Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by BobF View Post
    I continue to see Bob Corkum credited for all the recruit talent. The fact of the matter is Dan Kerluke is now head of recruiting, I understand the love affair with Bob, as one who watched him play at Maine I always appreciated all the little things he did all over the ice, but credit for much of the recruiting these days should go to Dan.
    Actually, I think recruiting is a shared function now. I have heard Corkum say in interviews that he spends a fair amount of time on the road. I would venture to say that he was instrumental in getting Shemansky, Beatty, Flynn, Nemec and Cornell to come to Maine based on his time with the Jr. Monarchs.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Actually, I think recruiting is a shared function now. I have heard Corkum say in interviews that he spends a fair amount of time on the road. I would venture to say that he was instrumental in getting Shemansky, Beatty, Flynn, Nemec and Cornell to come to Maine based on his time with the Jr. Monarchs.
      Agree that as far as Monarchs go that is the case, and I am sure he is doing recruiting in New England. However according to media guide and Tim's comments Kerluke is now the recruiting coordinator. Simply seems as if Dan gets 0 credit from the masses who all want Corkum to be credited with all successes and ultimately be named new coach. That's fantasy land, need to give credit every once in awhile to Dan and even, dare I say it, TIM, for the sophomore and freshman class!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        Agree that as far as Monarchs go that is the case, and I am sure he is doing recruiting in New England. However according to media guide and Tim's comments Kerluke is now the recruiting coordinator. Simply seems as if Dan gets 0 credit from the masses who all want Corkum to be credited with all successes and ultimately be named new coach. That's fantasy land, need to give credit every once in awhile to Dan and even, dare I say it, TIM, for the sophomore and freshman class!
        Who knows...maybe Dan and Tim will get some credit for recruiting when those two classes they brought in, minus the Monarch kids, actually accomplish something meaningful, eh ? Of course, Tim still has time to cause a trainwreck with all of them.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

My .02 is that this weekend is going to be very telling if not the turning point of the entire season. If BC blows them out on back to back nights this team goes into the tank. If they can get 2 or 3 pts then I see good things headed into the 2nd half of the season. I think it's as basic as the goaltending. I think there is much improved effort with this team as a whole. However, the goaltending is very VERY questionable. If Darling doesn't start showing some consistancy then this willl be a .500 team. If he improves and starts winning a few games where the team is outplayed,then, with the way HE is this year a 4th place finish isn't out of the question. Mabe even 3rd. (just kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            My .02 is that this weekend is going to be very telling if not the turning point of the entire season. If BC blows them out on back to back nights this team goes into the tank. If they can get 2 or 3 pts then I see good things headed into the 2nd half of the season. I think it's as basic as the goaltending. I think there is much improved effort with this team as a whole. However, the goaltending is very VERY questionable. If Darling doesn't start showing some consistancy then this willl be a .500 team. If he improves and starts winning a few games where the team is outplayed,then, with the way HE is this year a 4th place finish isn't out of the question. Mabe even 3rd. (just kidding)
            I said early on I thot 4th wouldnt be out of the question...but, and a big one at that, everything must fall into place, the most important of which is consistently solid, if not sometimes, spectacular goaltending from whats-his-name. Maine would have to bring their A game every game to grab home ice....having said that, I dont think we'll see it, unless of course Timmay takes a walk early.

This will be a good test for Maine this weekend....especially since BC squandered a chance for a sweep at home last weekend.....I doubt, if they win the first game, they'll lie down for the second one after last weekend.

btw, BC Sucks.

Comment

Why doesnt Kerluke get as much credit as Corkum? Because Kerluke has been involved with Timmay during the downward spiral of this program. Corkum, in only one year helping out, has already brought in a promising group of young players who havent taken the gas pipe yet like many of Timmay/Danny recruits, or havent been involved in off ice antics to the degree we've witnessed over the past 4 years. Time will as always tell the whole story, but I have yet to see anything that Corkum's touched go sour. My guess is he prosecutes his business of coaching much like he played....honest and hard working.

Comment

I was thinking about making the roadie up this weekend. I looked in the tix thread but nothing. Anyone got 3 or 4 for Sat they want to part with???? Or has the attendance been such that I can get some the night of the game?

Comment

Anyone want a pair of tickets to Friday's game? I can't go. Reply to this or rep me with your email.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

right now, we have an improving team, with decent effort, good skills . . . the question is and will probably continue to be goaltending. And that has been inconsistent to the point of maddening. Up and down from game to game, from period to period . . . for me, and perhaps I am being simplistic here, it is all about minding the net . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      I was thinking about making the roadie up this weekend. I looked in the tix thread but nothing. Anyone got 3 or 4 for Sat they want to part with???? Or has the attendance been such that I can get some the night of the game?
                      We couldn't sell out BU. You should be able to buy tickets at the door.
                      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Why would Corkum take the job if offered? I can think of plenty of reasons why he wouldn’t, he’s retired and has a very good pension, he has time for his family and he wouldn’t if he were in the head coaching position, also a lack of support from the administration, just to mention a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                          Why would Corkum take the job if offered? I can think of plenty of reasons why he wouldn’t, he’s retired and has a very good pension, he has time for his family and he wouldn’t if he were in the head coaching position, also a lack of support from the administration, just to mention a few.
                          Well, for starters, didnt he marry a girl he met here at school? Didnt he get married while he was still in school and live off campus? Isnt Kellen coming to Maine next year? Isnt he one helluva dedicated individual as witnessed by his play while he was here and his outstanding pro career? Didnt he relocate here to participate as an assistant coach? I could go on, but my guess without talking to him is that he loves it here and loves the school. And after what Wally passed along tonight, his heart is definitely in the right place. Who better to guide this team at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                            We couldn't sell out BU. You should be able to buy tickets at the door.

There will be at least 700 tickets available for both games
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              ........... Isnt Kellen coming to Maine next year?...............
                              I believe Kellen is already at Maine attending classes. Probably will redshirt the entire season so that he becomes healthy.

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
                                Updated 11/19 Maine’s secondary scoring is a big part of the offense
                                USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X