Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    1. I couldn't care less if bostonewe is male or female.

2. Benedetto seemed to like BU just fine last spring, soooooo...
    Benedetto doesn't like BU, he just dislikes logic. So he does the opposite. Really not much of a puzzle to figure out.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
      Benedetto doesn't like BU, he just dislikes logic. So he does the opposite. Really not much of a puzzle to figure out.
      ALL I'm saying is that UML has first in line dibs on the "Benedetto hates us list." I agree, it's probably a very long list.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        ALL I'm saying is that UML has first in line dibs on the "Benedetto hates us list." I agree, it's probably a very long list.
        10 teams long... I'm so witty.

Comment

so back to the upcoming game....what's the deal with MC getting a busload of students over to the game. I've heard rumors but haven't seen anything solid. I hope we can get a good vocal group over to Tsongas to cause some trouble
          "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

I don't think it's going to happen. And honestly I'm not sure that I blame them, sure we brought a lot of students to the home bu game but I doubt students would get on a bus to Lowell if there was one, especially this short notice.

I hate to say it but sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow students, Ive actually seen kids in a dorm playing NHL 09 on their
            xbox when I'm comin back from a game at lawlor.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
              I don't think it's going to happen. And honestly I'm not sure that I blame them, sure we brought a lot of students to the home bu game but I doubt students would get on a bus to Lowell if there was one, especially this short notice.

I hate to say it but sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow students, Ive actually seen kids in a dorm playing NHL 09 on their
              Sadly every school has them. I went out to grab a quick smoke between the 2nd and 3rd period against BU, Lowell's first home game against last year's National Champion, and there were a few students heading back to the dorm, even though it was an extremely exciting game.

But the good thing is Lowell's students are finally coming to games. Now, that a) needs to continue and b) they need to stay.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                But the good thing is Lowell's students are finally coming to games. Now, that a) needs to continue and b) they need to stay.
                c) bring more of their friends.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

Do the students stay around campus on weekends? Back in the 80's they used to call MC the "suitcase school". Most of the resident students would head home every weekend. But back then most of the students were commuters and didn't live on campus.

Comment

i can't say anything about the current students but MC was awful with student attendance while i was there (2002 - 2007). Most kids stayed on campus but didn't come out to games. Now granted there was a horrible product out on the ice, but still. It was very discouraging to see such little support.
                    "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

The MC students are beginning to really support this team. The BU home game was the largest crowd I have seen in 5 years of work at the Lawler. The crowd was announced at 2,990 and it looked every bit of the part.

However, this team is not a sellout candidate for every home game quite yet. For example, two games after Da Costa scored his five goals...the arena wasn't even close to being filled for the 4:00 game against UCONN...mostly because the Patriots were still on TV when the game started.

In any event, for the ULowell game, I was told that no student bus ride is being sponsored and that any MC students who travel are doing so of their own volition. IMO, it's too bad--as an alumni, I am traveling to go see this team play on the road. I'm not sure the current students understand the struggle from whence this program came--but in time, they will.
                      "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                      "Why?"
                      "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
                        In any event, for the ULowell game, I was told that no student bus ride is being sponsored and that any MC students who travel are doing so of their own volition.
                        I hope they at least phrased it in a more encouraging manner than that.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Hello,

Defenceman Kyle Bigos is someone we're keeping tabs on this year and I recently posted his first entry to the blog/Q&A that he has agreed to do with us this season.

Here's the link: http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...on-campus.html

Cheers,

Guy
                          The Pipeline Show
                          TEAM 1260 Edmonton
                          www.thepipelineshow.com
                          The only Canadian Radio Show that gives a crap about U.S. college hockey: The Pipeline Show

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
                            The MC students are beginning to really support this team. The BU home game was the largest crowd I have seen in 5 years of work at the Lawler. The crowd was announced at 2,990 and it looked every bit of the part.

However, this team is not a sellout candidate for every home game quite yet. For example, two games after Da Costa scored his five goals...the arena wasn't even close to being filled for the 4:00 game against UCONN...mostly because the Patriots were still on TV when the game started.

In any event, for the ULowell game, I was told that no student bus ride is being sponsored and that any MC students who travel are doing so of their own volition. IMO, it's too bad--as an alumni, I am traveling to go see this team play on the road. I'm not sure the current students understand the struggle from whence this program came--but in time, they will.
                            The school is still very much a "suitcase school". Yes there are plenty of people who stay on campus but a lot of people go home. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that 80% of the population comes from New England and over 50% (myself included) live within an hour of the school.

I think we need to see a push for more national recognition and more students from a distance in order to grow campus camaraderie. Right now it seems like a lot of students are still arguing over who had the better high school not coming together around Merrimack.

Perhaps a push into the playoffs by the hockey team will help that aspect of the campus. Look at the jump Villanova made when their BBall team won it all in '85.
                            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

• Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Just wondering what the predicitions are for this weekend's game against New Hampshire. Will the Warriors extend their winning streak at home? Who's injured and who's back?

Comment

Originally posted by GuyF View Post
                                Hello,

Defenceman Kyle Bigos is someone we're keeping tabs on this year and I recently posted his first entry to the blog/Q&A that he has agreed to do with us this season.

Here's the link: http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...on-campus.html

Cheers,

Guy
                                The Pipeline Show
                                TEAM 1260 Edmonton
                                www.thepipelineshow.com
                                Guy,

Kyle has been a great player for Merrimack this season, he carries on the physical presence that the school is known for in Hockey East (you can ask Chris Kreider from BC for confirmation ).

The other teams know when he is on the ice and they are starting to pass the puck away from his side of the ice as a result. Also, his shot is excellent and he has been a nice weapon on the power play, producing huge rebounds or tickling the twine in a screen.

We are all hoping he sticks around to impose his will on Hockey East for a few more years.
                                "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                                "Why?"
                                "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Working...
                                X