PDA

View Full Version : UConn Huskies 2009-2010

IceIsNice
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Okay, I've been advocating for you guys for a few weeks now, but I seem to be out on a limb and on my own. Any "UConn Fan"s out there wanna chirp a little? ;)

Nice win over St. Lawrence and a meaningful tie to Northeastern, plus you beat everyone else you're supposed to beat (except maybe Colgate?).

I'm suggesting that this may be the third best team in Hockey East (UNH #1 and Northeastern #2).

Any Huskies wanna help support this claim? What's going on down there in Storrs?

DC78-82
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Okay, I've been advocating for you guys for a few weeks now, but I seem to be out on a limb and on my own. Any "UConn Fan"s out there wanna chirp a little? ;)

Nice win over St. Lawrence and a meaningful tie to Northeastern, plus you beat everyone else you're supposed to beat (except maybe Colgate?).

I'm suggesting that this may be the third best team in Hockey East (UNH #1 and Northeastern #2).

Any Huskies wanna help support this claim? What's going on down there in Storrs?

IIRC Justamom is indeed, just a mom now, and not a goalie mom, and the other U Conn advocate is Freak, who is, well, bitter...(and A UNH fan)

Where are the rest?

Justamom
11-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I really an just a mom now,

she won't even play anything :(

freak
11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I really an just a mom now,

she won't even play anything :(

Anything I can do? ;) Not that I have any pull, of course.

Justamom
11-04-2009, 10:13 PM
poke

IceIsNice
11-16-2009, 08:41 AM
anyone? anyone?

No goals against BC this weekend.... wha happ'n?

Seriously, love to hear the Huskies take on the weekend. No offense to my good friends at BC, I was expecting a true split here. In fact, more honestly, I was thining UConn had the chance for a two game sweep and the chance to finally get some attention in the polls.

Did BC really improve significantly from their disappointing performance against UVM last week, or does UConn still have work to do this season?

TonyTheTiger20
11-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Did BC really improve significantly from their disappointing performance against UVM last week, or does UConn still have work to do this season?
Yes.

dfpsports
12-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I know it'll likely cause groans from superfans of each team, but I try not to side with any one team and just enjoy the games, I am an alum though and I try to get out to Freitas whenever possible. I was at the Nutmeg Classic (how that ended up scheduled on thanksgiving break I'll never know).

I couldn't begin to analyze where UConn fits into the standings though, I've never been able to break down games.

brookyone
07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
How about some info on a 2011-2012 UConn rookie.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_article/show/98062?referrer_id=115187

UCONN FAN
07-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Great news!

ARM
07-25-2011, 03:38 PM
How about some info on a 2011-2012 UConn rookie.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_article/show/98062?referrer_id=115187Hewes seems to have the kind of game that will translate better to the next level than many high school players.

DedicatedFan
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Hewes seems to have the kind of game that will translate better to the next level than many high school players.

Hewes is a nice player. Quick and can play both ends of the ice. Goes to show you don't have to be big to be recruited as a D1 defenseman. Congratulations Caitlin!

ARM
07-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Hewes is a nice player. Quick and can play both ends of the ice. Goes to show you don't have to be big to be recruited as a D1 defenseman.I wouldn't consider Hewes small as compared to some other D to come out of the state like the Brodts, Albrecht, Rosso, Alleva, Romatoski, Wild, or the Wheelhouse sisters.

oakhill
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Great news!
Any other news on the other recruits .. Several other touted ladies from Minni and I see a TC player.

oakhill
08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Any other news on the other recruits .. Several other touted ladies from Minni and I see a TC player.

New recruits announced on UConn site. Hopefully a few can step in right away.

brookyone
10-14-2011, 01:50 PM
No UConn thread for 2011-2012?

This'll have to do then. GO HUSKIES! Kick some goondog butt this weekend!! And keep an eye peeled for flying water bottles mysteriously sailing through the air...mysteriously aimed at your bench.