Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huntington.Comm NU/BU 11/6

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
    Hee! That was funny. Though if I could have watched the whole thing without that stupid buffering thing going on I would have liked it more. I wonder what they did with that, as it was made in 1990. YouTube wasn't around then.

Anyway, hockey. Looking forward to the game on Friday and checking out the revamped digs.

Comment

since im not on campus till... well... a long while, are the "BEAT" t-shirts a school sponsored thing or are they like the "Sucks to BU" kid?
      GO NU!
      --------------------------------------------------
      2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        our defense hasn't been great, still lots of talent but some lackadaisical play has hurt us. i'm having trouble seeing how bonino being hurt makes millan more vulnerable. sure, it's that much less scoring but it really doesn't make millan any more or less vulnerable. i'd say it forces our lines to be mixed up and guys who haven't played together are lined up with each other now. there have been a bunch of times where linemates don't know where the other is going and end up skating into the others space. our spacing on odd man rushes and in the offensive zone in general has been awful at times. i really don't know what to expect from this one, seems rawlings has been suspect but our scoring hasn't really been fantastic, so that could be a wash. i think millan could be the deciding factor here, a solid performance could be necessary if we continue to be somewhat disorganized on offense.
        Its funny actually, all three Beanpot Hockey East teams are basically mirror images of each other so far. If you look at GF and GA, all three teams have scored the least amount of goals out of all the Hockey East teams, and all three teams have given up the same amount of goals on the lower side of all the Hockey East teams, yet none of the three teams are happy with their goaltending/defense.

So I would think all three teams need to give the defense and goaltending a break and start pointing the figure out our offenses for not doing their job.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

..right. Our offense can start by attending more women's gms. They're off to a 7-1 start, ranked in the top 10, scoring goals at ease & solid (amazing, actually) goaltending. Rawlings & co.. #s don't lie.. watch the other Huskies more often
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Hee! That was funny. Though if I could have watched the whole thing without that stupid buffering thing going on I would have liked it more. I wonder what they did with that, as it was made in 1990. YouTube wasn't around then.

Anyway, hockey. Looking forward to the game on Friday and checking out the revamped digs.
            I hate to have to correct my friend Scarlet, but...

It was made in 2009. You mis-read this: "The students of Boston University kindly request that their beloved (and nonexistent) football team be reinstated, and returned to its 1990's glory. " Back to 1990 GLORY, not made in 1990. Silly Scarlet.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              ..right. Our offense can start by attending more women's gms. They're off to a 7-1 start, ranked in the top 10, scoring goals at ease & solid (amazing, actually) goaltending. Rawlings & co.. #s don't lie.. watch the other Huskies more often
              Yeah someone get on the horn and get us some Olympians :/
              Matthews Arena:
              Originally posted by UMLGoon
              "you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is 'our rink predates electricity'"

Comment

No Thiessen, no Wilson, no Vitale, no Gilroy, no Ginand, no Lawrence, no Bonino and no Quailer.

Where did all the stars go???

The crowd will be rocking Friday night...if Rawlings can get through his first period nerves we will be alright. If not, a bad start>crowd out of the game>NU having to open up play>ugly, ugly, ugly
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  I hate to have to correct my friend Scarlet, but...

It was made in 2009. You mis-read this: "The students of Boston University kindly request that their beloved (and nonexistent) football team be reinstated, and returned to its 1990's glory. " Back to 1990 GLORY, not made in 1990. Silly Scarlet.
                  Ha! Oops. Serves me right for not paying attention (ws more focused on wondering why the video kept stopping). So kids who were, what, babies or barely gleams in their parents' eyes want to return BU to its 1990's glory? How did they even know about that?

Where did all the stars go???
                  Stars? We don't need no stinkin' stars!!!

Comment

Had to wait in line for more than an hour to get a student ticket this afternoon. It's going to be packed; Matthews Arena is the place to be this Friday night.
                    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

so... *who is* idea was it to make those "Beat BU" shirts? The simple grammar may have been a plus time time around... but what terribly ugly shirts, huh?

Someone told me they'll be making those shirts for every home game? I hope they were lying.

I waited out there for a while... (got myself a ticket in about half an hour) and I don't know if I saw one person buy one. On the other hand, that Husky SmartCar was pretty bad*****...
                      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Y'all have a loose definition of 'star'...
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

well looks like warso is likely out for friday and megan could be too - we might be lucky to escape with a point.
                          time to write new history

Comment

2000 student tickets given out to students today, my goodness that line was long.

amped for friday
                            Arenas Attended
                            Matthews Arena
                            Agganis Arena
                            Tsongas Arena
                            Lawler Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            TD Banknorth Garden
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Alfond Arena
                            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                              so... *who is* idea was it to make those "Beat BU" shirts? The simple grammar may have been a plus time time around... but what terribly ugly shirts, huh?

Someone told me they'll be making those shirts for every home game? I hope they were lying.

I waited out there for a while... (got myself a ticket in about half an hour) and I don't know if I saw one person buy one. On the other hand, that Husky SmartCar was pretty bad*****...
                              im assuming they're school sponsored... yes? I know my friend will be wearing one and she probably thinks they're "AWESOME" and "SOO COOL". Sadly I cannot prevent her stupidity.
                              GO NU!
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                                amped for friday
                                So am I, and I'm not even going as a fan. Matthews is my favorite place to watch a hockey game, and when it's a BU-NU sellout, it's just ridiculous. Parker said today that this is the first time NU has ever sold out Matthews before the day of the game. Anyone know if that's true?
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X