X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things DU XXV - Murray Up and Get The Chevy Out of The Repair Shop

Originally posted by jk View Post
    Didn't the wheels come off Chevy shortly after he committed to DU? I seem to recall that he struggled for quite a while in juniors and there was a question whether he would work out or not. Maybe Murray's about that age and he's going through the same thing.
    We were all really worried about Chevrie. Remember everyone lamented that Bachman chose CC over DU? There were some posters out there that thought we made a big mistake. Now look at Chevrie (or at least before the injury) and how much of a coveted goaltender he is. And speaking of Bachman, didn't the wheels come of for him in his Sophomore year? I wonder what's become of him?
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Chris Butler getting some PP time in Buffalo.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/864250.html
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
        And speaking of Bachman, didn't the wheels come of for him in his Sophomore year? I wonder what's become of him?
        He didn't have a great sophomore season in comparison with his amazing freshman year, but he was able to parlay his play into a contract with the Dallas Stars. He's currently having a good year in the ECHL with Idaho Steelheads.

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
          Sounds like average goaltending.
          Good to see that we have such wonderful balance between the pipes.
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

we need a big weekend from the team if Murray is playing
            I've noticed the team does not play as well in front of murray, mostly in goal support. Sure murray has let more goals in then Chevy but the team has not given murray any goal support.
            I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              Murray played against plenty of college teams last year on the USA Under 18s so its not like he hasn't faced this level of competition.
              Correct, he played extremely well last season against CC. It will be awhile before that game is forgotten.
              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                Correct, he played extremely well last season against CC. It will be awhile before that game is forgotten.
                Really? When was this game you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

Here's a question for you guys in Denver, do the players check out this thread? I'd sure hate to be part of this young man's problem.
                  I've been thinking about this ever since you posted this question

Now I'm wondering how many of them do read this?,
                  How seriously do they take it?
                  Do they ever take any of the abundance of advise we give them?
                  Do they just laugh when they read the posts?
                  Are they laughing at me right now?
                  Do they have their favorite posters?
                  Do they realize without them we would have no life?
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

I've been thinking about this ever since you posted this question

Now I'm wondering how many of them do read this?,
                    In my experience posting on this board (and it's predecessor) for almost 15 years (I had another online identity prior to 2000), I know players, coaches and parents do read it, as I've talked to many of them over the years without revealing my identity.

Not all of them read it daily, but most check in every now and then. Most find it amusing/entertaining and they are naturally curious what their die hard fans think, while some players can get a little upset by what they read (hopefully they use it as motivation). I've had private player e-mails over the years that has ranged from supportive to nasty, so it runs the gamut. On balance, I think most players are happy that fans care enough to post, and that they understand that fans like us are the financial engine that enables the program to prosper, and that we are entitled to to our opinions. Parents are naturally more protective of their sons when it comes to criticism, especially becuase they have talented kids and perhaps this is the first time that they read stuff they might not like.

As for playing advice, I doubt that the players pay much attention to it - that's why they have high level coaches and teammates for that. But I do think that players do use public opinion here to motivate themselves. I know for a fact that things I've written here over the years have helped motivate performance improvement, because I've been told that by people who matter, so I keep doing it.

On balance, players love that there are die-hard fans like us, and wish there were more of us.

Comment

Now I'm wondering how many of them do read this?
                      At least a few.
                      Not at all.
                      No.
                      Yes.
                      For sure.
                      Jockstock.
                      Yes.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

In some of the post-championship celebrations with the 04 team, a couple of the players told me that they read our posts, and that it meant a lot to them to be able to read posts from some of the die-hard fans.

Of course most of the posts that year were supportive. But there were many times during that season, when this was a place to vent our frustrations, too. What a season that was! Caldwell, James, Berkhoel, McConnell, Keith...that was one hell of a fun team to follow. I'll always remember offering Keith a shot, only to have him retort that he never does shots alone. Many drinks later...

Comment

Let's hope the WCHA refs do better than this at Magness this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGB5BsJN5gI

Or Gwoz may need to put on his ice-walkin' loafers.

Comment

Forward Jason Zucker from the USA U17 and U18 teams has signed with Denver.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204836929
                            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Bump!!! Who's on the scoring thread tonight?
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Bump!!! Who's on the scoring thread tonight?
                                DU78 better be there to kick the thing off!

I know I'll be there too
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X