Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by walrus View Post

As far as who Maine has beat lately? Maine is beating who is on the schedule, can't ask for much more
    Right, but I was trying to figure out why the pollsters have still given Maine only enough votes to be another "also receiving votes"... and I am sure I gave the right answer... and the answer to why Union is ranked where they are, with so few losses.

Polls may mean little, but they mean something.

Looking at a glass that is half-full, I see Maine playing super well right now, but looking at a glass that is half-empty, I see a team that is playing well against crappy teams. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME. (Maine had beaten BC who was ranked really high last year when Maine won, but as it turned out, it was not much of an accomplishment.... ditto this year's BU win.)

I am not tying to be too pessimistic, really, but a week ago I was thinking of booking seats out to Ford's Field.

we fans can be very happy that the tempo of the game as improved and that Tim/coaching staff is implementing some things that we have been begging for, but the pollsters are not going to reward a 10-1 win over the 38th best team in the country (SLU) after getting swept by the 18th best (Union) and going 2-1 against the 30th best (NU).

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      Right, but I was trying to figure out why the pollsters have still given Maine only enough votes to be another "also receiving votes"... and I am sure I gave the right answer... and the answer to why Union is ranked where they are, with so few losses.

Polls may mean little, but they mean something.

Looking at a glass that is half-full, I see Maine playing super well right now, but looking at a glass that is half-empty, I see a team that is playing well against crappy teams. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME. (Maine had beaten BC who was ranked really high last year when Maine won, but as it turned out, it was not much of an accomplishment.... ditto this year's BU win.)

I am not tying to be too pessimistic, really, but a week ago I was thinking of booking seats out to Ford's Field.

we fans can be very happy that the tempo of the game as improved and that Tim/coaching staff is implementing some things that we have been begging for, but the pollsters are not going to reward a 10-1 win over the 38th best team in the country (SLU) after getting swept by the 18th best (Union) and going 2-1 against the 30th best (NU).

Book the seats. It would be nice to see the Maine fans traveling a little more and supporting the team. They used to take over sections at Hockey East etc and I have not seen that as much as of late.

Great news is that you can buy a house next to Ford's field for about the same as you can buy a house in old Town....

Comment

, but a week ago I was thinking of booking seats out to Ford's Field.
        Thats crazy talk today as it was a week ago.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Maine is working hard on the recruiting trail but their logic is strange at best.
          Hokydad.......without getting into specific recruits/players.......what is up with Maine recruiting????? the rest of Hockey East have been getting commitments left and right recently......some from the same team that McNeely plays on. Is Whitehead's rep that bad now that they can't get any top line commitments????

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Hokydad.......without getting into specific recruits/players.......what is up with Maine recruiting????? the rest of Hockey East have been getting commitments left and right recently......some from the same team that McNeely plays on. Is Whitehead's rep that bad now that they can't get any top line commitments????
            They have a great player in Anthoine and had a solid one in Arnold.

Their rep ijn the USHL is very simple...

they are known as a team that recruits and then jerks kids around. They tell them one thing to get them on board and then push them back if they dont like what they see. Which is bs and should not be the case. They should not committ until they are 100% sure.

Most of the high end schools will let the kid decide when he wants to come in but nudge them if they feel there is an issue, to say stay another year.

I see Whithead at the rinks, not as much now obviously. They have a younger guy, I think Dan Kerluke doing the legwork but I have not heard of him reaching out, mostly just watching. Northeastern, Merrimack, Bu etc are out there as well but watch, identify and then go after kids.

BU was all over the Gill kid until they landed him.

Its a small world out there and when people hear, whether it is true or not, that a coach jerks the kids around after teh fact, like they did Arnold, they stay clear.

Maine is still a top 5 Hockey east team and top 15 national program. There are kids out there from northeast who Maine has neevr even spoken to.

Comment

Book the seats. It would be nice to see the Maine fans traveling a little more and supporting the team. They used to take over sections at Hockey East etc and I have not seen that as much as of late.

Great news is that you can buy a house next to Ford's field for about the same as you can buy a house in old Town....
              I would bet that you are off by a factor of at least 10

Last year, the median sales price for a home in Detroit was ....

$7500
              yes, 75 HUNDRED

I do not know where Ford Field is compared to the rest of the homes that sold there, but I am willing to bet that a really nice closed in porch in Old Town is at least $7500

and no, I am not going just for the sake of going. I cannot imagine that I really want to pay all that much to see a game with binoculars. I am one of the few who really likes Matthews because I can be about 20 feet from the action
              I enjoy games at Bentley, Merrimack and all of the rinks around New England. I do not need to spend what the NCAA is asking just to watch 3 more games.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Thats crazy talk today as it was a week ago.
                I know, I know, I know... but I hope and dream and I really might want to "get a life", but Hockey/Maine Hockey is my passion.
                I am forever hopeful, but lately, the writing has been on the wall.

