top spot....
      I don't give much creedence to the polls and right now there is no clear cut #1 team IMHO. DU may be 2-4-1 on Saturdays but Adam Murray is 0-3-1 on Saturdays and Chevy is 2-1-0. If Chevy had played some of those games that Adam played on Saturdays, the results might have been different and DU would have a couple of more wins.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I don't give much creedence to the polls and right now there is no clear cut #1 team IMHO. DU may be 2-4-1 on Saturdays but Adam Murray is 0-3-1 on Saturdays and Chevy is 2-1-0. If Chevy had played some of those games that Adam played on Saturdays, the results might have been different and DU would have a couple of more wins.
        I actually thought they might start Murray this past Saturday against SCSU. I guess he's now destined to spend a lot of the season on the bench and work out his issues in practice.

IF DU Can't sweep CC this weekend it ain't ever going to happen. DU is on break and can focus only on hockey mired in the 4th Block of the year in their academic calender.

http://www.coloradocollege.edu/academics/Calendar/

Comment

I have one ticket for the Saturday night game at Magness available. Would rather it go to a true DU fan than a Tiger lover. If interested, PM me!

Comment

The series will come down to how DU handles the amazing CC power play and how well Chevy steps up. If Chevy plays like he did against UND, DU has a great chance to do well. If he plays like he did against SCSU (average), DU will have a hard time with the Tigers.

Comment

Nice article about David Carle by Chambers. It includes a video too.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13891018

Edit: Should have checked the blog first. DG beat me to it.
              Last edited by PioneerPhanatic; 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah, kind of a #1 by default. There is SO much to work on, but I hope that by February we'll be worthy of such a ranking.

So...my dad was able to listen to the radio broadcast of Saturday's game, and said that there was some kind of hulla-baloo about a missed call late in the game. What was that all about?

Speaking of the word hullabaloo--here is some classic footage from the 70's, in which the word hullaballoo is used. Swami--I bet you'll like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqWU9huMMco

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                  So...my dad was able to listen to the radio broadcast of Saturday's game, and said that there was some kind of hulla-baloo about a missed call late in the game. What was that all about?
                  The DU bench was upset about a missed interference call in front of their bench late in the game, and assistant coach Derek Lalonde and the ref (Campion, I think) got into a rather spicy conversation about it, with Gwoz trying to intervene. The ref slapped DU with a bench minor.

Comment

DU stays #2 in USCHO and USA Today polls.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1m&week=poll

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=usatoday&week=poll
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Have no problem with remaining in the 2nd spot in both polls. Rewarding us with a move up in the polls after DU's showing in the Saturday night game would not make sense. No reason to unseat Miami in the polls.

#1 Miami loses to #4 or 5 bemidji and ties #3 UND
                      #2 Denver wins and loses to unranked and underappreciated St. Cloud
                      #3 North Dakota loses to unranked Ohio State and ties #1 Miami

cc is ranked #5 or 6 and this will be a litmus test for DU. Can we play with the same intensity that we saw against the gophs and the sioux or does anyone think you can play 10 minutes of hockey and win the game?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        #1 Miami loses to #4 or 5 bemidji and ties #3 UND
                        #2 Denver wins and loses to unranked and underappreciated St. Cloud
                        #3 North Dakota loses to unranked Ohio State and ties #1 Miami
                        UND beat OSU.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Despite the polls not meaning much and the subjectivity of DU's loss to SCSU, I'll put it this way:

SCSU is now ranked #20 in the USCHO poll after last weekend. If SCSU, as an unranked team, really was a meaningless opponent, why would they be ranked right now?

Didn't Minnesota beat MSU? So, shouldn't they now be ranked?

Fits the same logic.

DU got 2 points on the weekend. That's 1 more than Miami.

Plain and simple, DU should be #1. It should be by a slim margin, sure, but DU should be #1 regardless.
                          Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

IMHO, After Saturday's game no reward is appropriate.

This is off the subject but I have to ask.
                            Watched Slap Shot on TV today and my friend, who knows nothing about hockey, asked me why the Hanson Brothers were wrapping their hands with tin foil. I could only guess it had something to do with fighting. But the foil is inside the glove so what is the benefit?

And did or do players do this?
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              IMHO, After Saturday's game no reward is appropriate.

This is off the subject but I have to ask.
                              Watched Slap Shot on TV today and my friend, who knows nothing about hockey, asked me why the Hanson Brothers were wrapping their hands with tin foil. I could only guess it had something to do with fighting. But the foil is inside the glove so what is the benefit?

And did or do players do this?
                              From a WHA (a renegade 70s hockey league) Blog:

It was a typical WHA story. Another came out of Slap Shot, the fictional Hanson brothers of the fictional Charlestown Chiefs of the fictional Federal League were caught by coach Reggie Dunlop “putting on the foil.” But the Charlestown Chiefs were based on the Johnstown Jets of the North American Hockey League circa 1975-76, a franchise that happened to be the farm club of the Minnesota Fighting Saints. So “putting on the foil” was not a Slap Shot original, it was a common practice in the WHA.

“We had guys in that league that would try to get away with a lot of stuff,” Friday recalled. “They used to tape their hands up and underneath the tape they would have tin foil so when they were fighting they could do some damage. So when we found out about it we stopped it. Things like that went on all the time."

Comment

Yep, the Alaska game and the UVM game could of been W's with Marc in net. Murray was awful. He caught a puck on the bench Saturday night and I almost stood up and cheered for him--might of moved him into double digits in the save category.

I agree this team still has a lot of growth to be able to make it to the FF @ FF but so do the other three teams. Long way to go and the second half is never anything close to the opening act. Sometimes it's the tough loses that move teams the most.

I do think Marc will stand on his head this weekend and put CC's frosh to shame. We are so overdue and it even funny. He's on track to bust a hole in DU records and so sweeping CC is not out of the question.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X