Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

One thing I like about this team this season is you don't know which line will lead the way. I think that's a good thing, yes Gustav Nyquist will get his points but I like the fact the team doesn't need to count on him night in and night out.

I wander if the 17 day layoff will hurt the team and their momentum.
    USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      It was on one of the stone tablets Moses brought down but it was mistranslated. It turns out the Hebrew for "Black Bear" and "adultery" are very close...
      Thou shall not commit Black Bear.....?
      GO MAINE

Comment

good win, didn't see or hear much of the game but it sounds like Darling played well once again, good on him.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Maine fan at UNH View Post
          Thou shall not commit Black Bear.....?
          Thou shalt not defeat the Black Bears.

Comment

I think that it also helps that TIMMAY started to feel some pressure and knew that something had to give this season. He seems to be more open to an offensive philosophy instead of sitting on 1-0 leads.........who knew that scoring goals could win games?

Comment

Originally posted by Vooter View Post
              You people are complete wankers who need to get out more. A couple of losing seasons and you're ready to commit suicide over the "collapse" of the program??? LOL...Did I miss the official proclamation from God that Maine hockey ALWAYS has to win? Pathetic. Note to morons: Watching a team start to turn it around after a couple of down years is half the fun in sports. Life will go on--even for people like you who don't have lives...
              Priceless (with due respect to the epnymous poster).

You wish you had my life
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Vooter View Post
                You people are complete wankers who need to get out more. A couple of losing seasons and you're ready to commit suicide over the "collapse" of the program??? LOL...Did I miss the official proclamation from God that Maine hockey ALWAYS has to win? Pathetic. Note to morons: Watching a team start to turn it around after a couple of down years is half the fun in sports. Life will go on--even for people like you who don't have lives...
                It wasn't just losing. It was how they were losing, and the way they looked while they were losing.

Losing you can take if you're giving your utmost and just getting outplayed, just getting beat. But losing while only giving halfhearted efforts, while constantly making the same errors over and over again, is unacceptable

But thanks for posting Mrs. TIMMAY.
                Last edited by rufus; 12-06-2009, 01:28 PM.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Thou shalt not defeat the Black Bears.
                  Well, yeah. That was already one of the commandments, everyone knows that. I thought he meant to substitute Black Bear directly for adultery.
                  GO MAINE

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    I think that it also helps that TIMMAY started to feel some pressure and knew that something had to give this season. He seems to be more open to an offensive philosophy instead of sitting on 1-0 leads.........who knew that scoring goals could win games?
                    Or maybe he actually has players who can play that style! Last years group was a 1st line and a 3rd line and 2 4th lines!

Rufus we'll need to change his close as we surely don't miss the departed 3!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                      Or maybe he actually has players who can play that style! Last years group was a 1st line and a 3rd line and 2 4th lines!

Rufus we'll need to change his close as we surely don't miss the departed 3!
                      Anybody can drive the net instead of floating at the top of the circles. And yet, that's the style of play we had. And how come after the first couple weeks of this season, the PP was no longer just get the puck to the point man and let him shoot? Explain.

And we've still got TIMMAY's annual mid-season swoon to come. A little late this year, but we'll see.
                      Last edited by rufus; 12-06-2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Anybody can drive the net instead of floating at the top of the circles. And yet, that's the style of play we had. And how come after the first couple weeks of this season, the PP was no longer just get the puck to the point man and let him shoot? Explain.

And we've still got TIMMAY's annual mid-season swoon to come. A little late this year, but we'll see.
                        It's obvious, he finally started reading all the expert advice on this forum!

Comment

i think he saw the spreadsheets i put together last year and said "oh #$%&!"

Comment

I think he saw the writing on the wall as far as his long term job prospects unless things changed, and changed quickly.

Didn't hurt that his man-crushes Ryan, Hopson and Tyler were finally gone either. Don't miss those departed three either.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              I think he saw the writing on the wall as far as his long term job prospects unless things changed, and changed quickly.

Didn't hurt that his man-crushes Ryan, Hopson and Tyler were finally gone either. Don't miss those departed three either.
                              Tyler was a warrior and a great player but I think you're spot on with the other two. It seems that since certain players have left the attitude has improved tremendously.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

its nice seeing Maine play with some confidence. They finally seem to be playing at their ability. Maine should be Nationally Ranked and they continue to play like it. Another week with a vote would call for some serious committee questioning

Comment

Working...
                                X