PDA

View Full Version : Coffee - Hockey fans choose......?????

Pages : [1] 2 3

IceIsNice
11-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I hope I didn't leave out any of the majors......

Sorry Hux and Gotice, neither "NAHA" nor "Freddie Meyer" seemed appropriate in this poll!

GHF
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
This poll was LONG overdue!

mtnscm
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
At the risk of tipping my hand on the East West bias question that is always at issue on the DIII threads, I have to vote Starbucks as the others don't have much market share out my way. Perhaps Caribou (sp?) Coffee should be a choice for our friends from the Land of 10K lakes.

brookyone
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
My "other" vote is for the "Holiday" convenience store chain. 100% Columbian / french vanilla cappuccino mix...mmmm.

IceIsNice
11-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I am guessing that was Brookyone's choice in selecting "Other"...... Caribou?

Also, our Chicago friends may be partial to Stan Mikita's.

gotice
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I hope I didn't leave out any of the majors......

Sorry Hux and Gotice, neither "NAHA" nor "Freddie Meyer" seemed appropriate in this poll!

Well at least the land of NAHA has Green Mountain Coffee available. When no Timmy's is in view, a GMC and a bagel with maple butter will do.

CrazyDave
11-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Coffee... what's that? Give me a glass of Minute Maid OJ and get out of my way. :p

(and Diet Coke for my other meals... ;) )

notfromaroundhere
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Coffee... what's that? Give me a glass of Minute Maid OJ and get out of my way. :p

(and Diet Coke for my other meals... ;) )

"Diet Coke, It's not just for breakfast anymore."

Oh, they used to say that about Orange Juice. :D

Padstack
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
As to the Chicago contingent, we drive to Detroit to get Tim Horton's. There is no substitute.

Hux
11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Aside from the chocolate, the Tim Bits suck. No comparison to Dunkin Munchkins.

Of course, Timmy's Hot Chocolate is a favorite of mine. (though nowhere near the slice of heaven that is Burdicks...about the only thing Trillium and I are likely to agree on at the moment. ;) )

gotice
11-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Of course, Timmy's Hot Chocolate is a favorite of mine. (though nowhere near the slice of heaven that is Burdicks...about the only think Trillium and I are likely to agree on at the moment. ;) )

I disagree. The cinnamon timbits are delicious and so are the sour cream glazed.

TonyTheTiger20
11-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Perhaps Caribou Coffee should be a choice for our friends from the Land of 10K lakes.
Caribou Coffee is epic.

******** width="445" height="364">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AiIY5Is5k5M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AiIY5Is5k5M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

justthedriver
11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Have to go with Timmy's. Not sure if it's the coffe or the sausage egg and cheeeeese biscuit, either way I'm hooked.:D :D

Plugger
11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Go to go with a Timmy Horton with a maple dip.....nothing better, unless in March you win a prize in a roll up the rim to win!!!!!!;)

Trillium
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM

Of course, Timmy's Hot Chocolate is a favorite of mine. (though nowhere near the slice of heaven that is Burdicks...about the only think Trillium and I are likely to agree on at the moment. ;) )

:D LOL. Yup, we definitely do agree on that...when the coffee discussion came up my first thought was that the ultimate coffee beverage is actually the Mocha Java from Burdick's...absolutely to die for. My youngest can't be anywhere within an hour or so of Boston without insisting on a trip there for a hot chocolate and a Harvard Square. I think they need to franchise.

As far as baked goods go, the Pumpkin Spice Muffins at Timmy's which are currently on the seasonal menu are a special highlight, though the pumpkin donuts aren't bad either. The good news is these are actually in season twice as long in the US, with Thanksgiving being so late and all.

eagle beagle
11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
It;s been my observation that most fans and security personnel prefer "FREE" coffee.

freak
11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I go with the coffee flavored coffee.

Ralph Kramden
11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I was excited to try some Tim's when my son played Juniors in Canada but I never found anything to like about it. I'm a Dunkin fan now but I still have fond memories of the rink coffee where my son played peewee and bantam. Generally it had to be chewed and, in a pinch, could be used to seal a driveway. Good stuff.

mattj711
11-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Caribou would be my vote!

futurestar
11-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Black and hot....