Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

For the UNH game; note that USCHO has the time wrong; it is apparently to be played at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, not 7:00.
    Go Cats
    Former HEA Champions

Comment

Yes, it's definitely a 4pm start with a skate with Santa and player autographs after the game so bring your skates!
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Hey Merrimack fans. What can we expect from this game? Are they still having scoreboard problems at the Volpe?
        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
          Hey Merrimack fans. What can we expect from this game? Are they still having scoreboard problems at the Volpe?
          RockTheWhit, expect the unexpected, but word is that all issues with the scoreboards have been fixed for tomorrow's game. The clocks were in good working order for the BU game...so they should be good to go for tomorrow...

Plus, I'm sure you'll be happy to know the old scoreboards will be gone when UNH comes back to town in late January.
          "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
          "Why?"
          "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Think we can break this three-game skid? It seems like the defense is regressing to that of years' past.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

unfortunately i didn't have a chance to really check out the game via the rinkrat blog or anything due to the holiday weekend and such, but from my reading it does sound a bit like we're losing that "hunger" at times. We're not clearing out the front of the net, we're not beating other teams to loose pucks, and not sacrificing the body like we had seen earlier in the year. Team needs to get that back or we're in trouble
              "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                Think we can break this three-game skid? It seems like the defense is regressing to that of years' past.
                Well the three game skid got broke, won one game, now had a six-game skid. Too much dependance on a few guys to do it all. Same issue as last year, the top three to six guys running out of gas in the third period because the bench gets shortened. Roll the lines and employ more players on the special teams. Have some faith in these guys and keep the momentum going for a full 60 minutes. No one on this Warrior team is going to win games on their own. Actually, nobody on any hockey team anywhere can win games on their own. Team chemistry and attitude will have to come around pretty quick to stay out of the basement. A long road trip is coming to an end and hopefully a few home games will result in a turnaround.

Comment

A nice win at home tonight. The Warriors worked hard for this one and I think the chemistry is starting to come. Keep working with some of these line combinations and more personnel on the special teams. The rise out of the basement has begun.

Comment

And people claim that I am out of touch with reality

Comment

• Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      And people claim that I am out of touch with reality
                      So Hokydad, what is your prediction for this weekend? I am thinking that we will see a split with both teams taking 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by catsfan View Post
                        For the UNH game; note that USCHO has the time wrong; it is apparently to be played at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, not 7:00.
                        I really need to focus on the date more.

Looking forward to a game at Merrimack with a decent amount of MC fans there -- in the past, one UNH player called it a "UNH Home Game at Merrimack." It would be nice for this fan to see Merrimack make a splash in Hockey East.

Just, wait until February, please.
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

• Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by icewarrior View Post
                          A nice win at home tonight. The Warriors worked hard for this one and I think the chemistry is starting to come. Keep working with some of these line combinations and more personnel on the special teams. The rise out of the basement has begun.
                          Another critical victory against New Hampshire on home ice. One more rung up the ladder. It will be a very tough battle tonight.

Comment

I expect tonight to be another fast paced close game. The large ice surface could get them in trouble if the don't keep the shifts short. I think the physical game we saw last night will continue.

Dennehy has a tough choice in goal, does he go with Braithwaite who has won the last 2 or play Cannata. I'm guessing Braithwaite gets the start.

Go Warriors, take it again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jackieg View Post
                              I expect tonight to be another fast paced close game. The large ice surface could get them in trouble if the don't keep the shifts short. I think the physical game we saw last night will continue.

Dennehy has a tough choice in goal, does he go with Braithwaite who has won the last 2 or play Cannata. I'm guessing Braithwaite gets the start.

Go Warriors, take it again tonight.
                              It would be nice. Cannata gave UNH fits last year at UNH, I would expect to see him.

Comment

So, I finally found something positive about Volpe last night... the BEST soft pretzels I've EVER had. For that I will apologize in advance for saying anything bad again

Having said that, kudos to Merrimack last night for playing a great game and picking up a big win and some revenge for their only home loss in November.

Looking forward to tonight's game on the frozen lake!

Comment

Working...
                                X