I remember getting an email from a friend in 2006, right in the middle of 2 Frozen 4's, and the email told me all of the signs that Maine Hockey was not only in decline, but that Maine hockey was finished unless Whitehead was replaced. I did not believe the reasoning because I did not want to.

2 years ago, everyone "knew" that the program was in the tank, but I was still "sure" that Billy Ryan and Rob Bellamy, as alternate captains, would lead the team to another Frozen 4... I was "sure" of it.

glimmers of hope, like a 5 game win streak, can put hope in our hearts... an analysis of who the opponents were and how Maine had done against top teams brings us back down to earth.
                Last edited by KnowItAll; 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Arnold?
                  Does Derek have a brother who is coming to Maine?

Comment

How come no one has picked up Arnold yet if he is so good? Hasn't he had injury issues? His stats are less than impressive for this season:

21 GP, 0 goals, 12 assists, -5, 56 SOG, 0% shooting.

Comment

Arnold?
                      I said, HAD a solid one in Arnold. My impression is he is on the open market. He is playing for a bad waterloo team and still has 12 ponts. 0 Goals with 56 shots sound like he is snake bitten, maybe pressing a little. If he was maines worst F over next 4 years, they would be pretty **** good. he wouldnt be.

He is better then several they have coming.

Anthoine is a Maine born and raised kid who the fans will love. A warrior, loves the contact and can light the lamp. one of the most accurate shots in the league,

There are 14 or 15 kids from Northeast new in USHL this year alone, very few of which ever heard boo from Maine. He was at all the events but walks around and says nothing.

Comment

First you post

Originally Posted by KnowItAll
                        , but a week ago I was thinking of booking seats out to Ford's Field.

and you follow it up with

2 years ago, everyone "knew" that the program was in the tank, but I was still sure that Billy Ryan and Rob Bellamy, as alternate captains, would lead the team to another Frozen 4... I was sure of it.
                        And then you want people to believe that YOU "know it all"????

Boy I am the Whitehead apologist and my expectations the year Ryan, Hopson, Tyler and Bellamy were seniors was .500 at best. They were not leaders, and often times played "watchin hockey"!

Frozen Four this year??????? That is so beyond any optimistic persons dream season. Besides KIA you need a coach for that, and as you have expounded upon for years, we don't have one of those!

Comment

I said, HAD a solid one in Arnold. My impression is he is on the open market. He is playing for a bad waterloo team and still has 12 ponts. 0 Goals with 56 shots sound like he is snake bitten, maybe pressing a little. If he was maines worst F over next 4 years, they would be pretty **** good. he wouldnt be.

He is better then several they have coming.

Anthoine is a Maine born and raised kid who the fans will love. A warrior, loves the contact and can light the lamp. one of the most accurate shots in the league,

There are 14 or 15 kids from Northeast new in USHL this year alone, very few of which ever heard boo from Maine. He was at all the events but walks around and says nothing.
                          Since Whitehead has been snake-bitten by both his 22 year old freshmen and 15 year old diaper dandies.......maybe he is gun shy now?

I know that I don't like seeing all of those Junior Monarchs committing to other programs........I guess that Corkum's legacy wasn't lasting.

Comment

Arnold?
                            No I believe he is referring to Arnold Ziffel. You know, Fred & Doris's boy.

*****http://www.maggiore.net/Greenacres/images/cast_Arnold.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post

And then you want people to believe that YOU "know it all"????

)
                              I am not sure I want to write this again, but "KNOW IT ALL" is supposed to be a joke, you see, EVERYONE who posts thinks that he posts the final word on every single subject. I.e. BobF thinks he knows it all, acs thinks he knows it all, SteveF thinks he knows it all... There is nothing wrong with everyone thinking that he knows it all in an anonymous internet forum...

this was not my first screen name, but I thought that it was the "best one" for EVERYONE on here, the one that everyone would have chosen had everyone been honest with him/herself.
                              JustAnotherKnowItAll was too long, as was JustLikeYouIKnowItAll...

that all being said, I DO know it all, and if you doubt a single thing I say, YOU ARE WRONG... ALL OF YOU. (if you are even in doubt of what your opinion should be on anything, email me and I will tell you what it should be)

as for what I know, and what I hope for, I never said that they were one and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                Since Whitehead has been snake-bitten by both his 22 year old freshmen and 15 year old diaper dandies.......maybe he is gun shy now?

I know that I don't like seeing all of those Junior Monarchs committing to other programs........I guess that Corkum's legacy wasn't lasting.
                                Cam Brown is better then Arnold? Better then Anthoine? Please....

They should get Anthoine in next eyar and would have been better off with Arnold over Brown

Comment

Working...
                                X