Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

so moving on...

with this week being an off week for the warriors with a series with BU upcoming do you feel that the week off is a benefit or a hinderance on the team after the defeat of BC...I've been wrestling over this one in my mind for a few days and i can't decide...
    "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

I would have to say that it helps.

From what I've heard from coaches and players, momentum doesn't carry much from Sunday to Friday, so there's really not much more momentum to be lost by having a weekend off.

I think Dennehy will utilize the time off and prepare the boys for a heck of a series this weekend.
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
        I would have to say that it helps.

From what I've heard from coaches and players, momentum doesn't carry much from Sunday to Friday, so there's really not much more momentum to be lost by having a weekend off.

I think Dennehy will utilize the time off and prepare the boys for a heck of a series this weekend.
        It should be a great series. BU is reeling and will be looking to get a couple of wins. Merrimack will be looking to keep the momentum going. I just hope that this series doesn't get chippy like it did last year...

Looking forward to the weekend!

BU Alum '07

Comment

I just hope the officiating is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
            I just hope the officiating is fair.
            As long as Benedetto isn't on the ice we have a shot haha only joking (although there might be some seriousness to it...that would be a very interesting stat).

The refs have certainly missed some calls this year but over all I think they've been pretty much fair.

@SalvucciM

Comment

i used to have a huge issue with bunyon....he almost kicked me out of lawler twice...

What's a few obscenities among friends though? so the rink went silent and i said a few things....stuff happens lol

I hope the warriors can pull off a split though....that would be an excellent weekend for them. Realistically the talent levels are very different between the teams, but it should be awesome to watch....GO MACK GO

Comment

so who's going to be in attendance for both games this weekend. Unfortunately i will not be making it up until the game @ northeastern in early december

Comment

Ten other students and I will be in a van heading down to Villanova for the weekend...learning about Merrimack's augustinian heritage etc. So unfortunately I won't be there. I'll be following Mike's blog though!

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                    It should be a great series. BU is reeling and will be looking to get a couple of wins. Merrimack will be looking to keep the momentum going. I just hope that this series doesn't get chippy like it did last year...

Looking forward to the weekend!
                    Yup - my exact thoughts, though I'm thinking MC takes all the points this weekend.

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                    As long as Benedetto isn't on the ice we have a shot haha only joking (although there might be some seriousness to it...that would be a very interesting stat).

The refs have certainly missed some calls this year but over all I think they've been pretty much fair.
                    Not sure how Benedetto treats MC, but he's certainly no fan of BU. Bunyon on the other hand...

Comment

1:46 till puck drops....lets go merrimack....a split or better will be a great weekend

Comment

unfortunately i wasn't able to make it to the game....sounds like officiating was awful on both sides....good win though....excited to see the outcome of tonight

Comment

Thoughts on not being able to win on the road?

I hope we can pick up a win Saturday at Tsongas before this turns into a mental thing.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post

Not sure how Benedetto treats MC, but he's certainly no fan of BU.
                            I would beg to differ, sir.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              I would beg to differ, sir.
                              Well then you're wrong on two accounts. He is not a fan of BU, protestations of everyone in the universe notwithstanding. I think all those penalties he called on Friday would indicate that, but of course BU commits penalties, whereas their opponents apparently do not, yet get called. And I would think that fine Lowell education would allow you to know that a "ewe" is female.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Well then you're wrong on two accounts. He is not a fan of BU, protestations of everyone in the universe notwithstanding. I think all those penalties he called on Friday would indicate that, but of course BU commits penalties, whereas their opponents apparently do not, yet get called. And I would think that fine Lowell education would allow you to know that a "ewe" is female.
                                1. I couldn't care less if bostonewe is male or female.

2. Benedetto seemed to like BU just fine last spring, soooooo...
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X