This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things DU XXV - Murray Up and Get The Chevy Out of The Repair Shop

Last year Wiercioch played with a bad shoulder most of the season and Martin was slowed with a hip problem the whole year.

Some things you can play through and others.....

Here's hoping Wiercioch and Chevy are well on the road to recovery.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Chevy listed as "doubtful" for the weekend series:

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204834991

Not sure on Wiercioch.

Comment

If you watch the "upcoming events" video on the DU web site on the right side just under under Pioneer Vision, you'll see Rhett Rhakshani's rather funny take on this weekend's UND series. You have to sit through Ashley Robinson's DU vs CSU women's hoops promo first though (that game is Wednesday).

Rock says:

..."We take on the North Dakota Fighting Sioux, or whatever name they might have for this upcoming season....and maybe, if you're lucky, our coach will walk across the ice to the penalty box."

www.denverpioneers.com
        Last edited by Puck Swami; 11-16-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          If you watch the "upcoming events" video on the DU web site on the right side just under under Pioneer Vision, you'll see Rhett Rhakshani's rather funny take on this weekend's UND series. You have to sit through Ashley Robinson's DU vs CSU women's hoops promo first though (that game is Wednesday).

Rock says:

..."We take on the North Dakota Fighting Sioux, or whatever name they might have for this upcoming season....and maybe, if you're lucky, our coach will walk across the ice to the penalty box."

www.denverpioneers.com
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

And yet when Brett Hextall talks smack, the entire DU team, coaching staff and FSN broadcasting crew gets upset.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              And yet when Brett Hextall talks smack, the entire DU team, coaching staff and FSN broadcasting crew gets upset.
              Go to admit that Rakshani here is more about wit than pure smack-talk. The UND name reference is respectful (he named the team properly) and added a factual reference to next year, when the name may not be there.

Then he took a shot at his own coach with the "walking across the ice" bit.

Hextall is more of an on-ice cascade of smack talk that elevates to the form to high art -- by far the best smack-talker in college hockey. Unfortunately, little of it is suitable for home video.

Comment

Unfortunately, little of it is suitable for home video.
                I disagree. I bet it would make a great home video.
                Alanna, mic him up for the series!
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Chevy listed as "doubtful" for the weekend series:

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204834991

Not sure on Wiercioch.
                  I would guess most DU posters would think we're in for a double drilling if Chevy doesn't get at least one start. That sequence of three goals in two minutes or whatever against UAA is still fresh in our minds.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

DU injury update from Mike Chambers. Add Matt Donovan to the walking wounded. He broke his finger against Minnesota State, played against UAA the following weekend and was held out of practice last week. He is probable for this weekend's series. Patrick Wiercioch has not practiced and his timetable is unknown. He is doubtful for the UND series. Chevy is listed as questionable as yesterday was the first day he put the pads on for some "light movement" with equipment. Even if Chevy is able to play, my guess is he would only play one of the games. It is time for Murray and the depth players to step up and perform, no excuses.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13803648

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Which is worse doubtful or questionable?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Which is worse doubtful or questionable?
                        Both words are meaningless placeholders for teams to cover themselves.

Nobody will know until Friday afternoon who suits up and who doesn't.

Until then, we just bite our towels, hit the wine and hope for the best...

Comment

I wish Gwoz would stop lying!!!

"Wiercioch, a preseason All-American, suffered a sprain medial collateral ligament in his right knee in the finale against the Seawolves. He was not scheduled to practice Monday and his return is uncertain."

Seriously, though, what a bummer about Donovan. Sounds like our players need to use some better gloves to avoid these broken fingers.

For all the bad news we've been getting on the injury front, the bright side is that Big Joe is probably feeling a lot better. So hopefully he will pick up from the great start that he had. Also, Ruegsegger, Salazar and Maiani can all pick up their games a notch or two. So there's a lot of room for improvement, and if it happens this weekend, it will lessen the impact of the injuries.

Comment

Just watched the Gwoz press conference. Nothing new about the injuries as he reiterated what Mike Chambers has in the newspaper. He did say they had a very hard week of practice last week, sounds almost like a training camp. They worked on a lot of things that you don't get to work on in a normal week of practice, especially the areas that the coaches have identified as weaknesses. He has seen a lot of improvement in Murray who has been thrown into the fire. He indicated he is a quick learner who has been watching tapes to see where he has done well and when he has made mistakes.
                            Last edited by du78; 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Murray's weaknesses are not technical ones, IMHO. They are mental ones.

His positioning and physical readiness to take shots look pretty sound to these eyes - he's been well-coached and has all the physical tools to be an effective goalie. But we all know that effective goaltending is much overcoming mental challenge as it is about the reflexes at this level.

He can watch the tapes of those goals all day, but not much is likely to change as a result of that. I think he likely feels too much pressure and or not enough confidence, or a combination of both. Whatever it is, it needs fixing.

Besides watching tape, I hope he is also practicing visualization of good results, relaxation and confidence-building exercises, as they are much more likely to produce the desired improvements.

Comment

Murray's weaknesses are not technical ones, IMHO. They are mental ones.

His positioning and physical readiness to take shots look pretty sound to these eyes - he's been well-coached and has all the physical tools to be an effective goalie. But we all know that effective goaltending is much overcoming mental challenge as it is about the reflexes at this level.

He can watch the tapes of those goals all day, but not much is likely to change as a result of that. I think he likely feels too much pressure and or not enough confidence, or a combination of both. Whatever it is, it needs fixing.

Besides watching tape, I hope he is also practicing visualization of good results, relaxation and confidence-building exercises, as they are much more likely to produce the desired improvements.
                                I suppose offering him a fully tricked out Escalade (with those rotating wheel covers) if he gets a couple of wins this weekend is totally out of the question.

He needs for something good to happen, no doubt about it. Given our recent history with goalies, I have no doubt the kid has talent. Does he have the heart? While it's too early to conclude he doesn't, the early returns haven't engendered much optimism.

Here's a question for you guys in Denver, do the players check out this thread? I'd sure hate to be part of this young man's problem.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X