Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    oh what the heck.. it'll make for exciting hockey
    Forget teamwork. Hit anything that moves and shoot on whichever net is closest?

Might be fun, but I suspect NU just might cooperate by bringing home whites.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      Some of us are still waiting for pictures of the cheerleaders.
      several comparisons of the whole cheerleader thing vs. the new third jersey:

Third jersey is guaranteed not to be superfluous to on-ice hockey operations;
      New third might result in net gain in revenue to the Athletic Department;
      Even if no pics posted here, jersey will be seen in media coverage of games;
      Fans at game will pay close attention to those on ice wearing new third;
      Tiger Woods could easily explain to his wife if she found pic of the jersey on his cell phone;
      Jersey does not obstruct aisles nor interfere with view during game;
      Jerseys are way less expensive to send to the next Maine appearance in a Regional or Frozen Four;
      New third will not prompt thoughts of "last skater in pinwheel" scene from Slap Shot

I will, however, make comparisons of both cheerleaders and third black jersey to the same as put forth by the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and only hope Maine gets nearly as close to their standard.
      Maine coach Red Gendron said:
      “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        Some of us are still waiting for pictures of the cheerleaders.
        And to clarify, those take precedence.

Comment

Hopefully the fellas can pick up a W and end the 1st half with their collective mojo in tact. Won't be able to be there or tune in as plans with family supercede. Will be eagerly awaiting the the score.
          Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear8 View Post
            Hopefully the fellas can pick up a W and end the 1st half with their collective mojo in tact. Won't be able to be there or tune in as plans with family supercede. Will be eagerly awaiting the the score.
            I talked to few of the players yesterday and that was the overriding theme was getting the win and carrying the momentum into the Holiday break.
            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Big game tonight, NU plays tough and won't roll over in Alfond. Dress warm, tonight will be the first cold game
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                I talked to few of the players yesterday and that was the overriding theme was getting the win and carrying the momentum into the Holiday break.

Don't forget this is the third game of the best of three. It could be very important later in the season.

Comment

It's Toys for Tots night also, bring an unwrapped toy if you can

Comment

News, albeit it ~3 months old, about Maine alum Martin Kariya:
                    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,191271

-Bucky
                    Go Big Red.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      It's Toys for Tots night also, bring an unwrapped toy if you can
                      Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        Yeah, Nyq needs one more year at Maine. You tell your Wingz fans that Seriously, one more year of strength development will go a long way towards starting his career off on the right foot. They take him too early and he very well might regress a bit against the bigger stronger guys. Hell, we'll develop him for his senior year at no charge.

My 17-13-4 progonstification doesnt look so out of reach anymore, eh?
                        I appreciate the input. I've heard a lot of similar sentiment and I don't think any of you guys are being selfish in wanting him back next year (the year after that, we'll have to wait and see ). As a Michigan fan, I've seen many kids leave school early. A lot of them are ready, but a lot aren't. And strength and conditioning may be the most common factor for those that aren't.

On a side note, it's been great to see Jimmy Howard performing so well for my Wings lately, thanks for developing him too

Comment

Maine wins tonight 4-3. Shemansky has the game winner.

Comment

Excellent win for Maine, very boring first period, typical NU, line everyone up and slow it down. NU came out and opened it up a little in the 2nd and Maine looked more at home. Shemanskys goal was awesome and Carriere hit a wide open net, Managene with a great play on the boards. NU had no answer for Maines first line, Nyquist was blowing by them all night. Darling was very steady, like to see NUs goal, he was pretty sure they were in the crease. Nice way to end the first half. Took longer than I thought for Diamond to get in trouble, got to learn to not throw the gloves off

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Excellent win for Maine, very boring first period, typical NU, line everyone up and slow it down. NU came out and opened it up a little in the 2nd and Maine looked more at home. Shemanskys goal was awesome and Carriere hit a wide open net, Managene with a great play on the boards. NU had no answer for Maines first line, Nyquist was blowing by them all night. Darling was very steady, like to see NUs goal, he was pretty sure they were in the crease. Nice way to end the first half. Took longer than I thought for Diamond to get in trouble, got to learn to not throw the gloves off

He's on his way to being a smaller version of Prestin Ryan. I've never seen a penalty for Clipping. Five in a row let's keep it going down in Florida.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                                He's on his way to being a smaller version of Prestin Ryan. I've never seen a penalty for Clipping. Five in a row let's keep it going down in Florida.
                                Time to take this Florida tourney SERIOUSLY! Princeton and CC/Cornell are HUGE PWR points!

Comment

Working...
                                X